Bicycle and motorcycle riding

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
JakOBson

Bicycle and motorcycle riding

Postby JakOBson » Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:08 pm

Fellow riders,

Do you find it safe on the pump to be riding? Any precautions or special gear that you are using?

Talking about a race bicycle (aggressive reclined position, skinny hard saddle) and enduro motorcycle (no racing or big jumps, just some reasonable recreational off-roading).

Tried to check past posts, found very little.

Lost Sheep

Re: Bicycle and motorcycle riding

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:43 pm

JakOBson wrote:Fellow riders,

Do you find it safe on the pump to be riding? Any precautions or special gear that you are using?

Talking about a race bicycle (aggressive reclined position, skinny hard saddle) and enduro motorcycle (no racing or big jumps, just some reasonable recreational off-roading).

Keep looking. There are threads out there. Maybe a couple years old.

I summarize what I remember: There are bicycle seats with a hole in the middle (think the old calvary "McLellan" saddle) or seats that consist of two pad for your hip-bones to rest on an no other part of your anatomy getting compressed. (Though that type may not work for the forward-inclined aerodynamic riding position of a road racer bicyclist.) I don't know where to find them.

When I first got my implant, it was a few months or re-learing how to sit down in my car seat so as not to sit on my pump. Second natre to me now.

For motorcycle seats, I would suggest supportive underwear to position your scrotum in a "safe" location. There are a lot of posts about David Archy, Seperatec and such. Jock straps (athletic supporters) are popular, too.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

SWorks17

Postby SWorks17 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:01 pm

I have an aggressive road bike, I use a ISM PL1.1 40 saddle. It is a very comfortable saddle, it has an opening in the middle for the perineum. It is considered a no nose saddle, but it does have a nose.

I did try some of those saddle that you sit on top of with no nose and they were awful, because your sit bones would sit on top of the saddle which was very uncomfortable.

Once I healed up enough and didn't have any pain in my scrotum, I switched back to my ISM saddle. I haven't had any problems with the pump getting in the way or causing any pain.

I do wear Jockey Sport bikini briefs under my cycling bibs to keep the boys in place.

If you want more info private message me.
Age 66, Garden Ridge Texas, Progressive ED after Boston Scientific Rezum procedure for benign enlarged prostate 19 May 21, AMS LGX 18 w 3cm rear tips installed 5 Nov 2021 by Dr Shane Barney, Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, Married 35 years

ThailandBound

Postby ThailandBound » Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:28 pm

I ride a 1600cc Kawasaki Vulcan touring bike.

My pump sits low and aft in my scrotum. 5 months post op now. Don’t feel a thing.
Active, athletic 63 years old. Sexually, still 33 in my mind and spirit. Pills and injections all worked, until they didn’t. Diagnosed with veinous leakage in 2022. Coloplast Titan. 22 CM. No RTE. Peno-scrotal. Implanted 1/4/23. Dr. Clavell.

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:56 am

I've done a lot of bike riding with the grandkids on my old Beach Cruiser. No probs...good luck man!
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

AntonS

Postby AntonS » Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:10 pm

also very interested in this topic. I'm planning on getting an implant. I train on a road bike. a thin saddle rests directly on the place where the pump stands. and training for an hour, for an hour and a half

Floridaspeedo

Postby Floridaspeedo » Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:42 pm

No issues with either motorcycle or bike. Yes it is a different feeling and depending on what I am wearing, I usually need to guide my dick to throw it over the tank as I am swinging my leg to get on my motorcycle.

Definitely not a bad problem to have
motorcycle1.png
motorcycle1.png (602.88 KiB) Viewed 411 times
ED survivor 5 years. Tried pills, Gainswave, PRP, Bi-Mix/Tri Mix (worked 50% but very painful for 24 hours after injection.) 55 Gay - Single Titan Coloplast implanted June 1st, 2022, scrotal in Miami by Dr Billy Cordone..,very happy. Zero regrets

SWorks17

Postby SWorks17 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:34 am

AntonS wrote:

also very interested in this topic. I'm planning on getting an implant. I train on a road bike. a thin saddle rests directly on the place where the pump stands. and training for an hour, for an hour and a half

Anton, this is the saddle that I use. It is very comfortable, fits my sit bones very nice. I can ride over a 100 miles with this saddle.

https://ismseat.com/performance-long/pl-1-1/
Age 66, Garden Ridge Texas, Progressive ED after Boston Scientific Rezum procedure for benign enlarged prostate 19 May 21, AMS LGX 18 w 3cm rear tips installed 5 Nov 2021 by Dr Shane Barney, Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, Married 35 years

Forever_Young

Postby Forever_Young » Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:36 am

I am 15 mouths post surgery and riding a bike is no problem. Just perch cautously, and remember the "OH-NO" bird. The one with 4 inch legs and 6 inch balls.

Return to “Implants”