Help with Doctor decision: Van Renterghem vs Isahn Karaman

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Discovernew

Help with Doctor decision: Van Renterghem vs Isahn Karaman

Postby Discovernew » Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:25 am

Hi everyone,
i've been researching doctors for an implant, talked to several doctors (or secretaries) and did my research in several countries. I am trying to make my final decision.

At the moment i am deciding on these two doctors: Van Renterghem and Isahn Karaman. I am leaning towards Van Renterghem, except that i cannot find anyone in the forum who has had surgery with him to verify his claims.

Does anyone know any patient of Dr Van Renterghem?

Here is my reasoning behind the logic and why it comes down to these 2 doctors:

Van Renterghem:

Pros:

- He claimed he can fix my slightly curved penis with a simple "agressive dilation" during the penile implant. He says this is totally safe and does not require any aditional procedures as he has done it many times. My penis is not so curved that would complicate sex, but i would like it to be straight like it was many years ago.
- He can put the penile pump behind the scrotum. He says he always does it that way. As i am single, i want to keep my implant "stealth" when meeting new women, and being able to have a more concealed appearance would be a plus for me.

Cons:
- He is 3.5x more expensive than the other option (Dr Karaman). So basically i would be paying so much for a potentially straight penis (which is an unverified claim so far), and a hidden pump. As i have only 1 penis in my life, i am leaning towards doing it anyway, but i need to verify the claims. Dr Van Renterhem's price is 21.000 euros (for everyone except Dutch and Belgian people, who pay 8.5k).
- I cannot find any patient of his in the forum, so this is my main issue so far.

Dr Karaman

Pros:

- One of the cheapest options available (6.5k usd).
- He has a good review here in the forum (from Daridima who seems to be very happy with his implant).

Cons
- He said my penis shape will be the same, he even said that doing an "aggressive dilation" is something he wouldn't do as he considers it dangerous.
- He places the pump infront of the testicles.

Similarities:

Both doctors sounded very knowleadgable and kind during the call. They both answered my questions very confidently.
Both have high volume, Karaman has done approximately 200 implants in the last couple years, and Van Renterhem apparently even more (he said he is the highest volume implanter in europe).
Both recommended the same brand. Rigicon infla 10 AX. They both said they had zero malfunctions until now and somehow they convinced me this brand combines the best aspects of ams and titan into one device (the more natural look and feel of the AMS and length extension, but with the rigidity of the titan).

Other Differences:

I have a double inguinal hernia mesh, for this reason Dr Karaman said i need to do an infrapubic incision and place the reservoir in the retzius space (even though he does 90% of penoscrotal incisions, but not in my case).
However, Van Renterghem said he will still do a penoscrotal incision and he will place the reservoir in another area on my right side (apparently some special placement that he only does).
I don't consider this a pro or a con just a difference.

Any opinions are welcome. Especially if anyone knows a patient from Van Renterghem.

Thanks!
Last edited by Discovernew on Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Considering implant after trying everything else under the sun: Pills-Shockwave-Testosterone-PRP-Stem Cells-Botox. Etc.

atul21

Re: Help with Doctor decision: Van Renterghem vs Isahn Karaman

Postby atul21 » Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:42 am

Sorry to add to your confusion. But if you are willing to spend 21000 euros, why don't you consider flying in to the US and get it done from Dr. Clavell/Hakky/Cordon? They are all brilliant and would be similar in cost.
41 yr old from India, Ed since many years
Coloplast Titan 22 cms one touch pump no rte; implanted by Dr. Billy Cordon in Miami on 02-March-2023. Found Dr. Cordon on reco from Dr. Eid after he fell sick.
Happy to help!
My Journal- click here

Youngmen

Postby Youngmen » Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:58 am

I can agree with my previous poster. At the price you can take one of the top surgeons. Is aggressive dilation not bad for your remaining blood flow?
1995, ED since birth due to venous leak. Pills worked but then get
peyronies. 24 cm Coloplast Titan with Dr Osmonov, germany on 2019/21/3

wateriest84

Postby wateriest84 » Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:06 pm

Discovernew wrote:Hi everyone,
i've been researching doctors for an implant, talked to several doctors (or secretaries) and did my research in several countries. I am trying to make my final decision.

At the moment i am deciding on these two doctors: Van Renterghem and Isahn Karaman. I am leaning towards Van Renterghem, except that i cannot find anyone in the forum who has had surgery with him to verify his claims.

Does anyone know any patient of Dr Van Renterghem?

Here is my reasoning behind the logic and why it comes down to these 2 doctors:

Van Renterghem:

Pros:

- He claimed he can fix my slightly curved penis with a simple "agressive dilation" during the penile implant. He says this is totally safe and does not require any aditional procedures as he has done it many times. My penis is not so curved that would affect sex, but i would like it to be straight like it was many years ago.
- He can put the penile pump behind the scrotum. He says he always does it that way. As i am single, i want to keep my implant "stealth" when meeting new women, and being able to have a more concealed appearance would be a plus for me.

Cons:
- He is 3.5x more expensive than the other option (Dr Karaman). So basically i would be paying so much for a potentially straight penis (which is an unverified claim so far), and a hidden pump. As i have only 1 penis in my life, i am leaning towards doing it anyway, but i need to verify the claims. Dr Van Renterhem's price is 21.000 euros (for everyone except Dutch and Belgian people, who pay 8.5k).
- I cannot find any patient of his in the forum, so this is my main issue so far.

Dr Karaman

Pros:

- One of the cheapest options available (6.5k usd).
- He has a good review here in the forum (from Daridima who seems to be very happy with his implant).

