Going for a Walk After Implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Campfire

Going for a Walk After Implant

Postby Campfire » Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:48 pm

How long after you've been implanted can you start to go on a, say, 1 or 2 hour walk?
48. ED since decades. Pills hardly worked, never tried injections etc. Scheduled for surgery 4/7/2023.

ThailandBound

Re: Going for a Walk After Implant

Postby ThailandBound » Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:27 pm

I started walking 1 mile at week 4. I was 50% inflated still. I increased the distance daily. Slow walking. By week 6 i was walking 3 miles. I began cycling at 6 weeks btw, so those longer walks were deflated and much more comfortable.

At 8 weeks i returned to the gym and began light workouts. At 3 months i was at about 50-60% of my preimplant intensity. I’m almost 6 months postop now and and am fully hitting it hard in the gym. Squats, presses, etc.
Active, athletic 63 years old. Sexually, still 33 in my mind and spirit. Pills and injections all worked, until they didn’t. Diagnosed with veinous leakage in 2022. Coloplast Titan. 22 CM. No RTE. Peno-scrotal. Implanted 1/4/23. Dr. Clavell.

Campfire

Postby Campfire » Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:01 pm

ThailandBound wrote:I started walking 1 mile at week 4. I was 50% inflated still. I increased the distance daily. Slow walking. By week 6 i was walking 3 miles. I began cycling at 6 weeks btw, so those longer walks were deflated and much more comfortable.

At 8 weeks i returned to the gym and began light workouts. At 3 months i was at about 50-60% of my preimplant intensity. I’m almost 6 months postop now and and am fully hitting it hard in the gym. Squats, presses, etc.

OK cool good to know.
48. ED since decades. Pills hardly worked, never tried injections etc. Scheduled for surgery 4/7/2023.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:26 pm

I was cleared to fly home 3 days post op with a 10 lb weight lifting restriction. I was flat on my back for most of the first 18 hours and then had the ride back to the hotel and then walked to my room and spent most of that day and night flat only getting up when I had to. The second day I was up moving around a bit more. I booked a day early and 2 days more before I took a flight home. Surgery on Wednesday. Back to the hotel Thursday morning. Up moving around more on Friday. Cleared to go home on Saturday but waited until Monday. A lot of walking around the airport and the seats were not a lot of fun. Rested Monday night from the flight activity and then Tuesday things were a lot better and improved that week. I was able to drive and walk anywhere I needed to. I think I waited for my 10 lb weight restriction to expire before I took long walks again. You should ask you doctor as the amount of work they do will vary. If the information is not in your discharge instructions I would ask your doctor after the surgery in case the doctor had to do extra work and wants you to wait longer.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Campfire

Postby Campfire » Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:32 am

newbie443 wrote:I was cleared to fly home 3 days post op with a 10 lb weight lifting restriction. I was flat on my back for most of the first 18 hours and then had the ride back to the hotel and then walked to my room and spent most of that day and night flat only getting up when I had to. The second day I was up moving around a bit more. I booked a day early and 2 days more before I took a flight home. Surgery on Wednesday. Back to the hotel Thursday morning. Up moving around more on Friday. Cleared to go home on Saturday but waited until Monday. A lot of walking around the airport and the seats were not a lot of fun. Rested Monday night from the flight activity and then Tuesday things were a lot better and improved that week. I was able to drive and walk anywhere I needed to. I think I waited for my 10 lb weight restriction to expire before I took long walks again. You should ask you doctor as the amount of work they do will vary. If the information is not in your discharge instructions I would ask your doctor after the surgery in case the doctor had to do extra work and wants you to wait longer.

Ok nice, thanks for that. Getting a clearer picture now. I'm scheduled for an early morning 8 am procedure then all day and overnight stay in the hospital.

ViaSwiss

Postby ViaSwiss » Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:57 pm

On day 5 I did the following..

-Took kids to barber, son and I got a haircut
-Took daughter to outdoor mall, carried her most of the time, got ice cream w her
-Rode a bike w daughter, was tough to sit on seat without pump interfering, I didnt test it too much
-Went on a short 1-2 mile hike, daughter on shoulders or in arms 80% of it
-Mowed
-Shot around (basketball) for 10 minutes
Age 35. Venous Leakage & Post Finasteride Syndrome (PFS) since age 18.
Original Implant | June 25, 2021 | 20cm Titan w 1.5cm & 1cm RTEs
Revision | November 16, 2021 | 26cm | Dr. Hakky

Campfire

Postby Campfire » Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:08 pm

ViaSwiss wrote:On day 5 I did the following..

-Took daughter to outdoor mall, carried her most of the time, got ice cream w her
-Rode a bike w daughter, was tough to sit on seat without pump interfering, I didnt test it too much
-Mowed

Ok this is great to know. Thanks. Can I ask, what underwear/garments did you wear when doing the above? Any recommendations? I've got a few pairs in from recommendations I've already had.

ViaSwiss

Postby ViaSwiss » Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:01 am

Campfire wrote:
ViaSwiss wrote:On day 5 I did the following..

-Mowed

Ok this is great to know. Thanks. Can I ask, what underwear/garments did you wear when doing the above? Any recommendations? I've got a few pairs in from recommendations I've already had.

I had to search around for what was comfy for me, something tighter and not cotton was best.
Age 35. Venous Leakage & Post Finasteride Syndrome (PFS) since age 18.
Original Implant | June 25, 2021 | 20cm Titan w 1.5cm & 1cm RTEs
Revision | November 16, 2021 | 26cm | Dr. Hakky

Time2Change

Postby Time2Change » Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:38 pm

I took my first walk, about half a mile, four days after my surgery.

I wished I had started walking more sooner as I was surprisingly tired.

Get walking as soon as possible. Your doctor will likely set a weight limit to lift for the first two weeks. Follow those instructions!
55; ED for 22+ years; Coloplast Titan implant on 10/26/20; Dr. Martin Gross; Happy to share my experiences in private messages

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:54 pm

Lol. I did my walking 5 days after surgery. I worked at the Pentagon here in DC. As you know, Pentagon has LOTS of walking that is needed. At the time, I did not even look at the walking as an exercise. I just needed to do it for my JOB!!!
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

Return to “Implants”