AMS pump bulb too hard to pump

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Buzzer

AMS pump bulb too hard to pump

Postby Buzzer » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:33 am

I have only been cycling a few days. I can get the bulb to compress initially OK. But after that the bulb is extremely hard like a marble and even using two hands it does not compress much Is this normal, will it get easier. I can get the cylinders to fill, but it is not as some have commented where you can hang a towel from it.

I feel that I can get bigger if only I can compress the bulb more . I am almost crippled and use a cane to walk and I think getting into a warm tub would help. However I might be able to get in but not be able to get back out. The last time I had issues last year where I slid off the edge of the bed and we had to call 911 to get two strong men to lift me up. My wife is a true weakling and there is no way she could help me out of tub

Will the pump soften up over time? The last couple of days I was able to squeeze the bulb a very, very small amount more and got a little more fill but it is very minimal. When I read others here on FT pump 10 or 20 Pumps, I can barely get one added pump after the first compression.

All this aggressive squeezing is very tough on my tissues and hurts. All this does not seem as spontaneous as I thought this would be to prepare for sex. I have to spend a good 15 minutes to get to where I am now with an almost 1/4 added pump.

Any suggestions would help here.

Bill
ED for 15 years, married 49 years, age 72, wife age 70. Tried VED and Trimix both failed. AMS CX 21 cm implant installed on 4-18-2023. There are no RTE's inserted. Dr. Yooni Blair University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI

rdnkbiker

Re: AMS pump bulb too hard to pump

Postby rdnkbiker » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:19 am

well if a hot bath is to difficult what about a hot pad heat does help make the bulb a little softer

good luck
jim
HBP since my 20s Full ED i was 55 when i received my implant January 17th 2017 sever scare tissue through corpora cavernosa clear to the glands (no blood flow) complete revision new equipment july 10th 2023 AMS CX 21cm by DR.William Brant very happy

jwitten567

Postby jwitten567 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:29 am

I would say it gets a little bit easier after 2 months or so once all the healing is complete. If you have are having trouble with gripping it though it could be challenging - as mentioned warm bath, hot pack can help loosen the skin a little.

Maybe worth talking to your surgeon or the company rep to try to walk you through resetting the pump. I know there's some videos online too. Usually I try not to deflate all the way (maybe leave one-two pumps in the cylinders) as I've found it makes the initial pump a little easier.

hope that helps
Radical Prostatectomy in 2015; failed pills, straight to Coloplast Titan in 2019 by Dr. Valenzuela in NYC, Replaced with AMS 700 CX in 2022 by Dr. Darshan Patel in San Diego, CA. Wish I jumped to an implant even before prostate cancer!

ThailandBound

Postby ThailandBound » Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:22 pm

I'm 5 months postop. The pump is much softer now than when new.

I find that sometimes if the pump seems hard to pump simply rotating it a bit in my fingers makes a difference. There seems to be a sweet spot for pressure.

I'm pretty strong but still have to use two hands to get it pumped to max. I'm sure you've been trying that probably.

As mentioned above, a heat pad may help you. That should help soften it up. Overall, continued "breaking in" seems to help and will get better over time.

Best wishes brother
Active, athletic 63 years old. Sexually, still 33 in my mind and spirit. Pills and injections all worked, until they didn’t. Diagnosed with veinous leakage in 2022. Coloplast Titan. 22 CM. No RTE. Peno-scrotal. Implanted 1/4/23. Dr. Clavell.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:43 pm

My drs nurse does all of the pumping lessons. I've had several visits with her. I've asked about pumping methods several times. She is adamant that small squeezing is the best method. Almost a pulsing action. Apply pressure, release, repeat. She can inflate the cylinders really fast using this method. Said shes been teaching pumping for 12 years. That this is the best method.
Think about your heart. It doesn't completely compress on each beat.
Give it a try, I think you'll be impressed.
Post your results for others.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:18 pm

Buzzer wrote:I have only been cycling a few days. I can get the bulb to compress initially OK. But after that the bulb is extremely hard like a marble and even using two hands it does not compress much Is this normal, will it get easier. I can get the cylinders to fill, but it is not as some have commented where you can hang a towel from it.

I feel that I can get bigger if only I can compress the bulb more . I am almost crippled and use a cane to walk and I think getting into a warm tub would help. However I might be able to get in but not be able to get back out. The last time I had issues last year where I slid off the edge of the bed and we had to call 911 to get two strong men to lift me up. My wife is a true weakling and there is no way she could help me out of tub

Will the pump soften up over time? The last couple of days I was able to squeeze the bulb a very, very small amount more and got a little more fill but it is very minimal. When I read others here on FT pump 10 or 20 Pumps, I can barely get one added pump after the first compression.

