Post surgery underwear confusion

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Captain1117

Post surgery underwear confusion

Postby Captain1117 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:17 pm

So i had my pre-op meeting today at the hospital with three professional.
First was a nurse, a pharmacist and then the anesthesiologist.

Mostly what is already known fro my years of research at FT and Tangerines PDF .
I already have stocked on loose-fitting boxers and two jock strap( sizeL) when I am size S.

The nurse however told me today to not wear boxers but something snug like a brief.

Am I missing something
" The greatest benefit of an implant is that a man stops thinking about ED."-Dr.Eid

48, healthy, straight, single.ED after turning 40. AMS LGX implanted by Dr.Yonah Krakowski in June 2023.

SteveSW

Re: Post surgery underwear confusion

Postby SteveSW » Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:37 pm

Captain1117 wrote:So i had my pre-op meeting today at the hospital with three professional.

Mostly what is already known fro my years of research at FT and Tangerines PDF .
I already have stocked on loose-fitting boxers and two jock strap( sizeL) when I am size S.

The nurse however told me today to not wear boxers but something snug like a brief.

Am I missing something

What I can tell you is what worked for me. My surgeon (as many docs do) wanted me to keep my penis pointed up, towards my belly button. I found a traditional, 3" wide waistband jockstrap worked really well. I bought several and wore one 24 hours a day, every day. Having my ball sac swing freely did not feel good at all in the beginning.
20 years of severe Peyronie's plaque, 90 curve, hinging and ED. Cost me 1.5" L and 1" G.
Implanted 2/18/21, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal. Have gained 3/4". Gay, married, age 68.

Captain1117

Postby Captain1117 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:43 pm

Thanks for sharing.

I think the protocol was to wear the jockstrap on top of the boxer to keep it up but gentle on the skin. Baby socks have also been recommended to keep the glans from chafing.
" The greatest benefit of an implant is that a man stops thinking about ED."-Dr.Eid

48, healthy, straight, single.ED after turning 40. AMS LGX implanted by Dr.Yonah Krakowski in June 2023.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:00 pm

Captain1117 wrote:So i had my pre-op meeting today at the hospital with three professional.

Am I missing something

I expect that whatever you wear before surgery is irrelevant. I will guess that the nurse telling you not to wear boxers did not know you already planned on a jock strap. I would bring a large safety pin for the waistband of your jockstrap in case the waistband is too big. If the pouch is too big, you can always fill it in with gauze. Most surgeons (not all, but most) leave their patients partially inflated and pointing up. When I left the hospital, I had a LOT of bandaging.

What outerwear is in your plan? Close-fitting pants are not a good idea. Sweatpants or rooy gym shorts will be easier to manage. I know of at least one guy who wore a skirt/kilt.

Of course, you will ot be sporting a basketball-sized bulge, but ease of moving around and getting into and out of bed will be your major concern. And, eventually, urination. (Take the plastic urinal home with you. Easier to pee into, even if you are at your toilet; pee into the urinal and pour into the toilet Less mess, since aiming is often problematic right after surgery.)

My greatest pain was getting out of bed. My torso was quite sore where the reservoir was placed. I had to plan every little move, use my elbow as a pry bar and use my legs as counterbalance with the weight of my legs.

Good luck.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

ThailandBound

Postby ThailandBound » Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:11 pm

I did indeed place a baby sock (cut off the elastic) over my glans. Trust me, you’ll appreciate the cushioning.

I wore boxer-briefs, cotton, snug fit. Not the baggy-style briefs. Pointed my wordy up and then put the jockstrap over everything. Worked like a champ.
Active, athletic 63 years old. Sexually, still 33 in my mind and spirit. Pills and injections all worked, until they didn’t. Diagnosed with veinous leakage in 2022. Coloplast Titan. 22 CM. No RTE. Peno-scrotal. Implanted 1/4/23. Dr. Clavell.

easymoney

Postby easymoney » Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:37 pm

does anyone know if it is the same if you are getting a malleable implant like me? ... There is no inflating it a little or a lot it is just one firmness and not sure which way it will be pointed .. I'd prefer not to be pointed upwards since my dick has never pointed that would be unnatural for me ... any thoughts?

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:47 pm

easymoney wrote:does anyone know if it is the same if you are getting a malleable implant like me? ... There is no inflating it a little or a lot it is just one firmness and not sure which way it will be pointed .. I'd prefer not to be pointed upwards since my dick has never pointed that would be unnatural for me ... any thoughts?

I do not know if a malleable is commonly pointed up immediately after surgery or not. And I habitually point my penis up (even before surgery) Of course, my penis was too short when flaccid to hang down by itself, anyway. It pretty much lay on my testicles as if they were shelf.

But I wonder, (and please forgive me the intrusiveness of this question and my ignorance), when you have sex, is it pointed up?
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

easymoney

Postby easymoney » Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:00 pm

No it has always pointed straight out and slightly downward .. many of my partners loved it because of the odd angle hit some good spots while having sex. I was good sized when younger showed photos of him 20 years ago to the dr. he said that was then this is now ... so I'm not expecting much in the end. I'd like to have enough to have an active sex life of some type but not holding my breath from all that I have read about them ..

atul21

Postby atul21 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:53 pm

I never found the jock straps to be useful or comfortable. I bought the separatec kind underwear with a pocket to allow you to keep the shaft pointed upwards. This was mainly for travel. When I used to be home, I would wear lose boxers and lie down and manually keep it pointed up.
I find that any planning around this may doesn’t always work. So keep with you all options and see in which one you feel most comfortable. Most you need to worry about is underwear needed during travel.
41 yr old from India, Ed since many years
Coloplast Titan 22 cms one touch pump no rte; implanted by Dr. Billy Cordon in Miami on 02-March-2023. Found Dr. Cordon on reco from Dr. Eid after he fell sick.
Happy to help!
My Journal- click here

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:33 am

easymoney wrote:No it has always pointed straight out and slightly downward .. many of my partners loved it because of the odd angle hit some good spots while having sex. I was good sized when younger showed photos of him 20 years ago to the dr. he said that was then this is now ... so I'm not expecting much in the end. I'd like to have enough to have an active sex life of some type but not holding my breath from all that I have read about them ..

Thank you, easymoney, for the candid answer. I always thought an upward pointing erection with upward curvature would be the most effective in putting pressure on a woman't "G-spot" and would be the best of all possible situations.

You have now got me thinking otherwise. Perhaps your downward orientation allows the proximal portion of your erection presses on your partners' G-spot or underside of her clitoris. Or perhaps your glans hits an as-yet undocuented pleasure zone. You have got me thinking about positions with my lover that might emulate your angle.

Thanks for providing something to cogitate upon.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Return to “Implants”