Unable to inflate fully AMS LGX @7 weeks

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Captain1117

Unable to inflate fully AMS LGX @7 weeks

Postby Captain1117 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:39 pm

I am having challenges inflating the implant fully.
After deflating fully I am able to inflate 4/5 pumps and after that the pump becomes almost solid and no more pumps are possible. I have been trying every day to inflate since I met my surgeon on 3rd..its always partial inflation.

In confusion and anxiety.Emailed my surgeon.

Appreciate if experienced members can throw some light.
" The greatest benefit of an implant is that a man stops thinking about ED."-Dr.Eid

48, healthy, straight, single.ED after turning 40. AMS LGX implanted by Dr.Yonah Krakowski in June 2023.

LeRoastBeef

Re: Unable to inflate fully AMS LGX @7 weeks

Postby LeRoastBeef » Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:34 am

I had that to begin with too.

The pump will soften over time and you will get more pumps in. I could only get a few, now over 20.

Remember that you will be nowhere near full size when you begin.

I went from 4.5 to over 6 within a few weeks.
Implanted with AMS 700 lgx, 2021.
30's
UK

SWorks17

Postby SWorks17 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:53 am

Captain1117 wrote:I am having challenges inflating the implant fully.
After deflating fully I am able to inflate 4/5 pumps and after that the pump becomes almost solid and no more pumps are possible. I have been trying every day to inflate since I met my surgeon on 3rd..its always partial inflation.

Captain, I'm attaching the AMS instructional video, it has some troubleshooting solutions at the end of the video.

https://youtu.be/qwp0YfSLxIU

Maybe you have a kinked tube, there is instructions for that also.

Hopefully you are able to resolve the issue with the instructions.

I haven't had that problem, I did have the pump sound like it had air in it one time, it might have been bypassing the implant and going right back to the reservoir, It only happened one time.

Good Luck Captain
S-Works
Age 66, Garden Ridge Texas, Progressive ED after Boston Scientific Rezum procedure for benign enlarged prostate 19 May 21, AMS LGX 18 w 3cm rear tips installed 5 Nov 2021 by Dr Shane Barney, Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, Married 35 years

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:06 pm

These devices are made extremely tight and tough to last. At first the pump can be difficult to fully switch. The more you use it the more it will improve. Heat also works wonders with this device. Many doctors restrict men from taking baths for a long time to prevent infection. I do not take baths anyway or do hot tubes so I used a heating pad. like this one. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sunbeam-Heat ... om=/search I put it in my bed plugged in and would turn it on before I went to the restroom to get ready for bed. Then wrap my penis and scrotum with it and turn it down to medium and wait until I start to sweat a bit from my scrotum. Then cycle my device according to doctors instructions. In the morning I turn the pad on and go to the bathroom to pee. When I return I again cycle if I am at 2 a day cycling according to my doctors instructions. This not only helps the device to soften and work better but it also helps your tissue do the same and heat promotes healing. Others have used a sock with rice that is put in the microwave. Or a hot water bottle.

Keep at it as others have posted. Heat is your friend now as ice was your friend right after surgery.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 3:33 pm

I have a CX. At first, 2 maybe 3 pumps. As things have gotten broken in & softened up. I gradually got to 12-15 pumps depending on how deflated I was.
Judge your progress by how far into your recovery you are. It doesn't all happen at once. Patience & steady work is the way to do it.
Some have reported gains at 6 months. A few even report gains a 1 year.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Littleleo

Postby Littleleo » Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:08 pm

I got nervous at the beginning also. 4 pumps was my limit. I inflated 1 to 2 times a day. After a few months I'm doing 20 full pumps and 20 partial pumps.
AMS 700 LGX on July 12, 2022. ED no diagnosed reason since teens with occasional success in 20s. Tried pills and injections.

Captain1117

Postby Captain1117 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:17 pm

SWorks17 wrote:
Captain1117 wrote:I am having challenges inflating the implant fully.

Captain, I'm attaching the AMS instructional video, it has some troubleshooting solutions at the end of the video.

https://youtu.be/qwp0YfSLxIU

Maybe you have a kinked tube, there is instructions for that also.

Hopefully you are able to resolve the issue with the instructions.

I haven't had that problem, I did have the pump sound like it had air in it one time, it might have been bypassing the implant and going right back to the reservoir, It only happened one time.

Good Luck Captain
S-Works

Thank you so much.
" The greatest benefit of an implant is that a man stops thinking about ED."-Dr.Eid

48, healthy, straight, single.ED after turning 40. AMS LGX implanted by Dr.Yonah Krakowski in June 2023.

Captain1117

Postby Captain1117 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:21 pm

Emailed my surgeon last night.He replied early morning and wants to inflate together..now waiting for his assistant to schedule an appointment.

Tried inflating few times with gap in between rounds and today for the first time felt pain(same pain I was feeling for six weeks with semi-inflation after surgery) I am guessing multiple rounds helped to inflate more that my usual attempts.

Thanks to all of you who shared your experience. Heat seems to be key. Will try the method mentioned.

portageriver

Postby portageriver » Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:06 pm

Good God - my post history is full of this complaint. It was the most frustrating part of my whole experience really.

That damn pump finally started to break in and behave reasonably after maybe 4 months. Six months all was great and remains awesome.

Keep working that SOB, it was meant to last so it is durable.
Age 55, Ohio - Implant AMS 700 LGX, 21+ 3 following RAP for prostate cancer (Gleason 6). Implanted June 2021 and loving it!

Lakeshore52

Postby Lakeshore52 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:50 pm

When I began cycling my AMS implant it was very difficult to pump more than 4-5 times. The bulb was terribly rigid and my surgery only 2 weeks old, so it hurt quite a bit.
I'm almost 90 days from the implant surgery date and pump the bulb around 10-12 times. Little discomfort and my size is slowly increasing. I measured 6" years ago and am now at 5 3/8". I use a Joel Kaplan vacuum device and it's helping my length.' I like the prospect of being near my original length.
Best of fortune on your future pumping and hope you achieve your past size.

Return to “Implants”