All this aggressive squeezing is very tough on my tissues and hurts. All this does not seem as spontaneous as I thought this would be to prepare for sex. I have to spend a good 15 minutes to get to where I am now with an almost 1/4 added pump.

Any suggestions would help here.

Bill

My understanding is a bit different. The device is built tight to last for a long time. And it is self-lubricating. I think that the trouble with early pump operation is in large due to lack of use after surgery until activation. This would cause the valve to stick from lack of use and then by not being fully switched making it difficult to move fluid through it. Heat not only helps with softening the bulb but also helps the valves switch easier. I had an open incision with stiches and baths or hot tubs were and no go for me for a long time and I don't do either anyway. I kept a heating pad plugged in and in my bed. At night I would turn it on before getting ready for bed to let it heat up. Then get in bed and let things heat up the device for a while. An added advantage is heat promotes healing. After things are heated up then try to pop the valve into inflate mode. You need a very fast forceful first pump to get the valve to fully switch. Sometimes it took more than one. If the pump does not fully switch (still happens every once in a while) then deflate and try again. With my LGX if the valve is not fully switched and difficult to pump If I keep pumping I will have more girth and less length. If it switches fully and I am able to use fast partial pumps for fast inflation I get more length and less girth. Could just be my quirky device as I have had other problems with it. Find a way to use heat though until the device is working well for you. It helps with healing and lubricating the device. Good luck.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Txagq8

Postby Txagq8 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:36 pm

GT’s nurse is correct. I stumbled on to the same technique by trial and error.

You could look back 3 years at my posts where I said that squeezing the bulb was like squeezing a rock embedded in my nutsack.

What I found is you don’t have to get the pump to really indent any noticeable amount but you would still be moving fluid to the cylinders. I’d keep squeeze-release-squeeze the immovable rock/pump, a whole lot (65+) little bitty squeezes and voila, a really nice looking, decently sized erect pecker.

I’m going to tell you what I was told by a neonatologist 32 yrs ago when our preemie twins arrived. Don’t look at the monitors, look at the baby.

In this case don’t look at the bulb. Look at your cock. Little short squeezes even if you don’t feel any real indentation in the bulb. You ought to feel the cylinders inflating.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:21 am

Txagq8, yes. Results is what matters. I swear, the nurse could squeeze so fast & without effort that I couldn't imagine she was doing any good. 12 years of experience. She knows how to squeeze AMS bulbs.
If you had told me that at my age I would need lessons on my nut sack. I would of said you're crazy. She got results faster than I could.
Guys, give it a try.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Buzzer

Postby Buzzer » Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:57 am

I feel the initial pop of the pump just fine. It is after that I do not seem to get any depression or only a very slight movement. My cylinder's are filling, but I do not think it is very much.

In comparison to other comments from FT I do not seem to be getting much from pumping. Also my dick does not seem to be inflated fully. It is bigger very slowly but I am not able to do this multiple pumping as described. Perhaps the pump needs to broken in a lot more.

Bill
ED for 15 years, married 49 years, age 72, wife age 70. Tried VED and Trimix both failed. AMS CX 21 cm implant installed on 4-18-2023. There are no RTE's inserted. Dr. Yooni Blair University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI

Txagq8

Postby Txagq8 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:08 pm

Buzzer: you’re not even 2 months in. I’m at 3 1/2 years.

I feel some indentation for first 12-15 squeezes. After that, it’s still a rock.

I put 60 or more…sometimes 80 little squeezes in there to get the stretch, the cylinder pressure, and the 45 degree erection angle that makes me feel like a 19 year old stud.

At 3.5 years I don’t know if the bulb being incrementally more flexible is due to the bulb getting broke in or my corpora being stretched. The bulb, in my opinion, is hard not because it isn’t pliable. It’s because you’re pumping against pressure to increase the pressure inside the cylinder. It’s simple hydraulics….the pressure in the cylinder has to be overcome to put more fluid in it, which raises the pressure even more, which makes it that much harder to introduce additional fluid.

Big picture: relax, pump, use it. It all becomes second nature pretty quickly. I still get glans engorgement and whenever I do, I pump myself to an rrection even if I’m not about to have sex just to emulate my normal physiological function.

My only real concern is I’ll wear this one out in 10 years and they’ll have to put in a Titan next time and I’ll be re-learning all the equipment peculiarities.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

Return to “Implants”