Graft Retraction - any experience?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
aussiePeyronies

Graft Retraction - any experience?

Postby aussiePeyronies » Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:20 am

Did some research and I think the issue with the right side not inflating is due to the graft retracting. I read some studies and it seems to be a common undesirable side effect which causes ED, instability and recurrence of curvature when certain grafts are used. One of the studies stated that extra graft should be used to avoid this.

If anyone has any experience with this, I would really appreciate it.

J
34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

Implant + Tunica Expansion Procedure, 7th Feb 2023, Titan 22cm + 1cm RTE

maxxxxx

Re: Graft Retraction - any experience?

Postby maxxxxx » Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:43 am

I had a lot of grafts during penie implant surgery, 8 years ago. the graft must remain extended otherwise it will certainly retract.. so I had to keep the implant inflated for about a month after the surgery. I'm very happy, I gained 4-5 cm lost for Peyronies and penis straight as a rocket.
Titan 24cm . December 2015

aussiePeyronies

Postby aussiePeyronies » Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:08 am

Thanks, mine was inflated for 4 weeks post surgery. Further, it was fine until about 3 months post surgery, it started to retract, despite the fact u was cycling regularly.

Any idea if there is any way to fix this?

My left side inflated and is round and hard, my right side doesn’t inflate and is soft and oval due to the graft retracting/thickening.

Thanks,
J
34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

maxxxxx

Postby maxxxxx » Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:59 am

are you sure the cylinder on the right inflates well? surely yes, because the implant is still new, but from how you describe it, it seems to be a cylinder rigidity problem...without seeing it is difficult to understand
Titan 24cm . December 2015

aussiePeyronies

Postby aussiePeyronies » Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:26 pm

maxxxxx wrote:are you sure the cylinder on the right inflates well? surely yes, because the implant is still new, but from how you describe it, it seems to be a cylinder rigidity problem...without seeing it is difficult to understand

Thanks for your reply, I will try to post a pic later, it's difficult to show on a pic.

I have had my surgeon check it and he advised that the graft on the right side has thickened, I think retracted is what happens. Picture one side inflating and you can feel the toughness of the cylinder and the other side is just soft, oval and flat, probably how your titan would be after just 10 pumps. When deflated, the right side feels like it hasn't deflated properly, as per the surgeons advice, this is because the graft has thickened.

Hope that makes sense.
J

Return to “Implants”