Answers, Advice, Suggestions?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
k59105

Answers, Advice, Suggestions?

Postby k59105 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:19 pm

Hi and Merry Christmas,

I want to start off first by thanking all of the men who have posted their experiences and stories on this forum. I have been using this forum along with a lot of other research wherever I could find it to base my decision to go with an AMS-700 implant.

A little about myself:
57, Cardiac By-Pass 10 years ago, ED slowly developing over the past 15 years.

Today 4 weeks to the day, post implant. The first 2 weeks were miserable, on my butt for most of the time sitting on bags of ice to control the swelling and help with the soreness.

At the 3 week point I was able to get around a lot better.
Today at 4 weeks my wife and I tried to do something with the half erection I have been dealing with since the operation. Things felt a little strange and numb, but determined to give it a try just to see if there will be some sort of release. (Item of note my Libido and sex drive has been through the roof since the end of the first week...)

After a while I told my wife that I better not push it as the Dr. has told me to wait for the follow up visit before pumping for the first time. I see him in 2 weeks.
She is very understanding and after pleasing her several times by other means the subject was not brought up again.

Questions:
Will enough sensation return to achieve orgasm and ejaculation?
Is it true that once the pump is at its max that it is a viable erection that lasts as long as the Dr. and the rest of the men on this forum indicate?
Is it a "trustable" erection?

I appreciate all responsible answers if anyone cares to offer up any responses.
Thank you,
Merry Christmas

radiodec

Re: Answers, Advice, Suggestions?

Postby radiodec » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:52 pm

Can't answer for how your body will respond.

Personal experience results: Plenty of sensitivity returned; orgasm is super. Erection lasts until I let it down, hours if I can take it. Is it trustworthy; definitely. If you pump it up it wills and be of usable stiffness.

If you heal properly you have a great new 'tool." Use it wisely and in good health.

Dave
One day short of 7 weeks post implant. Be advised I am a rapid healer.
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:53 pm

Can't answer for how your body will respond.

Personal experience results: Plenty of sensitivity returned; orgasm is super. Erection lasts until I let it down, hours if I can take it. Is it trustworthy; definitely. If you pump it up it wills and be of usable stiffness.

If you heal properly you have a great new 'tool." Use it wisely and in good health.

Dave
One day short of 7 weeks post implant. Be advised I am a rapid healer.
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

bob1138

Postby bob1138 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:36 am

I can't comment on the AMS 700 Implant.
However, my personal experience with the Coloplast Titan Implant has been extremely positive.
I was implanted with the Titan in December 2007 after developing ED Post-Prostatectomy in 2004.
The Titan completely corrected my ED and restored my sex life and the emotional intimacy with my wife.
Hope this is helpful.
Wishing you all the best with your new Implant.

Bob

rschweiger

Postby rschweiger » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:56 am

Hi,
I am just under 5 mo. Post implant w/ams....lgx I was like you and miserable for the few few week but it gets better, I. Was numb from half sack and half way up penis(mainly bottom side)a lot of sensation has returned since,as for usable??I would say yes.....very rigid and as for length,I'm approx where I was before surgery(my last known erection,not where I stood 20yrs ago.) And for trustable well I guess I can trust it as much as it can trust me.......lol as w/anything mechanical it will fail one day......like the rest of our pieces will but focus on the good between here and there and hope it won't be for a long time...........
Best wishes and many years of pleasure ahead of you.
Rich
Ps. I can ejaculate and orgasm fine.

fdelros

Postby fdelros » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:56 am

Hello everyone,

Hope everyone had a great time during the Christmas holiday. I posted some questions or concerns earlier in trying to get help making a decision for an implant. After thinking it over and over and consulting with my wife I think I am going to do it. I contacted the office of doctor EID and they were very helpful with the information, however they are not part of United Healthcare network who is my insurance company. My question to the community is: have any of the brothers who has done it has used United Healthcare as provider?

I contacted United and they told me that even though doctor EID is out of their network they still will pay for the procedure, however if I do it with him I would end up spending more out of pocket. But if I can get an in-network surgeon and hospital my out of pocket expenses would be significantly less. Could anyone please advice? Thanks in advance!

Felix

PS my email address is active, please feel free to email me with any suggestion. Thanks again!

rlm1818

Postby rlm1818 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:20 am

I had my surgery by Dr Eid, and IMHO he is a great doctor and I've had great results. I personally believe that if you're going to do this, you should find a great implant doctor. Not everyone in this forum agrees, and some have used docs with very limited experience. In some cases the results have been great, but in others, not so good. I believe there are a number of other great doctors besides Dr Eid. There are several threads in this forum with doctor recommendations, if you search around a little. Here is one: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1653

I believe Culley Carson of Chapel Hill NC is considered one of the top implant docs, though I have no personal experience with him. If you search the implant forum for "Carson" you will find a number of references. Don't know what health care insurers he's part of, though. If you also search for "carolina" you will find some references to other docs more local to you. You can also search for "united", or in the advanced search area "united healthcare" and find others who have that insurer.

I would have stayed local rather than travel 1000 miles to Dr Eid if I had had a local doc that I believed was a world class implant surgeon. But, the travel was not a big deal, and IMHO was worth it to get to a great surgeon.
22cm Coloplast Titan OTR implanted Feb 2012 by Dr Francois Eid in NYC.
Initial implant experience here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1308

fdelros

Postby fdelros » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:16 pm

Thanks RLM,

I would like asking the community if anyone recently had surgery with doctor Richard Natale of Concord, NC. He is local and in network, I called the office and got me an appointment for Jan 8th. I would like to inquire more about him and his record from the bionic community because there is not much info from him out there. Any word of advice?

Felix

rlm1818

Postby rlm1818 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:09 pm

Natale is mentioned in this thread. You could try PM'ing daverx.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1538
22cm Coloplast Titan OTR implanted Feb 2012 by Dr Francois Eid in NYC.
Initial implant experience here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1308

k59105

Postby k59105 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:02 pm

Thanks for everyones replies. I am going to ease up on pressuring myself for a while. I have a follow up Drs. visit on the 7th. to receive instructions on how to operate my pump.
The ironic but welcome Libido spike is an interesting side effect. I'm thinking it is a result of a confidence in the equipment.
Thanks to all again!

Return to “Implants”