Cons
- He said my penis shape will be the same, he even said that doing an "aggressive dilation" is something he wouldn't do as he considers it dangerous.
- He places the pump infront of the testicles.

Similarities:

Both doctors sounded very knowleadgable and kind during the call. They both answered my questions very confidently.
Both have high volume, Karaman has done approximately 200 implants in the last couple years, and Van Renterhem apparently even more (he said he is the highest volume implanter in europe).
Both recommended the same brand. Rigicon infla 10 AX. They both said they had zero malfunctions until now and somehow they convinced me this brand combines the best aspects of ams and titan into 1.

Other Differences:

I have a double inguinal hernia mesh, for this reason Dr Karaman said i need to do an infrapubic incision and place the reservoir in the retzius space (even though he does 90% of penoscrotal incisions, but not in my case).
However, Van Renterghem said he will still do a penoscrotal incision and he will place the reservoir in another area on my right side (apparently some special placement that he only does).
I don't consider this a pro or a con just a difference.

Any opinions are welcome. Especially if anyone knows a patient from Van Renterghem.

Thanks!

Glad to know you are doing a thorough research mate. I was implanted by Karaman on August 15th and experienced an early activation just one week after the surgery. My progress has been consistently positive, with noticeable improvement each day. I'm highly content with both the care I received before and after the operation, as well as the surgical process itself.

The wound is healing up nicely and achieve excellent rigidity while cycling. The pump has been positioned discreetly behind the testicles, rendering it completely invisible. Karaman's expertise as a surgeon is evident, and I wholeheartedly endorse his skills. If you're interested, you can find more details about my experience in my journal.

https://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22696&p=212948&hilit=karaman#p212948

All the best

Discovernew

Postby Discovernew » Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:11 am

wateriest84 wrote:
Glad to know you are doing a thorough research mate. I was implanted by Karaman on August 15th and experienced an early activation just one week after the surgery. My progress has been consistently positive, with noticeable improvement each day. I'm highly content with both the care I received before and after the operation, as well as the surgical process itself.

The wound is healing up nicely and achieve excellent rigidity while cycling. The pump has been positioned discreetly behind the testicles, rendering it completely invisible. Karaman's expertise as a surgeon is evident, and I wholeheartedly endorse his skills. If you're interested, you can find more details about my experience in my journal.

https://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22696&p=212948&hilit=karaman#p212948

All the best

Wow, that's amazing!

Can i contact you in private?

Was your incision penoscrotal or infrapubic?
Considering implant after trying everything else under the sun: Pills-Shockwave-Testosterone-PRP-Stem Cells-Botox. Etc.

ThailandBound

Postby ThailandBound » Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:32 am

That pump placement in front of the scrotum would be a deal-breaker for me.

Mine is discretely placed behind my testicles, resting low and aft in my scrotum just forward of the perinium. I like nude beaches and the thought of that lego-block protruding does not sound appealing at all.

Agree with the above. Go with the guy who can (allegedly) fix your curve and properly place the pump. Or, pay the same money and come to the states for a top surgeon.
Active, athletic 63 years old. Sexually, still 33 in my mind and spirit. Pills and injections all worked, until they didn’t. Diagnosed with veinous leakage in 2022. Coloplast Titan. 22 CM. No RTE. Peno-scrotal. Implanted 1/4/23. Dr. Clavell.

FinallyBionic

Postby FinallyBionic » Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:16 am

Dr. Van Renterghem's statement about straightening the curvature doesn't make sense to me. Implants are made to treat Pyronie's, alongside ED and PE. A lot of guys here had their implants because of PD, mostly very severe. Most of them got Titan, which is well-known for its high rigidity. So, no additional technique or expertise is required to address the curvature issue other than putting in the implant.
I also agree with Atul and Youngmen on going to Hakky or Clavell if you are willing to pay that amount. You will save about $3k that you can use for higher ticket price and a relatively extended stay. Otherwise, Dr. Karaman will be a good option.
Finally Bionic
1969. RP Oct. 2017. Pills and Trimix didn't work. Inguinal hernia repair on both sides. AMS CX 21 cm+1 RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at Kaiser, VA, Jan. 2021. FT member since July 2020 as AST2123. See my previous 457 posts.

Discovernew

Postby Discovernew » Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:08 am

Youngmen wrote:I can agree with my previous poster. At the price you can take one of the top surgeons. Is aggressive dilation not bad for your remaining blood flow?

I actually have the same concern, so i would like to speak with some patient who has gone through the same process. But couldn't find any so far.
I asked the doctor and he said there will be no problem of course, but i'd like to hear the story from the side of a patient.

wateriest84

Postby wateriest84 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:52 pm

Discovernew wrote:
wateriest84 wrote:

All the best

Wow, that's amazing!

Can i contact you in private?

Was your incision penoscrotal or infrapubic?

It was penoscrotal.

Yes, please feel free to send me a direct message. Will be happy to help

Discovernew

Postby Discovernew » Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:16 am

atul21 wrote:Sorry to add to your confusion. But if you are willing to spend 21000 euros, why don't you consider flying in to the US and get it done from Dr. Clavell/Hakky/Cordon? They are all brilliant and would be similar in cost.

I was definetely considering Clavell (based on all the positive reviews), but last time i checked, he didn't have time for an online consultation for the next month. Given that it is already more than 1 month ago, i will definetely give him a followup (in fact i just sent an email to his secretary).

Somehow both Van Renterghem and Karaman convinced me to go with Rigicon, and as far i know this brand is still not approved in the USA (i might be wrong). But i will definetely do another attempt with Clavell.

thank you!

Return to “Implants”