Is 24k reasonable for an implant (consultation with Antonini)

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
JH1982

Is 24k reasonable for an implant (consultation with Antonini)

Postby JH1982 » Fri May 05, 2023 8:08 am

Hi guys I had a consultation with Antonini in Italy and I was quoted 24k.

I have some concerns about the consultation. So I would like to hear the opinion of some of you who has gone through more consultations and has more experience with that

1) the price: 24k seems very high.

I’m not sure that it’s justified. He seems to be the best in Europe but I still wonder if, most of the time, going to him or to another surgeon will make any difference.

Antonini justified the price telling me that 13,5 is for the implant and the rest goes to him, facility anestesia

However my understanding is that you can get this surgery for around 15-20k (if not less in other countries)

2) I’m a “grower”. In terms of length he told me that this is how you see how long the penis will be when inflated by the implant

You grab the gland of your penis when flaccid. You stretch it almost to break it. And that’s the final length.

I think that, compared to my normal erection (or at least the one I had) I will definitely loose some size.

While he told me that the width will be exactly the same.

To be honest I’m quite concerned to shorten my penis.

He told me that there is absolutely nothing that can be done to “make it longer” otherwise the implant would injury the gland.

In his opinion in the hands of an inexperienced surgeon it can get shorter but no one in the world can “size me up” (I guess is the jargon to say “make me longer”)

I feel a bit blocked by this

3) he sounded overly confident. While this is in a way a good thing I know friends who, having other surgeries in the past, had issues with overly confident surgeons.

So I don’t know if this could be an issue or not

4) he proposed to make me talk with some patients as I was concerned about sensitivity.

While this is great and I know that most surgeons (at least in other fields) don’t do it,, of course I would only speak with the happy patients so I don’t know how much this would help practically.

5) I asked him about Regicom.

The reason why I was interested is the lifetime guarantee and the fact that I’m 40.

He told me that while you can save a bit of money with Regicom is nothing substantial

At the same time he didn’t recommend it.

He says that at the moment there is no long term literature so he would just put it in a 70 years old patient.

While I do understand that there is some rationale in this…. Implanting that implant only on a 70 years old patient kind of kills the purpose of the lifetime guarantee

6) he told me that the other implants are guaranteed only 5 years.

I thought they had a 10 years guarantee

To be honest having only a 5 years guarantee is quite concerning. I feel like is too short. Expecially considering my young age

7) I asked him precisely why 10/15% of patients seem to be dissatisfied with implants.

He told me that the main reason is that they had them with the national health service and they didn’t understand the pros and cons of the surgery.

I’m not sure about that. I feel like maybe he was trying not to describe to me the worse case scenarios not to scare the shit out of me.

I guess that if surgeons told you everything nobody would get surgery.

But at the same time, the unknown scares me even more.

8) I asked him about the infection rate.

He told me that in literature is 2,5%. But he never personally had a case. I wonder if this can be true

9) I asked him the risks of having multiple surgeries.

Being young is a concrete possibility for me.

He told me that if the implant gets infected then it can be tricky.

If it just fails then there is no issue.

I wonder if this can be true.

To me it seems logical that keep insulting the erectile tissue every time that you change the implant might create issues.

10) he seems (and I was expecting that) to find the technique he learned from Perito superior.

And passing from the scrotum barbaric.

However I heard some of you here telling that

- while passing from the scrotum has a higher infection rate
- won’t have implications on the sensitivity

11) another thing that made me wonder is that, after paying, you can get surgery in 7-8 days

While this is great in a way… I was though expecting a longer waiting list considering the amount of surgeries that he does.

I don’t think though that this should be a concern as he told me that the surgery lasts 15 minutes so I guess that it is easy to squeeze one more patient in the same day

I would love to hear thought of people who
- went through more consultations (this was my first one)
- and are already implanted

To be honest the amount of money he is asking is blocking me a bit. I’m not going to lie. It’s a big amount of money.

Expecially given that it will most likely not be my last surgery.

If I could take drugs honestly I wouldn’t even consider it but I can’t.

Fran4524

Re: Is 24k reasonable for an implant (consultation with Antonini)

Postby Fran4524 » Fri May 05, 2023 9:15 am

Only 5 years of guarantee???? That is crazy…
-Erection problems since 4 years
-I did jelqs and it is posible I injuried, but I hace to say that ED episodes began before I did jelq.
-Having sex with 30mg of tadalafilo

Hillywilly

Postby Hillywilly » Fri May 05, 2023 10:40 am

JH1982 wrote:Hi guys I had a consultation with Antonini in Italy and I was quoted 24k.

