Broken IPP going on 1 year now.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Pamen116

Broken IPP going on 1 year now.

Postby Pamen116 » Wed May 10, 2023 3:46 pm

I don't have any key take aways off the top other than seeing how everything we do is in direct relationship to attract a mate.

Sure exercise, education, work are great pursuits, but at the end of the day these are not the means to the end. Most of us pursue these instinctually by nature to be successful in the competitive hierarchy of society. The better looking, wealthier, or smarter you are the easier it is to attract and provide.

Over the last year since my IPP broke I've notice a great decline in:
-mental and physical health
-social interactions
-motivation and discipline
-encouragement and happiness

Why I ask?
*No sure future of an implant is no sure future of a mate, which means no reason to work, diet and learn.

Either way..
I'm in the acknowledgement and acceptance phase at the moment. Dreading loss of size, and more revisions down the road. I'm only 30, how much more will I have to go through?

Who knows. Just venting here, no need for a response.

To anyone reading this who is at an all time low, who's grown ghost in family/friend interaction, lost jobs and major opportunities due to the mental weight of impotence taking over; you're not alone.

Life's like a bicycle, the only way to be balanced is to keep peddling.
30 yrs old. Current IPP failed in 2022. Waiting revision. No insurance. I’ve had both Titan & AMS.

ShouldIwait

Re: Broken IPP going on 1 year now.

Postby ShouldIwait » Wed May 10, 2023 4:42 pm

I feel for you. I've now had 3 surgeries in less than a year AND STILL would do it again because it is great when it worked. I am fortunate to have insurance and the ability to have mine corrected. Sorry my bionic brother :(
57, ED 10-15 years. Pills, Bi, Tri then Quad Mix Injections- all slowly less effective. IPP July 2022 (Penscrotal, Titan, 22 + 1) @6mo back to OEM--7.2"L x 5.5"w

woodturner

Postby woodturner » Tue May 16, 2023 10:23 pm

I've had 3 implant surgeries over the last 5 months. Looking back there is no doubt in my mind that I would do it again to achieve the implant goal.
Total ED since a 6/2010 RPA. Pills and injections didn't work. 2nd revision with a Coloplast Titan (24CM w & 2CM RTEs)on 12/15/2022. 68 years old

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue May 16, 2023 10:45 pm

Pamen116 wrote:I don't have any key take aways off the top other than seeing how everything we do is in direct relationship to attract a mate.

Sure exercise, education, work are great pursuits, but at the end of the day these are not the means to the end. Most of us pursue these instinctually by nature to be successful in the competitive hierarchy of society. The better looking, wealthier, or smarter you are the easier it is to attract and provide.

Over the last year since my IPP broke I've notice a great decline in:
-mental and physical health
-social interactions
-motivation and discipline
-encouragement and happiness

Why I ask?
*No sure future of an implant is no sure future of a mate, which means no reason to work, diet and learn.

Either way..
I'm in the acknowledgement and acceptance phase at the moment. Dreading loss of size, and more revisions down the road. I'm only 30, how much more will I have to go through?

Who knows. Just venting here, no need for a response.

To anyone reading this who is at an all time low, who's grown ghost in family/friend interaction, lost jobs and major opportunities due to the mental weight of impotence taking over; you're not alone.

Life's like a bicycle, the only way to be balanced is to keep peddling.

It is true what you say about the biological imperative to find a mate driving life's activities. Yet, it is also true that, since we have evolved to be social animals, even those individuals no longer of reproductive value do have value to the society (and its perpetuation of species). Whether the entire society or smaller groups such as clans or immediate family, individual members can and do contribute and therefore have value.

I know you probably do not want to hear that. Loss of one's (supposed) virility is a blow to one's self-esteem. But it does not have to be so. Your value to society or to a mate is not totally dependent on your genes. The content of your character is valuable. Develop that, and even a life mate may find herself attracted to you.

In the meantime, keep up hope that a revision (or other solution) may come down the pike to you. Toward that end, keep exercising your non-working penis with a VED (vacuum erection device) which will maintain tissue health, elasticity and size.

So, I say to you that I disagree with your premise *No sure future of an implant is no sure future of a mate, which means no reason to work, diet and learn." You have plenty of reason to work diet, exercise, learn, grow and attract friends (both potential mates and otherwise).

We all go through periods of hopelessness. Friends can help you through those periods. (And you, in turn, can help others who may benefit from your support as well; "Pay it forward".)

You are young and can turn almost any situation around. You have time. You can plan a course of action, even if the pathway is obscured by doubt and uncertainty. No one can predict just when the clouds will part and a beam of sunlight cast itself upon you. It CAN HAPPEN. Especially if you prepare yourself for it-even if you do not believe it can happen.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Entourage

Postby Entourage » Tue May 16, 2023 11:44 pm

Hello
I know your going through a lot. Right when my PFS started I lost everything I was so down nothing cheered me up. I lost relationships,Friendships and everything. Could you tell us more about your doctor and where you live. Most good surgeons get you directed with good Insurance agencies. and since yours failed before 3 years im sure your device will not be charged. I know going under the knife is just too painful. You can go for a malleable from the same surgeon till you decide on the implant. We all FT brothers are here for you with any assistance you need. Just be open here and lets all come forward for you. Again sometimes we forget the power of uniting all together because only we know what hardship we went thought or still going through.

I pray for you
be strong and lets figure this out.
Let me know I can contact insurance agencies on your behalf.
26 years old
PFS- HF/LF for 3 years
Implanted titan May 2nd
DR.Clavell

Return to “Implants”