The tubing of implant AMS700 pop out skin in front of scrotum

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
EdgarPoe

The tubing of implant AMS700 pop out skin in front of scrotum

Postby EdgarPoe » Fri May 19, 2023 3:27 am

I had surgery implant AMS700 this year in February. The tubing of implant bulge in front of scrotum. So the implant kind of noticeable because it a little deform scrotum.
Is it normal? Or should it be behind balls in back side of scrotum?

LeRoastBeef

Re: The tubing of implant AMS700 pop out skin in front of scrotum

Postby LeRoastBeef » Fri May 19, 2023 3:49 am

I have this too.

Even some protrusion of tubing on the shaft.
Implanted with AMS 700 lgx, 2021.
30's
UK

indeed

Postby indeed » Fri May 19, 2023 3:55 am

I don't think it should be normal. I have this too and i think it looks ridiculous.
I'll get this corrected asap, and also have some skin taken off my scrotum
30 years old. Suspensory ligament repair with Dr. Ralph March 23.
20cm Titan OTR, no RTEs. Dr. Clavell - May 10, 23.

wolfpacker

Postby wolfpacker » Fri May 19, 2023 7:50 am

My pump bulges out the front of my scrotum, as you can see in my journal on page 7:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17202&start=60

It doesn't bother me
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

Bwtbbb

Postby Bwtbbb » Fri May 19, 2023 8:58 am

wolfpacker wrote:My pump bulges out the front of my scrotum, as you can see in my journal on page 7:

It doesn't bother me

Did Dr. Eid say anything about that? I heard he laughed at a patient who asked him if they should pull down on the pump post op as he said it would be in the correct place.

EdgarPoe

Postby EdgarPoe » Fri May 19, 2023 11:29 am

So should I ask doctor to do a second surgery to hide tubing behind scrotum?

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri May 19, 2023 12:10 pm

EdgarPoe wrote:So should I ask doctor to do a second surgery to hide tubing behind scrotum?

M pump rides high and left and when fully pumped up sits at the base of the shaft. It prevents useing a vacuum erection device (therapeutically to expand spongiosuum tissues, etc, not needed for erection) because I cannot get a good seal at the base of the VED's cylinder.

When I asked my surgeon about repositioning the pump, he suggested the improvement would not be worth the risk of an additional surgery. Every time one opens one's skin for surgery or undergoes anesthesia there is a risk.

So, if your concern is cosmetic rather than operational, maybe you should not do it. But asking your surgeon is worthwhile if it does not involve an additional charge for an office visit (depending on your insurance and your budget).
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

wolfpacker

Postby wolfpacker » Fri May 19, 2023 2:34 pm

Bwtbbb wrote:
wolfpacker wrote:My pump bulges out the front of my scrotum, as you can see in my journal on page 7:

It doesn't bother me

Did Dr. Eid say anything about that? I heard he laughed at a patient who asked him if they should pull down on the pump post op as he said it would be in the correct place.

I haven't even asked him about it, it's not outside of what I expected from the surgery. I know the device has tubes and parts etc and expected some could be slightly visible
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

EdgarPoe

Postby EdgarPoe » Fri May 19, 2023 4:48 pm

wolfpacker wrote:
Bwtbbb wrote:

It doesn't bother me

I haven't even asked him about it, it's not outside of what I expected from the surgery. I know the device has tubes and parts etc and expected some could be slightly visible

I think the tubes and pump shouldn't be visible. They supposed to be behind testicles in back side of scrotum. I have them in front. I was in appointment with my doctor today and he convinced me to wait three more months. He said he can cut and shorten tubes a little bit so they will not visibly pop out the skin of scrotum but lets wait three more months and I should try in mean time to pull down pump to make tubes less visible.

Does anybody have the tubes and pump in back of scrotum so thy are not protruding in front?

SWorks17

Postby SWorks17 » Fri May 19, 2023 9:43 pm

EdgarPoe wrote:I had surgery implant AMS700 this year in February. The tubing of implant bulge in front of scrotum. So the implant kind of noticeable because it a little deform scrotum.
Is it normal? Or should it be behind balls in back side of scrotum?

My pump does stick out in between my boys, which for most guys this is the typical placement of the pump in the front so that it is easy to access. I've gotten use to it and don't even notice it 95% of the time, there are sometimes I do notice it, but not often. I road bike cycle and I don't notice it when I'm cycling.

For younger guys, I've heard they will put it at the back of the scrotum so that it is concealed, but I don't know anything about that install.

Yes, I can feel some of the tubes, like the ones that are at the top of the pump and the ones that go to the reservoir but nothing protrudes and interferes with sex. I have seen some Youtube videos where the surgeon talks about securing the tubes so they don't ride up and interfere with sex or just makes it unpleasant with feeling something that is protruding.
Age 66, Garden Ridge Texas, Progressive ED after Boston Scientific Rezum procedure for benign enlarged prostate 19 May 21, AMS LGX 18 w 3cm rear tips installed 5 Nov 2021 by Dr Shane Barney, Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, Married 35 years

Return to “Implants”