Failed ams700 by myself and doctor

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Glycem

Failed ams700 by myself and doctor

Postby Glycem » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:05 pm

Hi all, I'm new here and nice to meet all of you.

I received an ams700 with mspump 2 months ago. I admit I was not the best patient I had sex at week 4 when Dr said no sex for 8 weeks.

Regardless and as unfortunate and sorry I feel for the surgeon his father passed away like the night of my surgery. For the first 4 weeks my Dr was Mia. No instructions on caring for pump and when ever I had questions and called office I'd be told Dr was out still and they were 0 help.

He did have a temp Dr come in on week 2 and saw me and told me it was alright to start cycling.

My actual surgeon saw me yesterday with the pain I'm having and that I have a small size. He told me I'm herniated on both sides and have major tissue damage and need skin grafting then he said I should have never been cycling and Definitely should not of had sex early so he will not touch me again.

I'm lost the surgeon he referred me to won't take my insurance and now there's nobody willing to help me. I'm lost and don't know what to do

Mark1974

Re: Failed ams700 by myself and doctor

Postby Mark1974 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:25 pm

What is your geographical location?
I was born in 1974. I've had venous leak ED since early 30's, but managed with pde5 inhibitors until mid 40's. I have fairly severe hour-glassing, but no hard plaques. My urologist is worldwide acknowledged expert Dr. Laurence Levine

Glycem

Postby Glycem » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:58 pm

Kentucky, USA

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:05 pm

Glycem wrote:Hi all, I'm new here and nice to meet all of you.

I received an ams700 with mspump 2 months ago. I admit I was not the best patient I had sex at week 4 when Dr said no sex for 8 weeks.

Regardless and as unfortunate and sorry I feel for the surgeon his father passed away like the night of my surgery. For the first 4 weeks my Dr was Mia. No instructions on caring for pump and when ever I had questions and called office I'd be told Dr was out still and they were 0 help.

He did have a temp Dr come in on week 2 and saw me and told me it was alright to start cycling.

My actual surgeon saw me yesterday with the pain I'm having and that I have a small size. He told me I'm herniated on both sides and have major tissue damage and need skin grafting then he said I should have never been cycling and Definitely should not of had sex early so he will not touch me again.

I'm lost the surgeon he referred me to won't take my insurance and now there's nobody willing to help me. I'm lost and don't know what to do

Welcome to the site. One thing I found out is that many doctors do not do repairs or replacement surgery. When I had my repair they did not replace any part of the device. My insurance at the time (BCBS) seemed to hate to pay for the device or surgery. Must have had very low and very slow payments for the surgery to the doctors and they just could not make enough money doing them and had to even keep the number of them they did low to keep insurance companies happy.

What I am saying is he may be deflecting this on you. My local doctors are one and done doctors with my old BCBS insurance and I was told by the business office that the doctors work was so bad that many men had the devices removed later. That is because the doctors did not do repairs to the problems.

Time to get to work on this and go online to your insurance web site and find out what doctors accept your insurance. Then you need to search for the best implant doctor available to you. You may have to travel a bit. You can call the doctors offices and see if they do penile implant repairs. The ones you find that do you can search the web and also put the doctors name in the search function of this forum.

If you are unable to find a doctor that is really good you may want to consider a self pay with one of the well known doctors. There is one in Alanta GA that seems to be pretty good and on the lower end of cost for doctors for this.

Good luck.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

wolfpacker

Postby wolfpacker » Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:15 am

So what is your current status? Can you cycle/inflate your penis?
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

FinallyBionic

Postby FinallyBionic » Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:30 pm

I don't think you have any responsibility with what happened to you. Your doctor took a whole month off immediately after your surgery, and at 2 weeks, he let you see some other doctor, who is chosen by your doctor himself. He told you to start cycling at 2 weeks without making sure that you are ready for it, and you started having sex accordingly. Your doctor should be held 100% accountable for this. You are a victim of neglection. I think you need to at least show them that you an intention to file a lawsuit against them. They will reconsider their previous decision to avoid getting in trouble. Otherwise, you will be in trouble finding a surgeon who can help you. Even the doctors who are famous in doing revisions, like Hakky, may not accept your case. It is not a normal revision based on what you described.
Finally Bionic
1969. RP Oct. 2017. Pills and Trimix didn't work. Inguinal hernia repair on both sides. AMS CX 21 cm+1 RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at Kaiser, VA, Jan. 2021. FT member since July 2020 as AST2123. See my previous 457 posts.

beachbum1

Postby beachbum1 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:06 am

Might check with Dr. Slabaugh in Lexington. He did my first one and, just recently, my replacement.
Had to join again as beachbum1. Was and am beachbum but chat has blocked me from a few members
First implanted AMS 700 CX 18+3, in Sept of 2016. Replacement AMS 700 CX 21+2 in August 2023

Glycem

Postby Glycem » Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:43 am

I've ceased inflating/deflating due to the pain I'm having from the herniation.

I'm tossing around talking to lawyer but not till I atleast speak to a different urologist.

I will reach out to Dr Slabaugh in Lexington in morning. He may take my insurance.

My surgeon stated the other day that I've got the right installed tool but need skin grafting to repair it from my damage to it.

Thank you all

Tmansdorfer

Postby Tmansdorfer » Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:43 am

I feel your frustration, but Good luck finding a lawyer that will take your case. After all my failed implants and infection I called dozens of lawyers and no one would take on the case. They all told me the likely hook of winning a medical malpractice case like this was extremely low.
39 01/24/19 USC Dr Doumanian LGX 15cm 3, lGX 18 +2, revision 6-20 18+3 pump failure, revision 8-20 left cylinder in scrotum, 1-21 removed infection switched to dr Doyle, Boyd 10.05.21 a 15+3 cx,revision 01,23,24 with switch to LGX 15+6 fat pad removal.

GoodWood

Postby GoodWood » Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:17 pm

I’m sorry you are going through this.

It’s not a surprise that lawyers don’t want this case. Your surgeon said no sex for 8 weeks. You had sex at 4 weeks.

The best thing you can do is set aside legal considerations and just pursue the medical solution. Have you called the patient representative for your implant company? They will know what surgeons use their product and May also know who is apt to do repair/replacement.

Wishing you the best as you move forward.
55yo, NYC. ED started at 40. 50 units BiMix + Atropine (Pap 30/Phen 6/Atr 0.2). Prostaglandins caused aching. Doses increasing. A cock ring helps. Phallosan Forte tension devise to maintain size. Eager to talk about implant experiences.

Return to “Implants”