One Month update: AMS lgx

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Captain1117

One Month update: AMS lgx

Postby Captain1117 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:01 pm

I was thinking of starting this update by stating how time flies..but I decided not to.
The truth is post-implant every day is different..have been counting days till 6 week mark to see my surgeon and inflate/deflate it and hopefully get clearance to use it.

My pain is mostly gone now..except for some sharp occasional sensation on the tips. Taking Tylenol and Aleve as required. Sometimes smoke a joint before bed to ensure good sleep. Sleeping sideways is not a problem anymore. Driving long distances, walking a lot etc brings soreness back.

Have seen the tip places under glans and with occasional engorgement(when glans is stimulated) glans look nice a nd red as before.

The pump is at the lowest part of the scrotum.Have pulled it and can hold the tubing above the deflation button block. Tried pumping but it increases pain.

Hopefully week 5 and 6 will be better.
" The greatest benefit of an implant is that a man stops thinking about ED."-Dr.Eid

48, healthy, straight, single.ED after turning 40. AMS LGX implanted by Dr.Yonah Krakowski in June 2023.

SWorks17

Re: One Month update: AMS lgx

Postby SWorks17 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:33 pm

Captain1117 wrote:I was thinking of starting this update by stating how time flies..but I decided not to.
The truth is post-implant every day is different..have been counting days till 6 week mark to see my surgeon and inflate/deflate it and hopefully get clearance to use it.

My pain is mostly gone now..except for some sharp occasional sensation on the tips. Taking Tylenol and Aleve as required. Sometimes smoke a joint before bed to ensure good sleep. Sleeping sideways is not a problem anymore. Driving long distances, walking a lot etc brings soreness back.

Have seen the tip places under glans and with occasional engorgement(when glans is stimulated) glans look nice a nd red as before.

The pump is at the lowest part of the scrotum.Have pulled it and can hold the tubing above the deflation button block. Tried pumping but it increases pain.

Captain my Captain, you are almost ready for lift off! It won't be long now, for me it was a little awkward the first time having sex, because you're trying to figure everything out and dealing with the pain and numbness also. It wasn't great sex but it was nice to be back in the saddle again. It gets better and better with time.

Hang in there!

S-Works
Age 66, Garden Ridge Texas, Progressive ED after Boston Scientific Rezum procedure for benign enlarged prostate 19 May 21, AMS LGX 18 w 3cm rear tips installed 5 Nov 2021 by Dr Shane Barney, Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, Married 35 years

Captain1117

Postby Captain1117 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:11 pm

SWorks17 wrote:
Captain1117 wrote:I was thinking of starting this update by stating how time flies..but I decided not to.

Captain my Captain, you are almost ready for lift off! It won't be long now, for me it was a little awkward the first time having sex, because you're trying to figure everything out and dealing with the pain and numbness also. It wasn't great sex but it was nice to be back in the saddle again. It gets better and better with time.

Hang in there!

Thank you so much!

S-Works
" The greatest benefit of an implant is that a man stops thinking about ED."-Dr.Eid

48, healthy, straight, single.ED after turning 40. AMS LGX implanted by Dr.Yonah Krakowski in June 2023.

RayChez

Postby RayChez » Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:21 pm

Congratulations on your implant. You will love it and nice to be able to get an erection again is so important to a man. I have had three piece implants now for twenty two years give or take. Ultrex and LGX and I am going to post something here that I have experienced in that time and that the two failures that I had in those twenty plus years, both times it was the pump, nothing else. But what I have discovered in those years that the pump failure has come when I would deflate all the saline out and the valve would get stuck in the open position living the bulb which you use for pumping deflated and would not reset itself. So I found out on myself, not really recommending anybody else to do as I do, but I have found out that if you leave like two pumps of saline in the cylinders all the time, the valve on the pump will never get stuck, and that problem with the pump will go away. Just a tip for who ever wants to use it. For me after two failures on the pump it was a nightmare worrying that it could happen at any time. Now I make sure that I stop the discharge before it completely drains out and at the same time it gives your penis a good feel.
age: 75 First implant around 2001, 59 at the time. AMS 700 Ultrex
revision Dec 2016. 2ND implant 21CM, 1rte AMS 700 LGX MS pump

ThailandBound

Postby ThailandBound » Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:24 pm

RayChez wrote:Congratulations on your implant. You will love it and nice to be able to get an erection again is so important to a man. I have had three piece implants now for twenty two years give or take. Ultrex and LGX and I am going to post something here that I have experienced in that time and that the two failures that I had in those twenty plus years, both times it was the pump, nothing else. But what I have discovered in those years that the pump failure has come when I would deflate all the saline out and the valve would get stuck in the open position living the bulb which you use for pumping deflated and would not reset itself. So I found out on myself, not really recommending anybody else to do as I do, but I have found out that if you leave like two pumps of saline in the cylinders all the time, the valve on the pump will never get stuck, and that problem with the pump will go away. Just a tip for who ever wants to use it. For me after two failures on the pump it was a nightmare worrying that it could happen at any time. Now I make sure that I stop the discharge before it completely drains out and at the same time it gives your penis a good feel.

It would almost be easy to miss, since you so casually mention it, that you have 22 YEARS! of successful bionic life! I say, first, congratulations on your success.

Your overall experience of those years, your story, would make a very interesting independent thread. If you haven’t already.

So noted regarding your deflation technique. Will incorporate that.
Active, athletic 63 years old. Sexually, still 33 in my mind and spirit. Pills and injections all worked, until they didn’t. Diagnosed with veinous leakage in 2022. Coloplast Titan. 22 CM. No RTE. Peno-scrotal. Implanted 1/4/23. Dr. Clavell.

LeRoastBeef

Postby LeRoastBeef » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:29 am

I too am interested in hearing your life expedience over those 22 years.
Implanted with AMS 700 lgx, 2021.
30's
UK

Return to “Implants”