Stitches and follow up

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Terry1094

Stitches and follow up

Postby Terry1094 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:22 am

I am going into NYC today to see Dr Eid. Having my stitches removed, 10 days post surgery. Hoping when I leave he deflates Little Richard. I am really looking forward to having what I haven't had for a while after this, but , wow, having a hald woodie for a week is pretty uncomfortable!
Anyone can tell me what I am in for for the next few weeks while waiting for the go ahead from the good Dr?

Dave92014

Re: Stitches and follow up

Postby Dave92014 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:36 pm

Since you used Dr. Eid, I think you have a Titan. I have an AMS but from what I have read Titans never go down as much as your previous flacid state so your half woody may be closer to the new norm. But as swelling goes down it should relax more and get closer to a complete flacid state.

As far as what the next few weeks will be like, one of the things I have found from reading various posts here is that the rate of healing varies widely. Some guys are ready for sex in as little as 2 weeks, although that is very unusual, and some are not ready until 10 weeks after surgery, which is unusually long. What you get seems to depend a lot on your body and some on your surgeon. The bottom line as far as I can see is that you do what you can do to help recovery and then patiently take what you get. I am still learning patience myself.

As far as helping recovery here are a few ideas:
1. My doc had me buy special Jockey Elegance Poco underwear to provide support of the scrotum and penis. He had me wear two pair for more support, which I did for the first three weeks and wear them 24 hours/day. He also had me point the penis straight up, which when supported by the underwear, took pressure off the penis. If you don't have exactly that underwear you might do something similar with other underwear.

2. Ibuprofen helps the pain and is an anti-inflammatory, which is further helpful.

3. My doc recommended soaking in a tub with epsom salts. I did not do that but have a spa set to 101 degrees and used that once or twice a day. That seemed to help and others have found soaking in a tub helps.

So do what you can to help the process and trust that when you look back on it the recovery time will seem much shorter than when you are looking forward to it.
Implant surgery by Dr. John Greisman 10/31/2012 - Installed AMS CX700

rlm1818

Postby rlm1818 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:37 pm

Terry1094 wrote:
Anyone can tell me what I am in for for the next few weeks while waiting for the go ahead from the good Dr?

No and yes.

No, in that everyone is different.

Yes, in general terms. Baring an infection or other complications everything should get a lot better. You should be "over the hump". If you still have any pain, it should get better and go away. If you still have discomfort (which to me can be different from pain), it should get better and go away. Everything should start to feel natural, like you forget you have an implant.

There's a good chance that at some point you will feel like trying it out. When I met Dr Eid at 6 weeks post op, for instructions on how to use it, his first question was whether I'd had sex with it yet. (No Doc, I thought I wasn't supposed to play with it yet. ;-) ) He then asked if I had experimented enough to know how it worked. (Yes Doc, I was a bad boy. Silvia told me NOT to play with it until I saw you, but I defied her ;-) ). He then had me show him I could do it. He wasn't surprised in any way that I had already tried it out. I even got the feeling he would have been surprised if I hadn't. If you do decide to try it out, 1) make sure you know how to make the deflate button work before you inflate... it can hurt quite a bit when you first pump... you might want to deflate right away 2) resist the temptation to pump it up fully right away to see what it looks like... it will probably hurt a lot if you do... do it slowly, a little bit at a time, and let it rest at each stage and 3) don't be surprised if the first pump seems incredibly hard... I've read of some who thought it was defective because the first pump was so hard.
22cm Coloplast Titan OTR implanted Feb 2012 by Dr Francois Eid in NYC.
Initial implant experience here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1308

rlm1818

Postby rlm1818 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:48 pm

Dave92014 wrote:Since you used Dr. Eid, I think you have a Titan. I have an AMS but from what I have read Titans never go down as much as your previous flacid state so your half woody may be closer to the new norm. But as swelling goes down it should relax more and get closer to a complete flacid state.

I think LGX, CX and Titan owners all tend to be bigger post-op. I don't think most Titan owners have any problem with their flaccid state. A few do, and so do a few AMS owners. I really think the alleged extra stiffness and alleged permanent partial erection of the Titan is mostly myth perpetuated by those that don't have one. I can find as many AMS owners as Titan owners with this complaint, and both counts are very small.

