Hematoma Recovery Question

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Campfire

Hematoma Recovery Question

Postby Campfire » Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:51 pm

Went to see Doc yesterday and he says I have a hematoma in the scrotum that's why I couldn't locate the deflate valve yesterday.

Have any of you been through this? My question is whether there is anything I can do to speed up getting rid of the hematoma? Are there creams for this kind of thing? Any medicine? Heat or ice? Any other tips for it?

The reason I ask is because I have to travel in one month's time and then I will be gone for a while and can't go to see the Doc., so am just wondering whether there's any chance this lump can be gone in three weeks and if I can speed that along in any way?
48. ED since decades. Pills hardly worked, never tried injections etc. Scheduled for surgery 4/7/2023.

New_Member

Re: Hematoma Recovery Question

Postby New_Member » Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:11 pm

Did your doctor assess its severity level? The fact that he didn’t give you any specific advice tells me that it’s not a large hematoma. Small ones can usually go away on their own after a few weeks just continue to rest and ice it. But your doctor would be the best person to give you specifics on this.
31 years old, sick of taking pills and suffering side effects without guarantee of getting hard
Implanted Titan Touch 22cm with Dr. Clavell 7/5/23.
Pre-Op Stats
BPEL: 6.5"
Girth: 6.1”

Post-Op Stats
BPEL: 7”
Girth: 6.2”

Campfire

Postby Campfire » Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:23 pm

New_Member wrote:Did your doctor assess its severity level? The fact that he didn’t give you any specific advice tells me that it’s not a large hematoma. Small ones can usually go away on their own after a few weeks just continue to rest and ice it. But your doctor would be the best person to give you specifics on this.

Yeah he didn't seem alarmed and said a couple of weeks, but I'm concerned about it not being sorted before my travel date.
48. ED since decades. Pills hardly worked, never tried injections etc. Scheduled for surgery 4/7/2023.

Odecko

Postby Odecko » Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:33 pm

I had a hematoma also. It was nearly gone in 9 days. Completely gone in 14...so two weeks is about it...
53 yrs old...Widowed at age 34 after 10 years; remarried at 41. Diagnosed with PC at 47. Tried Pills, VED, & Injections & all failed. Dec/2021 - Coloplast Titan XL 24 cm + 1 cm RTE penoscrotal. (Hakky)NOW- LIFE IS GOOD!

Campfire

Postby Campfire » Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:36 pm

Odecko wrote:I had a hematoma also. It was nearly gone in 9 days. Completely gone in 14...so two weeks is about it...

In that time did you even try to cycle or did you just leave it outright?

atul21

Postby atul21 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:33 am

Campfire wrote:Went to see Doc yesterday and he says I have a hematoma in the scrotum that's why I couldn't locate the deflate valve yesterday.

Have any of you been through this? My question is whether there is anything I can do to speed up getting rid of the hematoma? Are there creams for this kind of thing? Any medicine? Heat or ice? Any other tips for it?

The reason I ask is because I have to travel in one month's time and then I will be gone for a while and can't go to see the Doc., so am just wondering whether there's any chance this lump can be gone in three weeks and if I can speed that along in any way?

You are way too early in your healing. Need to relax. All of this is normal. Have you been cleared to take hot showers?
After 48 hours of surgery advise is to use a heating pad and not ice. I would advise using heating pad and take a hot shower (if cleared by doc). Give it some time. Also, note that recovery is usually non-linear. You will suddenly wake up one morning and feel much better.
Hang in there. Much better times are only weeks away!
41 yr old from India, Ed since many years
Coloplast Titan 22 cms one touch pump no rte; implanted by Dr. Billy Cordon in Miami on 02-March-2023. Found Dr. Cordon on reco from Dr. Eid after he fell sick.
Happy to help!
My Journal- click here

Campfire

Postby Campfire » Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:39 am

atul21 wrote:
Campfire wrote:Went to see Doc yesterday and he says I have a hematoma in the scrotum that's why I couldn't locate the deflate valve yesterday.

You are way too early in your healing. Need to relax. All of this is normal. Have you been cleared to take hot showers?
After 48 hours of surgery advise is to use a heating pad and not ice. I would advise using heating pad and take a hot shower (if cleared by doc). Give it some time. Also, note that recovery is usually non-linear. You will suddenly wake up one morning and feel much better.
Hang in there. Much better times are only weeks away!

Yes Doc cleared me for baths today. So I think I might start taking those and use the heating pad. Thanks for the encouragement. I'm actually feeling upbeat, it's just the travelling in a month that is making me hope that the inflation and deflation can get sorted before then.

robcb1

Postby robcb1 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:48 am

Just some more encouragement. I also had a hematoma and was concerned about how long it took to go away. Using a heating pad helped me immensely. As another poster said, one day I woke up and the hematoma was pretty much gone. I was able to start cycling three weeks post op despite the hematoma, but every doctor and patient is different. If your doctor was concerned, I’m sure he would have let you know.
Implanted 8/23/22. Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE’s, infrapubic. Married 40 years.

Odecko

Postby Odecko » Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:59 am

Campfire wrote:
Odecko wrote:I had a hematoma also. It was nearly gone in 9 days. Completely gone in 14...so two weeks is about it...

In that time did you even try to cycle or did you just leave it outright?

I CHOSE not to cycle. All of this was new to me, therefore I did not want any additional complications.
53 yrs old...Widowed at age 34 after 10 years; remarried at 41. Diagnosed with PC at 47. Tried Pills, VED, & Injections & all failed. Dec/2021 - Coloplast Titan XL 24 cm + 1 cm RTE penoscrotal. (Hakky)NOW- LIFE IS GOOD!

RayChez

Postby RayChez » Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:45 pm

Yes I had a hematoma, my scrotum was almost all black, but by applying ice packs as much as possible it was gone in a couple of weeks.
age: 75 First implant around 2001, 59 at the time. AMS 700 Ultrex
revision Dec 2016. 2ND implant 21CM, 1rte AMS 700 LGX MS pump

Return to “Implants”