What About SE Asia?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
I_Am_Tired

What About SE Asia?

Postby I_Am_Tired » Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:43 pm

I have had my AMS 700 pump break twice on me, each one lasting about 18 months. At this point I am thinking about going with a a malleable, as I'm retired now without insurance and will have to pay out of my pension. But I now live in the Philippines (!), and the few hospitals that say they do that here are taking forever to answer (this does seem to be the norm in the Philippines). My question is if not the Philippines, where in SE Asia should I consider? I've heard Turkey, but 24 hours of air travel is too long and too expensive.

ThailandBound

Re: What About SE Asia?

Postby ThailandBound » Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:56 pm

I’m in Thailand now. Though i had my surgery done in the USA, Thailand might be worth considering given your circumstances.

Here’s a link to Bangkok hospital on the subject:

https://bangkokpattayahospital.com/heal ... plants-en/

Doing a quick google search, it appears the cost of an implant here are about $11,000. I don’t have any reports or reviews from patients here, but it may be worth doing a little research and maybe talking to them. This place is a world class surgical center, as you probably know.
Active, athletic 63 years old. Sexually, still 33 in my mind and spirit. Pills and injections all worked, until they didn’t. Diagnosed with veinous leakage in 2022. Coloplast Titan. 22 CM. No RTE. Peno-scrotal. Implanted 1/4/23. Dr. Clavell.

atul21

Postby atul21 » Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:01 am

If Malleable is what you want, then get it done in India. Few good docs for malleable here. Dr. Raman Tanwar, Dr. Rupin Shah for example.
41 yr old from India, Ed since many years
Coloplast Titan 22 cms one touch pump no rte; implanted by Dr. Billy Cordon in Miami on 02-March-2023. Found Dr. Cordon on reco from Dr. Eid after he fell sick.
Happy to help!
My Journal- click here

Pprico

Postby Pprico » Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:42 am

ThailandBound wrote:I’m in Thailand now. Though i had my surgery done in the USA, Thailand might be worth considering given your circumstances.

Doing a quick google search, it appears the cost of an implant here are about $11,000. I don’t have any reports or reviews from patients here, but it may be worth doing a little research and maybe talking to them. This place is a world class surgical center, as you probably know.

I suggest you to go to middle egypt doctor Osama ghattas or doctor osama shaheer

subhash

Postby subhash » Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:34 am

ThailandBound wrote:I’m in Thailand now. Though i had my surgery done in the USA, Thailand might be worth considering given your circumstances.

i was in BKK recently and had a problem with my pump. I went to the AMS office at Chong Nonsi for assistance . they had no idea about the mechanical aspect and refereed me to Dr Somboon at bangkok hospital. Since I was not sure abt this dr and could not find anything on the internet, I chose not to go. has anyone had any experiences with Bangkokpattaya hospital?
Implanted AMS 700 LGX 15 + 4 RTE penoscrotal incision, 65 cc reservoir ;

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:28 am

I_Am_Tired wrote:I have had my AMS 700 pump break twice on me, each one lasting about 18 months. At this point I am thinking about going with a a malleable, as I'm retired now without insurance and will have to pay out of my pension. But I now live in the Philippines (!), and the few hospitals that say they do that here are taking forever to answer (this does seem to be the norm in the Philippines). My question is if not the Philippines, where in SE Asia should I consider? I've heard Turkey, but 24 hours of air travel is too long and too expensive.

you found hospitals in the philippines that do malleable implants!? which ones? im from usa and retired here as well .i couldnt find any listings for implants . did any quote a price for a malleable ? that would make it much easier to have it done here .
if....you can trust their skill .
in egpyt the malleable can be done for 2500 $ US . pretty good price and a round trip can be has for around $500 depending on when you fly . then if your on a tourist visa in the philippines over 6 months you need a exist clearance visa . [thanks for voting in the son of a murdering thief -marcos]

Return to “Implants”