Here's some more discussion:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1992&p=13638#p13638
22cm Coloplast Titan OTR implanted Feb 2012 by Dr Francois Eid in NYC.
Initial implant experience here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1308

bob1138

Postby bob1138 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:39 pm

I was implanted with the Titan on December 13, 2007 after developing ED Post-Prostatectomy in 2004.
The Implant completely corrected my ED and restored my sex life.
My wife and I both love my Implant and have enjoyed it to the fullest for the past 5 years.
Also, my Titan Implant does not interfere with any of my physical activities, e.g., swimming, weight lifting, biking, etc.
When my Titan Implant is in the flaccid state, I can wear a tight-fitting Speedo Racing Suit without feeling at all
self-conscious.
My advice is to be patient during the healing process and follow Dr. Eid's instructions.
Wishing you a lifetime of enjoyment with your new Implant.

Best of Luck,

Bob

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:52 pm

I am the owner of an AMS700LGX. I am definitely larger flacid post implant than pre. I went from about 3 before the implant to 5 after, it is definitely not quite as pliable as it was before. Pre-implant it could be rolled up like a party noise maker. Now it is just flexible; still easily stowable but definitely more to store.

It works now, so it is a large net gain. 6.25 inflated and gaining.

Radiodec
Last edited by radiodec on Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

Terry1094

Postby Terry1094 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:01 pm

Thank you all for the comments.

Saw Dr Eid, he was happy with the way things looked. He pumped it up, (I didnt ask if that was the max) It was pretty close to pre op length of 4 1/2 to 5".
Girth was happily increased. I have to say, it hurt like hell!! I will be the first to admit I am a wuss when it comes to pain in my nether regions, but it friggin' hurt. Dr Eid was not surprised and just said it looks and feels great. He took out the stitches and left a light bandage there. I plan on enjoying a shower in the morning, that tub routine is getting tired.
I'll be going back on Jan 14th for him to show me the ropes so to speak. I'll try to behave till then. My wife is a stickler for details, so even if I did get it up she would turn me down for the first time ever.
I appreciate all the encouraging words, btw I got a Titan Coloplast.
Talk later, I am whooped.

Terry

Dave92014

Postby Dave92014 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:27 am

I am 7 weeks and 2 days after surgery. I also had a lot of pain when my doc pumped me at my 3 post op appointments and even when he showed me how to pump at my 7 week appointment. The left side of my scrotum is still somewhat painful to touch. That may be because my doc had to add some stitches because my opening from the scrotum to the abdomen was exceptionally large. I didn't pump myself until my doc taught me how at my 7 week appointment as I wanted to avoid the pain. But now that I am doing it myself I can slide the pump over to the right side of the scrotum and pump with virtually no pain. There is no pain from the expansion in the penis and sometimes a slight pain from the scrotum where I am compressing it to pump.

Before my 7 week appointment I felt around to identify the parts of the pump. I found it easiest to do that while in my spa as there my testicles float up out of the way and the pump remains very low in the scrotum and easily available. Now I am doing daily test pumps while in the spa and leaving it pumped up for 15 or 20 minutes.
Implant surgery by Dr. John Greisman 10/31/2012 - Installed AMS CX700

MARKOS2018

Postby MARKOS2018 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:13 am

Terry,

Well you are on the way to success. It hurts at first and by all accounts Dr. Eid is outstanding. The main issue is to get over the first weeks and after that you will be pumping away.

I saw Dr. Eid Thursday too and he pumped me up I didn't feel a thing and brought me down in the same fashion. I was amazed since it usually takes me longer to deflate it.

I asked him about the soft glans and the difficulty of reaching orgasm without having to pump away..... He said that I could use the VED to get the glans engorged which could help me with added sensation. After that, one can use a ring to hold the erection--- enhance the feeling and POW!

He congratulated me on my one year anniversary and he told me that I looked great compared to when I went in to see him first.

Good luck to you and hang in there.

Mike
Titan implanted by Dr Eid Due to Peyronies, Implant was the only option for me.

Terry1094

Postby Terry1094 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:41 pm

I'm starting to get used to this. A bit of pain and discomfort, that I take a few Alleve for. Most of the pain is at the base and on the left side of my penis. I think it is the resevoir. I also find that the sensation of needing to urinate is a bit different. Maybe the resevoir is pressing on the bladder a bit. I also don't like having to keep this thing pointing up. If I let it go to my right, it fits in my new briefs/boxers better.
I have my next appointment with Dr Eid on the 14th of January and the wife and I are going to NYC on the 16th for a Broadway play. Seriously thinkning about staying overnight ina hotel and breaking the feller in that night.

Return to “Implants”