Implant 9/29/23 - Dr. Eid

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Stayingstrong

Re: Implant 9/29/23 - Dr. Eid

Postby Stayingstrong » Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:51 pm

Yes, please do keep updates coming. It is a great help to all, especially to guys like me who are in the line for an implant from Dr. Eid
Age 70
Pills didn't work well. Trimix worked good for 3 years, then only fair for following 3 years but need a cock ring in conjunction.
Implant 12/6/2023 Dr. Eid
Coloplast Titan 20 cm with right side trimmed to 19 cm. No RTE. Classic pump.

Kalidestroyer

Postby Kalidestroyer » Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:03 pm

I went back to Dr Eid’s office yesterday to have the sutures removed. All seems to be healing well. They put some surgical glue and small bandages over the incision after removing the water tight suture. Was advised to stop pumping for three days to avoid the very unlikely event that strong pumping/cycling could open the incision now that the sutures are out. For the same reason, I was advised not to submerge in a bath for 3 days, though showering was still permitted. I was told my incision was entirely closed and healing faster than average so these precautions were likely unnecessary but I will follow them.
I still have some minor discomfort in scrotal area which makes sitting for long periods of time a bit uncomfortable. I would call it more “annoying” and “irritating” than painful. There is very little swelling. I am happy given that its only been 2 weeks post surgery. I will be cycling again after 3 days. I have finished the post-surgery antibiotic course that Dr Eid prescribes (3 pills twice per day for about 2 weeks). In 5 weeks, Ill begin exercising and looking for partner.

If you dont hear from me much again, this means all went to plan. On this note, please do remember that there is a strong selection bias in people posting who have problems with their implants. Per studies, there is a 95% satisfaction rate which to me means the vast majority of people have few problems and even those that have problems, the problems are exceeded by the upsides. The people with no problems dont post much. That said, this is a fantastic community and I wish all the best to my bionic brothers.

BelleBite

Postby BelleBite » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:48 am

Had my implant with Dr Eid one week ago today. Minimal pain, though some tenderness and aching.. Began cycling day three. So happy to see/feel my old buddy back! Happy to answer questions to those looking for thoughts & input.
72 radical prostatectomy surgery at MSKCC. Implanted Nov 2023 w/Dr Eid. Titan Coloplast.

Stayingstrong

Postby Stayingstrong » Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:31 pm

BelleBite wrote:Had my implant with Dr Eid one week ago today. Minimal pain, though some tenderness and aching.. Began cycling day three. So happy to see/feel my old buddy back! Happy to answer questions to those looking for thoughts & input.

Just had my pre-op with him. Three weeks until surgery (Dec. 6).
I can't think of anyone I would feel more confident and comfortable with than Dr. Eid.
He going to fix my ED first and then three months later, fix my BPH.
The office looks antiquated but the people in it are 100% up to date, efficient, and knowledgeable, not to mention ultra cordial.
Age 70
Pills didn't work well. Trimix worked good for 3 years, then only fair for following 3 years but need a cock ring in conjunction.
Implant 12/6/2023 Dr. Eid
Coloplast Titan 20 cm with right side trimmed to 19 cm. No RTE. Classic pump.

rlm1818

Postby rlm1818 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:34 pm

It's been a few years since I checked in on this site. I'm happy to see Dr Eid still at it. He did my Coloplast Titan implant almost 12 years ago. I'm very happy its still working great and no signs of failing. He did tell me then to expect 10-12 years out of it, but I'm hopeful it will continue. Anyway, if it failed I'd replace it in a heartbeat.
22cm Coloplast Titan OTR implanted Feb 2012 by Dr Francois Eid in NYC.
Initial implant experience here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1308

lagerfeld2306

Postby lagerfeld2306 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:38 am

rlm1818 wrote:It's been a few years since I checked in on this site. I'm happy to see Dr Eid still at it. He did my Coloplast Titan implant almost 12 years ago. I'm very happy its still working great and no signs of failing. He did tell me then to expect 10-12 years out of it, but I'm hopeful it will continue. Anyway, if it failed I'd replace it in a heartbeat.

Hello, that's what I call good news. Approximately how many times have you used it on average? What experiences would you be able to describe over the years? Positive as well as negative.
Spina Bifida and ED since birth. Sex with pills possible for a while, injections have been working fine for 7 years. Slight increase in dose. Consideration implant

Return to “Implants”