Failed ams700 by myself and doctor

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
jmack858

Re: Failed ams700 by myself and doctor

Postby jmack858 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:40 am

I don’t know if things have changed, when I got my implant in 2018, there were company representatives assigned to the area. I got a titan but I’ve seen post on here were people has contacted their AMS representative for help or advice
60 years old , Mild ED since mid 30's tried all the pills, trimix, Implanted with Titan Touch 22cm + 3cm rte 11/13/18 by Dr Rayford
Memphis

Glycem

Postby Glycem » Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:56 pm

jmack858 wrote:I don’t know if things have changed, when I got my implant in 2018, there were company representatives assigned to the area. I got a titan but I’ve seen post on here were people has contacted their AMS representative for help or advice

I have exhausted my ams reps help.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:59 pm

Glycem wrote:
jmack858 wrote:I don’t know if things have changed, when I got my implant in 2018, there were company representatives assigned to the area. I got a titan but I’ve seen post on here were people has contacted their AMS representative for help or advice

I don't doubt that. The very last thing that they'll say or do is to interfere between a patient & his dr.
It'll benefit you to be your own advocate. Turn over every rock in Kentucky looking. When I searched FT with the word Kentucky. I found that there are several good/decent drs in your state.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Glycem

Postby Glycem » Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:37 pm

Gt1956 wrote:
Glycem wrote:

I don't doubt that. The very last thing that they'll say or do is to interfere between a patient & his dr.
It'll benefit you to be your own advocate. Turn over every rock in Kentucky looking. When I searched FT with the word Kentucky. I found that there are several good/decent drs in your state.

Yes and there all out of ky. My insurance is only good in ky unfortunately.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:07 am

Glycem wrote:
Gt1956 wrote:
Glycem wrote:I have exhausted my ams reps help.

Yes and there all out of ky. My insurance is only good in ky unfortunately.

As I posted my insurance had a clause that if none of the doctors in my limited coverage area in my state could provide the service I needed I could go to a doctor outside my covered area. This was the case with my repair and even tough the doctor that did my repair was in my state he was outside my covered area. Insurance did permit me to see this doctor or an office call for another opinion. And they covered the office call. I tried to get sent to one of the big name doctors out of state and was spinning my wheels and had no luck. Call your insurance company and explain to them that the covered doctors cannot help you and ask to be sent to a doctor out of your coverage area. Most likely you will be sent to an instate doctor as insurance is controlled by each state. This is where your instate search for the best doctors will help you. Have those names and ask to be sent to the best doctor in your state but also have as many others as you can to get the best you can.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Glycem

Postby Glycem » Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:34 pm

Have an appointment with surgeon that deals with my issues at UK urology.. I am at the mercy of payment by insurance so this hopefully will be it??

subhash

Postby subhash » Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:56 am

Glycem wrote:

Very sorry to hear all thus. Sometimes we are just plain unlucky!

if you could share the email address of the AMSrepresentative. I have a small question for him/her.

thanks in advance
Implanted AMS 700 LGX 15 + 4 RTE penoscrotal incision, 65 cc reservoir ;

farhananwar

Postby farhananwar » Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:02 am

Glycem wrote:Have an appointment with surgeon that deals with my issues at UK urology.. I am at the mercy of payment by insurance so this hopefully will be it??

were you able to get this sorted? I hope things have gotten better for you

Crazy_Horse

Postby Crazy_Horse » Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:03 am

The question of whether to file a lawsuit is altogether different from whether to take aggressive steps to remediate this problem. There is no reason not to pursue both at the same time, but if you can't concentrate on both, do what you can to take care of your physical problems firstly. It will help your position in any lawsuit you end up filing anyway.

Glycem

Postby Glycem » Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:37 am

So, bit of an update...

Found a wonderful urologist that actually used the words "I will not abandon you!"

In 6-8months approximately I will have either a new ams 700 cx over the lgx I have now or a malleable installed. My choice. Due to neuropathy in hands and Issues I'm having with pump. As it turns out I hadn't even been able to pump it all the way, ever.

When he fully pumped you can clearly see one cylinder protruding outward and drawn halfway down the shaft. I mean if I pump it all the way and tried to use it, the cylinder would rupture the side wall of my shaft.

Anyways, this is where I'm at.

Return to “Implants”