Mitomycin C to prevent size loss caused by infection

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
waiting4nitinol

Mitomycin C to prevent size loss caused by infection

Postby waiting4nitinol » Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:20 pm

I've found two research papers by the same doctor who has used a drug called Mitomycin C on several patients who got infected after their implant surgeries.

In 2019, the drug was used on five patients and only one of them lost size (only 1cm). In 2022, the drug was used on 12 patients and only two of them lost size. One patient lost 1cm and the other lost 1.5cm. Although 3 of 17 total patients did lose some size, it seems like this loss was minimized by using this drug.

Links to the research papers:
1) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... ile%20size.
2) https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 9522019828

This seems like a huge breakthrough in terms of dealing with the negative impact of infections. Will implant surgeons start utilizing this drug in their infection protocol given these results?
28, not implanted, mild/moderate ED due to HFS
Managing well but looking for a permanent solution
Unhappy with current implants, waiting for something more advanced
Putting my faith in the nitinol implant, Comphya's CaverSTIM or Implantica's PotencyFlow

indeed

Re: Mitomycin C to prevent size loss caused by infection

Postby indeed » Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:25 am

Good find mate!

If you get implanted, you can certainly suggest it to your doctor. I think a lot of them would be open to try.
I talked to the author of this study, Dr Shaeer. He is in Egypt, a video consult with him is only like 30$, if anyone is interested. He seemed very competent to me.
30 years old. Suspensory ligament repair with Dr. Ralph March 23.
20cm Titan OTR, no RTEs. Dr. Clavell - May 10, 23.

Return to “Implants”