Back with sad news (sudden pump failure) questions about replacement surgery

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
jackhammerdreamz

Re: Back with sad news (sudden pump failure) questions about replacement surgery

Postby jackhammerdreamz » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:20 am

Ronn1708 wrote:Jackhammerdreamz

No rough sex ever. In fact only use it probably once or twice a week for sex with the wife. I did cycle it every day but after the first month I usually just pumped to like 80-90 percent. Kept the pump active.
I’ve had a lot of failures. The longest an implant has lasted is 3 yrs 10 months.

Call me “lucky”.

That's so wild, how many revisions have you had? Does your surgeon have any explanation as to why you've had so many premature failures???
Have they always installed the same device version/brand?
When are you getting your next one? Do you think you'd ever go with a malleable one over another inflatable?

Hope you're doing well, later lucky! :P

-----
Day 8 update

My progress is slow and steady, day 8 (technically Jan10th) of recovery.
I've noticed my shaft has been in more significant pain the last couple days.
Manageable but it keeps me awake or I wake up every few hours, getting a semi-chub was quite painful the last two nights. Tonight seems to be better. I don't control my semi's my body just provides them at inopportune times it seems lol. Right when I don't need one.
-
I've been feeling for the deflate button on the top of the pump.
Kind of annoyed they put it in a more hidden place below my nuts, my first pump was more toward the front and was easier to access. I'll keep gently pulling it down as I did last time. hopefully it'll settle down nicely.
I can't quite find the button confidently yet... I have squeezed the pump a little bit, felt the cylinders receive a small amount of saline and I squeeze where I think the button is and I can tell the saline exited (with some squeezing, but I'm still being ginger) practice makes perfect.
39yr old
Revision installed 1/2/2024
Coloplast w/ Genesis pump
PenoScrotal 20cm + 3cm RTE(right) & 2cm RTE(left)
-
Initial install: 2/6/2018
Coloplast Titan Touch
PenoScrotal 20cm + 1.5RTE
Failure: 9/2/2023
-
Dr. Bodie U of MN
ED for 20+ years

jackhammerdreamz

Re: Back with sad news (sudden pump failure) questions about replacement surgery

Postby jackhammerdreamz » Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:42 pm

Day 9

I'm still having a terrible time getting to sleep.
Slept from 9am to noon today.
Tired as hell so hopefully tonight's rest is solid.

I got a reply from my surgeon and the confusion around why they listed my implant as a genesis.
The Genesis is the original name for the Coloplast Titan's pump versus the Touch

SO that explains why my pump feels different than the original implant I had IT'S A DIFFERENT MODEL :lol:

I think during our consult 5 months ago, we talked about going with the original design as he noted it's had better durability numbers/less failures.
The deflation mechanism is also easier to grip now that I know what to feel for.
For anyone wondering how I could not know what version we agreed upon, the appt was at 7am so I was half asleep I'm a terrible morning person(even when I do sleep)
Good thing I trust him lol.

For reference, this is the version I have now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM4hvzjcV7U
You pinch the two flat bars together.
Versus trying to find the single button on one side of the Touch
It'll take some new muscle memory but it's easy enough to engage, since I was accidentally engaging it when trying to squeeze a non-existent button.

Other than the poor sleep and the burning in the shaft when I get semi-erect, things are going just dandy!
39yr old
-
Coloplast Titan Touch
-
Dr. Bodie U of MN
ED for 20+ years

Ronn1708

Postby Ronn1708 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:57 pm

Hope you get some rest tonight.
Im tentatively set for surgery Feb 27 after my doctors visit Tuesday. I’m hoping it will happen sooner but waiting on insurance approval and then maybe someone will cancel and I can get their slot.

May I ask if you felt depressed when your implant was out of service? Depression happens to me every time I have a failure of the implant. I’m not a depressed person normally and don’t take any kind of meds.
Revision 2/13/24 Dr Tariq Hakky, Atlanta (Great Doctor) Titan 24XL no Rte’s. I’m 62 married. I have had numerous revisions due to product and body failures. Always had a Titan ipp.

jackhammerdreamz

Postby jackhammerdreamz » Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:35 am

Ronn1708 wrote:Hope you get some rest tonight.
Im tentatively set for surgery Feb 27 after my doctors visit Tuesday. I’m hoping it will happen sooner but waiting on insurance approval and then maybe someone will cancel and I can get their slot.

