Revision Happening - things discussed?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
peyroniesjr

Revision Happening - things discussed?

Postby peyroniesjr » Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:04 am

Good morning guys,

Definitely my implant is failing, saw my doctor this week.

He said for the number of years that I have had it, (3 1/2 years) it's probably could be the tubing. He said he would replace the pump with a Genesis instead of my OTR which I have now. He said that the Genesis tubing is shorter, less likely to break.

He mentioned leaving in the cylinders if the problem was the pump tubbing. I told him why not replace them since I'm an inch bigger now than when he installed my initial implant. I then suggested maybe 1 RTE added or up size to the next Titan. I also said that i was worried that the implant cylinders could fail in a few years & why open me up again.

The other thing we talked about was when I maxed out cycling my implant that after about 6 months that the pump would dimple. He mentioned it could need more fluid.

He only put enough fluid in so that my reservoir would not show too much in my abdomen, he suggested that he put a larger reservoir in on the other side with more fluid, so that it would be rather flat & not show too much in my abdomen. I'm around 141 pounds & 5' 6". I think he thought that he put in enough fluid for the size of the implant.

I have to get a medical clearance letter to proceed!

Any thoughts!

Junior
Implant Titan 2/21/2020 / 67 yrs / Married 44 yrs /ED / Peyronies 70 degrees - Xiaflex/ Low T / & RALP 4/1/2019 (Nerve Sparing)

Return to “Implants”