Looking for fellow Canadians for support/advice

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Boy_sparky

Looking for fellow Canadians for support/advice

Postby Boy_sparky » Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:45 am

Hello FT community. I stubbled upon this site a bit ago when attempting to do my own research on penial implants. I am a 43yo Canadian living in AB looking for other Canadians for support, advice and conversation. Penial Implants are still relatively new medical procedure in Canada and not approved by all provinces. I have had ED for the last 12yrs to were it progressed from pumps, to pills, to injections and now waiting for implant surgery. Currently I have been waiting for almost 3 yrs because the covid pandemic put a halt on all penial surgeries for the best part of two years and due to back log and the medical procedure becoming more well known makes the wait longer. I recently found out I still have a 9-12 month wait. After meeting with my surgeon, my young age (41yo at the time) is also working against me and has me as lower priority. (Being at the mercy of broken public health care system is not fun.)

It would be great to learn about and chat with other Canadians who have had the procedure or are waiting.

A bit about me: I’m 43yo. Turning 44yo this yr. I’m very athletic. I workout 5 times a week. I was a personal trainer for many yrs and am built like a bodybuilder. I’m 6’3”. 240lbs. 12-15% body fat. My penis length is just a few mm over 8” bone pressed and I’m 5.5” round mid-shaft, 6” at the base. Like many, I am concerned with losing size post surgery. I read on several posts, if I had a high volume surgeon I should stay my current size, but as I mentioned the surgery is still new in Canada and not all provinces do it. In my city there is only 1 Dr who currently does the surgery and he himself is still learning.

Cheers everyone.
43yo Canadian with S1 S2 L5 L4 back injury, surgery left me with ED issues 12yrs. Been on a wait list for an implant for over 3 yr and still counting. The pandemic has created a backlog where I live and I was recently told I have a 9-12mo wait still.

Captain1117

Re: Looking for fellow Canadians for support/advice

Postby Captain1117 » Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:24 pm

Fellow Canadian here

The last sentence in your post sounds concerning to me.
If you don't mind flying to Toronto..I would suggest you research Dr.Yonah Krakowski.
He is a high-volume surgeon(I checked through Coloplast sales guys) and he did two surgeries on my day. May also check his rating in ratemd as Urologist.

Its your call but I won't get implanted by someone who is learning.

Just my opinion.

Best of luck with your journey.
" The greatest benefit of an implant is that a man stops thinking about ED."-Dr.Eid

48, healthy, straight, single.ED after turning 40. AMS LGX implanted by Dr.Yonah Krakowski in June 2023.

Boy_sparky

Postby Boy_sparky » Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:16 am

Hello Captain1117

Thank you for the reply. I will have to google him.
I have not heard about him. I would very much be willing to travel. I would just have to figure out if my health care would cover the surgery out of province.
I will maybe try writing his office for advice.
They maybe know more.

I would love to hear more about or journey.
43yo Canadian with S1 S2 L5 L4 back injury, surgery left me with ED issues 12yrs. Been on a wait list for an implant for over 3 yr and still counting. The pandemic has created a backlog where I live and I was recently told I have a 9-12mo wait still.

easymoney

Postby easymoney » Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:49 am

By all means you want someone who is well experienced in doing implants ... you only have 1 penis and don't want to risk losing it which you could do with bad surgery or a bad infection. Ed sucks ...dickless sucks even more I'd say ..

thereishope

Postby thereishope » Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:15 pm

Hey fellow canadian.... Have you wondered about flying to the US to have surgery with a High volume doctor?

Return to “Implants”