May I ask if you felt depressed when your implant was out of service? Depression happens to me every time I have a failure of the implant. I’m not a depressed person normally and don’t take any kind of meds.

Thanks I did get a great sleep last night and I'm about to doze off for the night!

I did reflect on if I was depressed lately, I think I did get quite depressed the 4 months between failure and surgery.
Not a complete depression, but some withdrawal from socializing and an increase in drinking by myself.
It makes sense because we are impacted when a piece of us fails. It makes us feel incomplete.
When it initially happened it wasn't a huge heartbreak, but it was sad. I knew it was inevitable, they're not expected to last forever.
I just thought I'd have more time.
While accepting my fate and handling it well, I do think it impacted me in certain ways.
More withdrawn from friends and that kind of stuff.

With my replacement healing nicely I'm starting to feel back to my normal self though :)

On that note, other than good sleep last night I also decided to brave my first masturbation session since surgery.
That was a relief no pun intended LOL
I didn't have it pumped so it was a mostly flaccid orgasm but it was a necessary release (I'm a 2-3 a day kinda guy)

ALSO, I did decide last night was the night I would inflate it fully or at least until it couldn't pump any further.
It hurt (of course) but it was a good length. It leans to the right, but I know that will improve over time as I cycle.
I definitely gained length over my last implant. I'll wait til I'm fully healed to check measurements more closely.

Goodnight bionic brethren!
39yr old
-
Coloplast Titan Touch
-
Dr. Bodie U of MN
ED for 20+ years

jackhammerdreamz

Postby jackhammerdreamz » Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:23 am

Day 12 - January 13th

Slept well, I'm weaning off the OTC sleep aid I use sometimes.

Pain still in the shaft but I am cycling twice a day to just get things going.

2 weeks is when the doctor typically will assist with a first pump, but if you followed my first implant in 2018, the doctor was not mad or concerned about me pumping a few days before my follow up.
Typically they have new implant recipients wait til their follow-up so they can help show them how to do it.
Plus depending on healing, the scrotum can be sore or swollen which makes pumping/deflating difficult or painful.
-
PLUS if you DO pump and you can't deflate that could lead to quite a bit of panic! So if you're reading this and you're considering an implant, DO go with your best judgement and DO listen to your body and DO listen to your doctor.
*None of this is meant to be medical advice*

I am just cataloging my experience for people to follow along and also just for my records lol
---

But yes, yesterday I cycled to a full inflation which is the second time I have done that.
It hurt for sure but in that aching healing way. Not in like a something is wrong way.
Was able to use a Fleshlight and climax in the afternoon and partially inflated for a manual climax later in the day.
Still being gentle and ginger with the area.
----

Posting a very cropped photo of my incision... sorry for the graphic nature and no warning lol

scrote.jpg
scrote.jpg (128.34 KiB) Viewed 163 times

---

Healing very nicely though, I spray HOCL on it any time I'm done masturbating or if I just want to disinfect the area

---
Will update if there are any more exciting things.
Otherwise I'll update after my follow-up on Thurday January 18th.
39yr old
-
Coloplast Titan Touch
-
Dr. Bodie U of MN
ED for 20+ years

jackhammerdreamz

Postby jackhammerdreamz » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:50 am

Day 15 update

Had my post-op appointment today.

Dr. Bodie was cool as always.

No signs of infection or any other concerns.

I've noticed even when I deflate entirely, it feels like some fluid re-enters the cylinder, or maybe I just don't get it all the way deflated.
I'll just have to keep practicing. Although I've had an implant before, this one is slight different so there's still some adjusting for me to do to get used to it.

He said he's had some Titan touch deflate buttons fail or get sticky, which is why he's preferred the older version Titan with the genesis pump. (Screenshot of the demo below)

We also talked about the Boston Scientific AMS 700 LGX, he brought out a demo of THAT and I had no idea how big the pump was! The deflate part above the bulb is massive!
Maybe my next revision I'll go with that one, but that giant pump would definitely take getting used to.

I still get some pain around the incision, it's well healed but the inside portion is still healing. It does take a while for all of that to settle in and nothing feels wrong or bad.
Day at a time as they say.

I'll probably stop updating so often but will try to check in from time to time.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 11.40.51 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 11.40.51 PM.png (703.7 KiB) Viewed 115 times
39yr old
-
Coloplast Titan Touch
-
Dr. Bodie U of MN
ED for 20+ years

Return to “Implants”