Bionic for the New Year

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
gregorbehr

Bionic for the New Year

Postby gregorbehr » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:59 am

Got my implant done this morning (12/26). It's been a seriously rough and painful 14 hours of ownership!
Staying overnight in the hospital... So far 3 IV bags of antibiotics, and a shot of Demerol every 2 hours.
Never saw the doc post-op, so not sure which model or size I have. I'll find out in the morning when he comes to remove the catheter.
Pics and more info tomorrow.

-Greg

***Dec 27th UPDATE***
Home!!! It was a really rough night of pain and swelling and thankfully lots of Oxycontin and Demerol to go with it.
Spoke with the doc this morning, he admitted it was one of the trickier implants he's done because of all the scar tissue, lots of scraping and dilating just to get the left tube into the shaft… I ended up with an AMS MS, not sure of the length, but I wasn’t all that endowed to begin with, so I’ll take what I can get! I do know that by the time he was ready to place the saline bulb, I was too swollen up for him to go through the scrotum, so he had to cut me open and go through the crotch to place it. And now that is super sore as well!
Unfortunately I’ve got a fairly consistent amount of blood dripping from my scrotum, so waiting on a call back from the doc, to see if he wants me to come to his office to put in another stitch or two.
Urinating with a semi boner is proving to be interesting and not in a good way! I’ve decided to just pee into the shower, but my urethra is still mighty tender from the catheter, so that is turning into a screaming match with myself. And not even figured out how to go sit on the toilet yet!!!
I am sure though that as the pain and swelling and bleeding all ease up, I’ll be in a much better mood about the whole thing.

So here are pics...
Attachments
g10photo.jpg
Painfully erect with post TURP scar tissue build up.
g10photo.jpg (35.88 KiB) Viewed 3819 times
g11photo.png
Erect before scar tissue
g11photo.png (237.03 KiB) Viewed 3819 times
g13photo.jpg
Flacid
g13photo.jpg (50.58 KiB) Viewed 3814 times
Last edited by gregorbehr on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
51, San Francisco
Diabetic: used pills & injections.
2 TURP surgeries caused Peyronie's. 1st implant lost to infection, 2nd one is about 5 years old. But "floppy head" due to all the scar tissue, couldn't get tips all the way up.

jeremc

Re: Bionic for the New Year

Postby jeremc » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:34 am

Greg:
Hang in there my friend!
I get mine in 4 hours. It's 3:30 in the morning and I can't sleep.
Remember, the healing period takes time. We can't rush this.
In a short time, we will be two of the happiest guys around!!!
Best of Luck to you,
Jere
Page 7, 1st LGX 18+3 on 12/27/2012. 2nd LGX 18+6 on 12/11/2014, 3ed CX 24+3 on 5/29/19. bionicjere on Skype

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:08 am

Congrats Greg.. Glad to hear that you finely got your implant. It has been a long road to get there. Yep remember healing does take time. My best to you.

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

Frank Talk Admin
Site Admin

Postby Frank Talk Admin » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:18 am

Greg,
You have waited a LONG time for this! Congrats. Give yourself time, take it easy. You'll be loving it in no time!
Paul

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:00 pm

Greg,

How often do the nurses check the drain on your catheter? They found that mine wasn't drain quite right, something about too much rise before droping to the collection bag. I found that whenever it started to backup it was quite painful. Pain left when catheter did. Have had the infernal things twice before but no drainage problems.

Hope you heal fast and painlessly. You will have a grand New Year when the healing gets far enough along. I am just 7 weeks post implant and having a great time and so is my wife. More healing to do here so what is excellent is getting better everyday. Bags and bags of antibiotice, that sounds familiar. Then 1 week of cipro, a week off, and then two more weeks.

My surgeon didn't see me after surgery either, he was running late. My 1.5 hours had become 2.5 hours due to some old scar tissue and I got two incissions instead of one. An alternate reservoir placement was needed.

Dave
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:00 pm

Greg,
Congrats and welcome to the club ... just in time for a Valentine's Day test ride!
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

gregorbehr

Postby gregorbehr » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:19 pm

And for some post-op pics...
Attachments
g5photo.jpg
g5photo.jpg (49.81 KiB) Viewed 3817 times
g6photo.jpg
g6photo.jpg (80.42 KiB) Viewed 3813 times
g3photo.jpg
g3photo.jpg (62.1 KiB) Viewed 3825 times
51, San Francisco
2 TURP surgeries caused Peyronie's. 1st implant lost to infection, 2nd one is about 5 years old. But "floppy head" due to all the scar tissue, couldn't get tips all the way up.

bob1138

Postby bob1138 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:36 pm

Congratulations Greg.
Wishing you a lifetime of pleasure wuth your new Implant.
I was implanted with the Coloplast Titan on December 13, 2007 and my wife and I both love it.
We have enjoyed my Implant to the fullest for the past 5 years.
Just a few Post-Op suggestions:
1- Be patient -- don't rush into anything without your URO's OK.
2- Strictly follow your URO's instructions during the healing process.
3- Don't hesitate to contact your URO with any questions.

Best of luck,

Bob

jeremc

Postby jeremc » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:43 am

Greg your AMS 700 MS (Momentary Squeeze) refers to the pump only. You will have to ask your DR what model cylinders you have.
I saw that at first and was pissed since we all agreed that I was getting the LGX, which I did. Along with the MS pump.
I left a message with my Dr the night after surgery about not getting the LGX (thinging the same as you, MS) and he spoke with the rep and all was confirmed that I got the LGX.
I also spoke with Elizabeth, the AMS Sr. Patient Liaison, and she confirmed what I'm telling you. She said the MS pump goes with the LGX, CX and a few other implants.
Good luck with your recovery, your two days ahead of me!
Jere
PS: Nice tats!
Page 7, 1st LGX 18+3 on 12/27/2012. 2nd LGX 18+6 on 12/11/2014, 3ed CX 24+3 on 5/29/19. bionicjere on Skype

gregorbehr

Postby gregorbehr » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:40 pm

[quote="jeremc"Good luck with your recovery, your two days ahead of me!

PS: Nice tats![/quote]

I'm actually only one day a head of you... 26th for me, 27th for you. So we're implant brothers in this one.
And thanks, the doc promised he cut around the tats to place the saline bladder, but until I get the bandages off, I won't know for sure.

My doc said he placed the LGX, but when I got the MS package from the nurse, I was really confused. I'll ask him again when I see him on the 9th.
Right now I'm more overwhelmed by the non-stop pain and swelling :(
51, San Francisco

Return to “Implants”