CT Scan diagnose kink in tubing/cylinder?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
aussiePeyronies

CT Scan diagnose kink in tubing/cylinder?

Postby aussiePeyronies » Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:33 am

Can anyone tell me if a CT scan can diagnose a kink?

Thank you,
J
34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

Implant + Tunica Expansion Procedure, 7th Feb 2023, Titan 22cm + 1cm RTE

Cnidium

Re: CT Scan diagnose kink in tubing/cylinder?

Postby Cnidium » Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:04 pm

MRI can, need to make sure settings are correct though to be compatible with implant. Not sure about CAT
Titan OTR. Dr. Hakky - successful surgery and very happy with outcome.
My advice: choose a world-class surgeon and make yourself the healthiest you can.

jwitten567

Postby jwitten567 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:22 pm

my understanding that CT can only tell if leak (reservoir drained out). I had MRI prior to my revision surgery. They had me go through scanner deflated and then dr patel told x-ray tech that should pump up the device as much as i could for the remaining MRI pictures.

Not all surgeons get MRI but for me just seems backwards going straight to surgery without have a idea of what's going on in there if implant isn't working right.
Radical Prostatectomy in 2015; failed pills, straight to Coloplast Titan in 2019 by Dr. Valenzuela in NYC, Replaced with AMS 700 CX in 2022 by Dr. Darshan Patel in San Diego, CA. Wish I jumped to an implant even before prostate cancer!

JohnHC

Postby JohnHC » Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:45 pm

My implant wasn't working and I had a CT scan done showing that the reservoir was empty. I'm not sure that it would be able to tell if there is a kink in those lines as they are very small. But as for me I can feel the top of my pump and can pretty much feel along the lines either to or pretty close to the implant and can feel along the line to the reservoir although on that one I obviously can't feel as far. You might be able to try it to feel along the tubes towards the implant and give a gentle tug on it, it might or might not work depending on where your kink might be. But I think a MRI would be the only way to tell for sure.
AMS 700 CX 21cm x 12mm with 1.5cm RTE, MS pump, and Conceal Reservoir. Implanted on 4-12-2023 removed and replaced 6-22-23 with the same, 1st implant surgery had pinhole leak in left cylinder. Now awaiting third surgery unknown failure.

Return to “Implants”