Ectopic placement of the inflatable implant reservoir

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Fernando

Ectopic placement of the inflatable implant reservoir

Postby Fernando » Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:10 pm

Hello,

I hope you are all well and that you recover quickly from whatever health issues you are experiencing.

I've been a silent member, but I'm always very aware of the implant forum on Frank Talk.
Today while doing a search, I found a video on Youtube about Doctor Nuno Tomada, who is a very well known urologist here in Portugal. In this video, during a conference in the Netherlands, he is talking to one of the world's leading urologists, especially in Peyronie's disease, who is Doctor Paulo Egydio.
In this video they talk about the ectopic placement of the inflatable implant reservoir. That is, the placement of the reservoir outside the place where it is normally placed.
Apparently, a surgical technique was developed to place the reservoir outside the usual location, in situations where patients have any clinical situation, namely hernias, which advise against placing the reservoir in the usual location.

As this has been a topic sometimes addressed in Frank Talk, I decided to make this work known here in the forum.
The video is in Portuguese and with background music, so you can't understand what they're talking about.

However, in the video description is the link to the clinical article which was duly peer-reviewed and published on several sites.
The article is freely accessible and is in English.

Follow the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1z8ams ... icalCenter

I hope it can be useful to someone.

Greetings,

Return to “Implants”