Implanted | Clavelle | the good, the bad and the ongoing

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Zenmasterdj

Implanted | Clavelle | the good, the bad and the ongoing

Postby Zenmasterdj » Fri May 12, 2023 2:53 pm

Hey guys
Well, I did it.
Implant was installed Tuesday morning by Dr Clavelle in Houston.

Got to the hospital at 5:30 am. Surgery scheduled for 7:30..

Nurses got me ready and the next thing I knew I was headed to surgery.

Doc stopped in for about 4-5 mins to make sure I was ready to go and we were off.

Woke up from the surgery sore as heck. Side hurt really bad and a lot of pain in the undercarriage/prostate area.

If this is the pain with the nerve block, I can't imagine it without.

The side pain is from the reservoir they put in as it obviously disrupted some muscle that is there, but the "prostate" pain I think is from something else:
I think it might be from how deep the implant is.

I asked the doc to come to my room after the surgery and he stopped by. Said my implant was a 25 mm Titan and said it was one of the bigger implants

I asked why, knowing that my penis has always been on the normal size and he said it was that my thighs were so thick that a lot of it is inside.

Kind of a waste. :P But not his fault. Maybe I just need to lose some weight.

Overall, I guess the doc was ok. Unlike a lot.of.thr stories I hear here, after our original zoom call, I really barely spoke to him.

We had the one one pre meeting and then he talked to me for about 3 or 4 minutes before the surgery and then made it seem like if I didn't request him that he would not have even checked on me afterwards. Perhaps I misread the after visit but he showed up and said "you asked to see me?"

Most of what I learned was from here, so thanks to you guys I guess I didn't really need more time than that. Just seemed odd for what is such a life changing huge decision surgery for most of us to not be walked through it more.

Even the woman that coordinated the surgery. She was extremely nice. She was extremely helpful. But she didn't even know that he used the nerve block. When I asked her about it she said she had no idea and she would check on it and then never got back to me

Again, I learned about that here and not from the actual doctor or his team.

To be fair I think I could have asked for more time or another zoom call before surgery (?) but I didn't feel the need not did I want to waste anyone's time, so that's on me.

In all honesty, the process did feel like a bit like an assembly line to me which is very unlike what I read on here before.

Something he might want to be aware of, as I know someone from his offices reads these.

Just my feeling. Perhaps others feel different and that's entirely fine. I realize that happens sometimes.

Stayed in a hotel (Hilton) recommended by the doctor's for 24 hours after the surgery. And then left to get on my flight to Manila

Hotel was ok. They don't let you check in until 5pm which is bizarre (I travel a LOT and have never seen that) especially since I got there at 8am.

Made me sit in the lobby for over 9 hours. :D

Staff was friendly. Food at hotel was ok but expensive.
$5.95 for a medium sized smart water is just too much. I drink 6-8 bottles a day so you can see whu that would be a pet peve for me.

I used Uber to to pick up stuff I needed from CVS. For $10 they ran and got my whole list, including water for my room for my 3 days. That was a nice find and I recommend it highly. Not much else is near that hotel or within walking distance.
Use the Uber app and just make a big order once.

I will say before I go any further, I was pretty happy with the way they treated me at the hospital until the end.

They felt warm and friendly and god knows I needed it more than I realized. I showed up to do it alone. Most of my family didn't know. And i obviously had a lot on my mind. They were smiling and friendly and the nurses were the heros of my early part of the experience.

Towards the end, I'm obviously going through some pain and I was having trouble moving and really having trouble urinating.

Dr. C said to stay there until I could get a steady stream out. But it was barely dribbling and not emptying completely. But the nurse insisted that I go and started to have a bit of an attitude about it.

I'm sure that I was because her boss was on her to move me but a bit of compassion for the situation would have been nice.

I'm alone. I just had a fairly major surgery. 30 minutes more would not have killed anyone.

Maybe it was the medication and anesthesia making me sensitive.

Obviously I was in a pretty vulnerable situation, but, like most things in life, we toughen up and make it through.

BTW, none of this is meant to be negative or complaining. My experience is over and so are my feelings about the entire situation. I don't live like that.

Instead, I'm only sharing this information so that others who go through the experience will be prepared. Just something about knowing makes things a lot easier.

Nothing is ever perfect. The not knowing is what makes it worse IMO so I'm just sharing a few things I thought were negative.

On the positive side;
1. I didn't die
2. I went home and was able to pretty much take care of myself with very little problem. It was a bit more painful than I expected but not so bad that I could not hear it.
3.(hopefully) It's over. I have 6 weeks of being patient and I won't have to deal with what I was dealing with before. I know there will be an adjustment but I am confident it will he a positive one.
4. As of right now, my dick feels like my dick. And I wasn't sure that was going to happen. Again, a lot can happen between now and 6 weeks. I haven't had it fully hard or fully soft and it is honestly a bit numb still, but it feels like mine....and I wasn't sure if that would be like that.

