Big difference between surgeries

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
JohnHC

Big difference between surgeries

Postby JohnHC » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:55 pm

Wow. Never thought there would be this big a difference between surgeries. My first one April 12, 2023 was a breeze - no pain at all, some abdominal bruising, and of course the scrotal bruising and swelling. But really completely pain free.

Now today's ( June 22, 2023 ) remove and replace, totally different. I was more awake in recovery and kinda felt like I got kicked in the balls, that really subsided though by the time I went to the other recovery room ( where my wife was waiting.) The pain I have right now is in the area of the reservoir - especially when you bend or cough. I assume that this is probably how the first surgery should have went and having absolutely no pain at all should have been a red flag I guess.

The pain isn't bad, probably a 2 or 3 for me spiking to a 5 or 6 when I cough. Nothing that just plain regular Tylenol can't handle. Package is well bandaged and the catheter is better placed and taped down instead of swinging free.

Now for the reason of the surgery, the Dr said somehow the left side implant had a hole and asked if I had injected or used trimix, and I replied no I hadn't ( I had used my last needle of it 2 days before surgery to get that "one last time" in before surgery.) But I'm thinking he meant the right side one because I could feel both implants inside and my left side one always felt partially inflated while the right side was completely flat. In any case I have the exact same setup / equipment installed 12mm by 21cm implant with 1.5cm RTE's, MS pump, and conceal reservoir with 100cc's installed. I'm hoping that this one will last much longer than the 2 weeks of the other ( although thinking back on it I think it was slowly leaking down from day one )

Just glad that it's fixed and now starting the countdown to be able to use it....
AMS 700 CX 21cm x 12mm with 1.5cm RTE, MS pump, and Conceal Reservoir. Implanted on 4-12-2023 removed and replaced 6-22-23 with the same, 1st implant surgery had pinhole leak in left cylinder. Now awaiting third surgery unknown failure.

tomas1

Re: Big difference between surgeries

Postby tomas1 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:13 pm

Did they have to replace everything? Maybe they were afraid of contamination? It seems like just replacing the cylinder or cylinders would have done it.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Tokyo_123

Postby Tokyo_123 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:44 pm

tomas1 wrote:Did they have to replace everything? Maybe they were afraid of contamination? It seems like just replacing the cylinder or cylinders would have done it.

I believe standard procedure is to replace the entire unit.
Venous Leakage (which I believe caused by my overuse of the Bathmate VED)

Dr. Clavell, August, 2022. Titan One-Touch, 24cm XL cylinders and trimmed off 0.5cm

JohnHC

Postby JohnHC » Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:51 pm

They replaced the whole thing because they didn't know what caused the failure. They only found out when they tested it after removing it.
AMS 700 CX 21cm x 12mm with 1.5cm RTE, MS pump, and Conceal Reservoir. Implanted on 4-12-2023 removed and replaced 6-22-23 with the same, 1st implant surgery had pinhole leak in left cylinder. Now awaiting third surgery unknown failure.

Jage64

Postby Jage64 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:20 pm

Glad to hear you're swapped out, not happy to hear it had a hole though.

Can they tell if it was manmade or some failure in manufacturing? I assume they pressure test these as part of a QC program, so if it wasn't you, seems it must have been something done during implantation?
2/22/23 AMS 700 CX 21cm + 1.5cm RTEs. 58 yrs old, wife of 37 yrs. Penoscrotal. 100ml Conceal reservoir. Dr. Clavell. Pills failing and went right to implant, skipped the injections. 12 mos. later: 7 1/2" x 5 3/4"

JohnHC

Postby JohnHC » Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:40 pm

Jage64 wrote:Glad to hear you're swapped out, not happy to hear it had a hole though.

Can they tell if it was manmade or some failure in manufacturing? I assume they pressure test these as part of a QC program, so if it wasn't you, seems it must have been something done during implantation?

Only thing I know for certain is I didn't do it, so it probably got pierced during the operation probably during closure because they should have caught it during the testing. But with it up at the top near the tips is a bit weird.
When doing Trimix I only injected on the right side between mid shaft and the base, couldn't do left side because it never worked when I injected on that side. But as long as this one works and works right I don't care.

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:42 pm

Stinks that you had to go through #2 surgery so soon. A hole in the cylinder should have been caught before placing it in you.
Glad you did get fixed however. Now it's the waiting game. Best of luck.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Return to “Implants”