Questions about the first month post-op

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
New_Member

Questions about the first month post-op

Postby New_Member » Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:17 pm

I’m planning on getting my implant pretty shortly and trying to understand what my limitations are the first month post-op.

1) Do I need to take time off from work? I work from home, so I won’t be around people post-op fortunately

2) I’m a drummer in a band. I know that going to the gym is off limits for the first month, but would this sort of physical activity be off limits too? We play shows about twice a month so I don’t know if I’d have to cancel those

3) How noticeable is it? Can I walk around in public without getting looks? I know the doctor leaves it partially inflated for the first 6 weeks so I don’t know how much that bulges in jeans
31 years old, sick of taking pills and suffering side effects without guarantee of getting hard
Implanted Titan Touch 22cm with Dr. Clavell 7/5/23.
Pre-Op Stats
BPEL: 6.5"
Girth: 6.1”

Post-Op Stats
BPEL: 7”
Girth: 6.2”

BearsWin

Re: Questions about the first month post-op

Postby BearsWin » Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:24 pm

New_Member wrote:I’m planning on getting my implant pretty shortly and trying to understand what my limitations are the first month post-op.

1) Do I need to take time off from work? I work from home, so I won’t be around people post-op fortunately

2) I’m a drummer in a band. I know that going to the gym is off limits for the first month, but would this sort of physical activity be off limits too? We play shows about twice a month so I don’t know if I’d have to cancel those

3) How noticeable is it? Can I walk around in public without getting looks? I know the doctor leaves it partially inflated for the first 6 weeks so I don’t know how much that bulges in jeans

My Answers:

1. I had surgery 11/1 and worked 11/7. Wasn't a big deal but I don't have a particularly physical job.
2. I don't think that'd be a problem - as I understand it you don't want the gym as abdominal effort can herniate the reservoir or similar. I'd ask the surgeon's office their thoughts. I had to shovel snow and was no worse off.
3. I didn't have it inflated except for immediately postop and they deflated it in recovery because I couldn't pee. Others will have more relevant experience. That said I got a TItan which is pretty noticeable even when not inflated I'd say. It wasn't a big deal but I get to wear loose clothes at work.
Born 1966. PDE-5s since age 40. Decreasing efficacy age 50. Started on Trimix 2022 - variable response even at high doses. Coloplast Titan 11/1/22 Dr. Yafi UCI, submuscular/ectopic reservoir. History of hypertension. Married, Nevada.

Journeyman

Postby Journeyman » Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:51 pm

1) working virtual from home ( I'm assuming a desk job / lap top deal ) would be zero problem
2) Gym no , band probably not a good idea
3) its definitely noticeable. I got lucky with unseasonably cold weather when it should have been warm . I wore a zip up hoodie with just the bottom third zipped .I'd walk around with my hands in the pockets and it was unnoticeable. I was 60% inflated for 4 weeks. It stuck straight out . If you're deflated , then I think you'll be fine. You're gonna have a big Flaccid so just get use to having some big dick pride . You can tuck up or down , whatever is most comfortable. Good luck
54 - Coloplast Titan 22cm , Implanted by Dr. Clavell in April 2023

Jage64

Postby Jage64 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:20 am

I work from home too. My surgery was on a Wednesday, I was home on Friday and back at my home office desk on Monday.

I wore sweats almost every day for the first 4 weeks, until I was released to cycle. You want your penis pointing straight up as much as possible, so I found that during the day wearing tight bike shorts with a baby sock over my glans would hold it up well enough. At night I'd wear a jock strap with a 3" waistband and just wear it a little low so the waistband pinned my penis to my abdomen.

I normally wear Duluth work pants, so before my surgery I bought 2 pairs one size bigger than normal in the waist so I'd have some room for whatever I needed to use to deal with the post op boner. I also bought a few extra long t-shirts that came down below my belt line. This worked just fine if I had to meet with someone and sweats wouldn't work.

The most important thing IMO for the post-op time is those handheld urinals. I brought the one home from the hospital and bought another pair for $10 on Amazon. I put one in each bathroom in my house. You can stand to pee and dump it in the toilet when you're done, quick rinse and you're all good. Sit to defecate and still slide it over your penis and pee into it while you make a deposit. That thing and bidets made toilet visits easy peasy. Also, if you're out and about, you'll very much have a new appreciation for stand up urinals.
2/22/23 AMS 700 CX 21cm + 1.5cm RTEs. 58 yrs old, wife of 37 yrs. Penoscrotal. 100ml Conceal reservoir. Dr. Clavell. Pills failing and went right to implant, skipped the injections. 12 mos. later: 7 1/2" x 5 3/4"

New_Member

Postby New_Member » Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:25 am

Thanks all. Since I live near Clavell already, I’ll be back home the same day of surgery. Would I be fine to start working the next day? (Regular desk job with zoom meetings)

What’s the significance of keeping the penis pointed up straight? That sounds like it can be hidden with the under the waistband trick

Am I able to walk on the treadmill or use the elliptical? Or should I minimize all physical activity
31 years old, sick of taking pills and suffering side effects without guarantee of getting hard
Implanted Titan Touch 22cm with Dr. Clavell 7/5/23.
Pre-Op Stats
BPEL: 6.5"
Girth: 6.1”

Post-Op Stats
BPEL: 7”
Girth: 6.2”

Witheringhog

Postby Witheringhog » Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:14 am

I was back to work/ my desk job after 6 days.