Anyway, I just landed in Japan and had time to type this out. 15 hours on a plane so far. I iced the whole time pretty much, which I think is helping. I'm also swallowing the pain pills and Tylenol at pretty much the exact times I am supposed to.

Also staying diligent on the antibiotics. I know I still have infection to worry about. That would suck as I paid cash for this trip/surgery and it set me back about $30k.

Not sure I can afford it again right now, not that I would have a choice.

I'm hoping that this will be a journey log as I go through the next few weeks and maybe it'll help some people along the way.

Same way all the other stuff everyone wrote here has helped me

I can't thank you all enough actually. You motivated me to do it and helped me learn so much. Thanks guys.

Btw as of right now I am partially inflated. At least that's what I read. :D

If I have to take a guess, I would say my penis is about 3 in right now. I'm assuming that's partial inflation because I measured it hard before surgery and it was 5.5 long and 6.25 wide. An odd shape but whatever. :lol:

Hoping it comes back to where I was by the time this is all over. That would be the dream.

Also, my balls are about 3 times their normal size and I'm very swollen around my cock, which is making it look even smaller.

Head of my cock is black and blue and both sides of the head kinda hurt, like something is poking them from the inside.

I'll take a guess that's the cylinders. Hope I'm just being paranoid. Actually hope it just goes away. It's annoying.

I'll just keep icing and try to stay diligent.

Thought my leg was black and blue too, but it's just the tape I can't get off from when they had me wrapped. :lol:

Lastly, not sure about work.

I own my own business so I poked my head in via slack the next day. Answered some emails.
Told myself how tough I was and how I could outwork anyone.
Then took a nap about an hour into it.

The surgery and the experience your body goes through is a real thing. I'm just going to follow the path and sleep as much as I can over the next few days and hope that my body heals well. I'm sleeping.

Okay. I think that wraps up the beginning part of this. Sorry it's so long but I wanted to be detailed and that is much information as I could. While it was all still fresh in my head. I'm really hoping that somebody else can gain something from it

Even though I mentioned the negatives, it's all positive right now. I think. I just wanted to be fair and balanced

Thanks for reading guys. And thanks again for all the great information. Hopefully I can return that favor and be a resource for somebody in the future
Last edited by Zenmasterdj on Fri May 12, 2023 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
52. Lived in Miami for 19 years, Pattaya Thailand for 5 and now living in Angeles City, Philippines.

We get one life. I chose to live it. But tired of living it with this ED. Implant surgery done on May 9th 2023 with Dr Clavelle

Old Guy

Re: Implanted | Clavelle | the good, the bad and the ingoing

Postby Old Guy » Fri May 12, 2023 3:50 pm

Congrats and welcome to bionics. That surgery is a tough one, lots of pain for some. Glad you were able to learn things here at FT before your implant. I wasn't so lucky, didn't find it until 5 months after.
I think most all high volume implant docs seem like slice and dice assembly line places. The staff is usually very good, but the doc spends very little time one on one. Hustling patients out asap is the norm if they are over-booked. (or if it's Friday afternoon!) With a 12 hour flight hope you don't have to come back and see that doc again!
Now it's just patience. Six weeks will go by fast, even though it will seem to take forever. Use all the methods you have to keep pain free, relaxed and wait it out. Best of luck.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Jage64

Postby Jage64 » Fri May 12, 2023 4:26 pm

Good report Zenmasterdj, glad to hear you're back home and the flight went well.

I had somewhat the same experience you did, I met with Dr. Clavell for my consultation via telemed, decided to have the surgery, booked it, flew to Houston, showed up in the pre-op room ready to go and met him in person for the first time about 30 minutes before my surgery for 5 minutes. I never laid eyes on him again in person.

At first I sort of thought the way you did, that maybe he should have pulled up a chair after surgery and allowed me to pour my heart out to him, express all my hopes and fears, bare my soul, hold me as I recuperated... ;)

Then I realized I didn't really care about that stuff, I can text him with any questions and he'll get right back to me. He did, he does. I've sent pictures of my recovering genitalia (first time I've ever shared that with another man) and he gives me the professional opinion I'm looking for. My insurance alternative would have been a urologist through Kaiser Permanente, there ain't no way I'm texting that doc after the surgery and getting any kind of a reply, I'd have to make an appointment 3 days out!