I have some concerns about the consultation. So I would like to hear the opinion of some of you who has gone through more consultations and has more experience with that

I’m not sure that it’s justified. He seems to be the best in Europe but I still wonder if, most of the time, going to him or to another surgeon will make any difference.

Antonini justified the price telling me that 13,5 is for the implant and the rest goes to him, facility anestesia

However my understanding is that you can get this surgery for around 15-20k (if not less in other countries)

2) I’m a “grower”. In terms of length he told me that this is how you see how long the penis will be when inflated by the implant

You grab the gland of your penis when flaccid. You stretch it almost to break it. And that’s the final length.

I think that, compared to my normal erection (or at least the one I had) I will definitely loose some size.

He told me that there is absolutely nothing that can be done to “make it longer” otherwise the implant would injury the gland.

In his opinion in the hands of an inexperienced surgeon it can get shorter but no one in the world can “size me up” (I guess is the jargon to say “make me longer”)

3) he sounded overly confident. While this is in a way a good thing I know friends who, having other surgeries in the past, had issues with overly confident surgeons.

4) he proposed to make me talk with some patients as I was concerned about sensitivity.

While this is great and I know that most surgeons (at least in other fields) don’t do it,, of course I would only speak with the happy patients so I don’t know how much this would help practically.

The reason why I was interested is the lifetime guarantee and the fact that I’m 40.

He told me that while you can save a bit of money with Regicom is nothing substantial

He says that at the moment there is no long term literature so he would just put it in a 70 years old patient.

While I do understand that there is some rationale in this…. Implanting that implant only on a 70 years old patient kind of kills the purpose of the lifetime guarantee

To be honest having only a 5 years guarantee is quite concerning. I feel like is too short. Expecially considering my young age

7) I asked him precisely why 10/15% of patients seem to be dissatisfied with implants.

He told me that the main reason is that they had them with the national health service and they didn’t understand the pros and cons of the surgery.

I’m not sure about that. I feel like maybe he was trying not to describe to me the worse case scenarios not to scare the shit out of me.

He told me that in literature is 2,5%. But he never personally had a case. I wonder if this can be true

To me it seems logical that keep insulting the erectile tissue every time that you change the implant might create issues.

10) he seems (and I was expecting that) to find the technique he learned from Perito superior.

11) another thing that made me wonder is that, after paying, you can get surgery in 7-8 days

While this is great in a way… I was though expecting a longer waiting list considering the amount of surgeries that he does.

I don’t think though that this should be a concern as he told me that the surgery lasts 15 minutes so I guess that it is easy to squeeze one more patient in the same day

To be honest the amount of money he is asking is blocking me a bit. I’m not going to lie. It’s a big amount of money.

Jage, find a new surgeon. Hakky does penile lengthing and is one of the best IPP surgeons in the world
https://atlantacosmeticurology.com/serv ... atlanta-ga

Clavell also does a lenthing procedure and is one of the best in the world
https://houstonmenshealth.com/procedure ... lloplasty/

There are two types of urologists
1) only care about function and length
2) Care about function length appearance,etc

Both of the surgeons I mentioned are about 4k cheaper than Antonini although you must travel as i assume you are in italy. Antoni may be confident but he may also be wrong it looks like these procedures do lengthen the penis or at the least the perception of it being longer. further the implant is a tissue expander and over time will stretch your tissue and so will things like VED.

I will caution you that mine and I think a lot of guys looks a lot smaller right out of surgery as the penis retracts onto the IPP I believe in an attempt to protect itself from injury. As you recovery it starts to relax again.
33 HG deformity now Titan OTR 24cm XL + 1 cm RTE's Length 7.25in/ Girth 6in (midshaft) Dr. Hakky 4/4/23

Bwtbbb

Postby Bwtbbb » Fri May 05, 2023 12:16 pm

I wouldn't do an infra-pubic implant even if they paid me 24k

crazyjoe

Postby crazyjoe » Fri May 05, 2023 12:43 pm

wait, wait -- a 15 min implant surgery??? holy cow -- that sounds half-assed -- mine took 2.5 hours though I had a lot of scarring, but still. Also agree that penoscrotal is preferable, though I realize that is debatable. All I know is that I had nearly instant healing and a great implant. So, come to the states! :)
75, used pills, injections -- all lost effectiveness. Titan implanted by Eid in Feb '22.