Some people need a month plus, alot depends on the individual.
49 - Coloplast Titan 22 implanted 5-2 Dr. Clavell in Houston

ThailandBound

Postby ThailandBound » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:49 am

Sitting was pretty uncomfortable for me those first 3 or 4 weeks. I constantly had a donut cushion to alleviate downward pressure on the scrotum. If your experience is similar (ymmv), sitting on that drum stool might be a challenge.

Living with that 6 week chub just kind of sucks, but i was back to work (pilot) at 4 weeks with things pulled up and held in place with a jockstrap.

I did almost no physical exertion for 4 weeks. Don’t want to herniate the reservoir. At 4 weeks i began walking a mile per day. One week later i was walking 3 miles. Back in the gym, gently, at 8 weeks.

Now, 5+ months in im hitting the gym daily, and hard. Squats, incline leg presses, deadlifts, etc.

Don’t rush it. It’s just 6 weeks out of your life. You’re healing.
Active, athletic 63 years old. Sexually, still 33 in my mind and spirit. Pills and injections all worked, until they didn’t. Diagnosed with veinous leakage in 2022. Coloplast Titan. 22 CM. No RTE. Peno-scrotal. Implanted 1/4/23. Dr. Clavell.

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:50 am

You'll be sore for a few days at least and sitting long term may be tough for the first week or so. Healing is different for everyone though, so you may want to take the precaution of a week off work. Sweatpants are comfortable enough to wear all day. I found boxer briefs kept everything in place without too much constriction. Never pointed my penis up, left inflated for 5 1/2 weeks. Once deflated it hung down my left leg. And it is more noticeable depending on what you wear. In boxers my bulge is huge. In sweats not so bad if you don't look. In jeans no issue. In loose dress pants all is good.
I was a drummer in a band eons ago. Hope you have a nice comfy stool. You might find you have to sit more forward on your butt cheeks or adjust the pump bulb as you sit.
Hope all works out for you.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

SWorks17

Postby SWorks17 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:31 am

New_Member wrote:Thanks all. Since I live near Clavell already, I’ll be back home the same day of surgery. Would I be fine to start working the next day? (Regular desk job with zoom meetings)

What’s the significance of keeping the penis pointed up straight? That sounds like it can be hidden with the under the waistband trick

Am I able to walk on the treadmill or use the elliptical? Or should I minimize all physical activity

New-Member, I'm not sure which procedure Clavell uses for install. If you get the penoscrotal install it will take longer to heal and you'll have more pain in your scrotum. The men that have had the infrapubic install heal much quicker and have sex much quicker. One of the guys I know and am in contact with a good bit, got his implant done in Dallas area and was infrapubic and he was back to road bike cycling in three weeks.

I had the penoscrotal and I was definitely out of commission for 2 weeks with a lot of scrotum swelling and pain. My surgery was 5 Nov 2021 and we went to a resort in Austin, Texas the last week in December after Christmas and I was still tender and sore. I did some long walks (3 to 4 miles) with my wife on the trails that are around the lake in downtown Austin and I had to wear some really baggy Rebock sport sweat pants and a long T-shirt to give room for movement and hide my chubby. I sort of felt like I was a cowboy walking with my legs spread apart to keep everything from rubbing, at least that's the way I felt.
When I was in our resort room, it was still sort of uncomfortable to sit in the dinner table chairs because they didn't have any cushion. I had to take some extra pain meds after those walks to sit in the chairs.

I have the Boston Scientific AMS 700 LGX which has a much softer flaccid than the coloplast, so I can't relate to the guys that have had problems with dog ears and other pains they've had in their penis shaft with that implant.

You'll definitely have some pain and discomfort while doing the zoom meetings but you should be ok using pain meds.
Doing the drum sessions, you use your legs a lot for the bass drum and the high hat and you sit on that small round seat, so you might have some problems there, but you could be a quick healer.

Good Luck
Age 66, Garden Ridge Texas, Progressive ED after Boston Scientific Rezum procedure for benign enlarged prostate 19 May 21, AMS LGX 18 w 3cm rear tips installed 5 Nov 2021 by Dr Shane Barney, Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, Married 35 years

Return to “Implants”