You can't ice too much, keep your junk frozen :shock:
I'm looking forward to hearing your reports.
2/22/23 AMS 700 CX 21cm + 1.5cm RTEs. 58 yrs old, wife of 37 yrs. Penoscrotal. 100ml Conceal reservoir. Dr. Clavell. Pills failing and went right to implant, skipped the injections. 12 mos. later: 7 1/2" x 5 3/4"

frank66665

Postby frank66665 » Fri May 12, 2023 6:04 pm

congratulations Zenmasterdj and get well soon, if you talk like what you write if I were your wife I would divorce :lol: :lol: :lol: joke
56, ED since 2010, pills work but not always and well, trt in progress improved but not so much, myocardial infarction january 2016, new stent september 2016, hypertension, venous on 1/23/23 titan one touch 22, no rte dottor Gabriele Antonini Italia

SWorks17

Postby SWorks17 » Fri May 12, 2023 8:38 pm

Congratulations Zenmasterdj :!: :!: :!:

Welcome to the Bionic Brotherhood :!:

I wish I would have kept a journal like you are doing, I can remember a lot, but I'm sure I could help more Frank Talk brothers, if I would have documented it.

I'm glad you had a safe trip home

I know we will hear more from you in the weeks to come, and we hope that it will all be good :!:
Age 66, Garden Ridge Texas, Progressive ED after Boston Scientific Rezum procedure for benign enlarged prostate 19 May 21, AMS LGX 18 w 3cm rear tips installed 5 Nov 2021 by Dr Shane Barney, Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, Married 35 years

ThailandBound

Postby ThailandBound » Fri May 12, 2023 10:49 pm

Hey Brother

Congratulations!

I know you mean. Doc C is a charmer on his youtube channel, but in reality he’s become a very busy man with these implants (5 on the day i was there) and is a man on a mission with little time for small talk.

I’m delighted with the results, but probably we’re not going to become new best buds.

How was the long flight? include that in your journal.

4 months in here. i promise, you have a lot to look forward to. These first 6 weeks kind of suck. As Jage said PACK it in ice! You’re not going to kill it. Worth it.
Active, athletic 63 years old. Sexually, still 33 in my mind and spirit. Pills and injections all worked, until they didn’t. Diagnosed with veinous leakage in 2022. Coloplast Titan. 22 CM. No RTE. Peno-scrotal. Implanted 1/4/23. Dr. Clavell.

Zenmasterdj

Postby Zenmasterdj » Fri May 12, 2023 11:05 pm

ThailandBound wrote:Hey Brother

Congratulations!

I know you mean. Doc C is a charmer on his youtube channel, but in reality he’s become a very busy man with these implants (5 on the day i was there) and is a man on a mission with little time for small talk.

I’m delighted with the results, but probably we’re not going to become new best buds.

How was the long flight? include that in your journal.

4 months in here. i promise, you have a lot to look forward to. These first 6 weeks kind of suck. As Jage said PACK it in ice! You’re not going to kill it. Worth it.

I actually got.home last night. Final destination was Angeles City Philippines. 22 hours total travel. Honestly sore as hell, but to be expected. It's only 5 days out.

Ice if definitely my bear friend right now. :)
52. Lived in Miami for 19 years, Pattaya Thailand for 5 and now living in Angeles City, Philippines.

We get one life. I chose to live it. But tired of living it with this ED. Implant surgery done on May 9th 2023 with Dr Clavelle

Zenmasterdj

Postby Zenmasterdj » Fri May 12, 2023 11:09 pm

[quote="

I wish I would have kept a journal like you are doing, I can remember a lot, but I'm sure I could help more Frank Talk brothers, if I would have documented ir :!:[/quote]

Yeah. I saw a few of the other guys do it and I thought it was very helpful to me. So I thought I would try to do it as best I could along the way and maybe it'll help somebody else.

Again, my experience is my own and I'm not trying to influence anybody. Just trying to tell you all the good and the bad that happens along the way. I'm sure there will be both. That's life :)

Zenmasterdj

Re: Implanted | Clavelle | the good, the bad and the ongoing

Postby Zenmasterdj » Fri May 12, 2023 11:15 pm

Day 5

I'm home now.

Long flight

Odd thing is happening ; I swear my cock is getting smaller each day.

It's less hard and kinda hooking towards the front. Maybe it is just the swelling or maybe it was because I didn't push it up on my stomach to travel (impossible for me).

I'm sure it is nothing. Probably just paranoia.

Discomfort is still there. Woke up today and Mr girlfriend spent two hours alternating ice on my balls a s cock

It's going to be back in the Philippines. Lol

Jage64

Re: Implanted | Clavelle | the good, the bad and the ongoing

Postby Jage64 » Sat May 13, 2023 12:25 am

..and don't forget to update your signature. ;)
2/22/23 AMS 700 CX 21cm + 1.5cm RTEs. 58 yrs old, wife of 37 yrs. Penoscrotal. 100ml Conceal reservoir. Dr. Clavell. Pills failing and went right to implant, skipped the injections. 12 mos. later: 7 1/2" x 5 3/4"

Return to “Implants”