Frenchie

Postby Frenchie » Fri May 05, 2023 1:50 pm

JH1982 wrote:Hi guys I had a consultation with Antonini in Italy and I was quoted 24k.

The best surgeons in Europe are Osmonov(Germany) or Ralph(UK) and another guy in Belgium that I dont remember the name. I guess they are all cheaper.
Antonini while a good surgeon, seems way too comercial to me and overconfident just like Perito. For 24k you can go to USA and have it done by Dr.Clavell who has a lot of experience with foreign patients and does a nerve block to leave you painless for your flight back.
Venous like since I was 20 years old. Pills don't work too well. Thinking of implant in the future

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Sat May 06, 2023 3:09 pm

24K US $ ( 21.8K uro) is what I paid a little over 5 years ago for the surgery. Add in air travel and hotel for me as well as meals and other medical tests at home for surgery certificate and I was in this ball park price wise. In the US there are many doctors that charge more. Eid, Perito, and R. Valenzuela to name a few. There are doctors that are less though. As was posted some really good ones closer to you.

I was a grower also. Unless you are having enlargement surgery along with your implant you are just looking for a doctor who sizes aggressively to reduce or avoid size loss. After the surgery you will be more of a shower depending on the device that is used. The implant surgery can cause size loss with a conservative sizing doctor but a over sized device will not make you bigger it will only cause problems.

For the best doctors this really seems to come with them. Just like a pro sports best they are at time arrogant. Some hide it better than others. They are by definition this way.

I would do this with any doctor you decide on. I would also do search on this site for him and see what has been posted on him in the past. As a bit to do with the above no doctor is perfect. They like to think they are but every doctors will have cases with problems. So looking for a perfect doctor is unreasonable. You are looking to increase your chances for a very good out come and reduce you chances for problems. There is still a risk though no matter who you go to.

I have no information on Rigecon. As far as warranty in the US it seems that unless you are given a warranty certificate from the manufacturer at the time of the surgery you are pretty much out of luck. I was not given one nor have I read where anyone has. Some Doctors will provide a warranty and deal with the manufacturer and there is a company called Surgeo that has a 3rd party insurance policy for the 1st year after surgery. One thing to consider is you want to be on the same page with your doctor on the device used. I would think the doctor will do his/hers best work using the device they think is best.

I have read that stated warranty is different outside the US. As posted above and in other treads in the US the warranty posted on web sites is not binding and court cases have failed to result in holding the manufacturer to those claims. So if you get 5 years that is better than nothing men get in the US. The question is if.

This is a complex issue. Satisfaction rate is higher with better doctors. It also has to do with the man. Nothing worked for me. Not injections or oral meds. This surgery does not restore natural function. It dose give a man a way to have an erection. Not the same as natural but a great improvement over nothing. My local doctors were all low volume doctors and none of them were even skilled enough to do revision or replacement surgery. Those are more difficult for the surgeon and what you need to look for when looking for a doctor. The doctors who are high volume and do revision and replacement surgery have a higher satisfaction rate. But most of the surgeries are done by lower volume surgeons (the national health service doctors).

I would say very unlikely that he has not had an infection. All the doctors in the US have an infection rate.
The best just have a much lower rate.

The infection rate is slightly higher for revision or replacement surgery than for the first. One reason I have seen published is that some diabetic men have a large amount of bacteria in the biofilm that surrounds all the components of the device. Cylinders, tubing, pump, and reservoir. While locked inside the biofilm they are sealed and cause no harm. When this is ruptured with removing the components it is a cause for infection. The number was just under 50% of diabetic men. How many non diabetic men have this or other reasons I do not know. But this requires a wash out for this. For my repair my doctor did cultures of the fluid around the pump. tubing, and cylinder that was remover and then placed back in. All cultures were negative. The really good doctors can even remove an infect device and replace it with another inflatable in some cases. And the lower end doctors just remove the infected device and put nothing in. If the infection is really bad and not caught in time even very good doctors may not be able to even place a malleable in. These case have a lot of scar tissue and will cause loss of size. If this does happen with a younger man there is time that over the years and additional replacement surgeries that the scar tissue can be reduced and some of the lost size restored.

Sensitivity issues happen with both Penoscrotal and Infrapubic. There is a nerve bundle to avoid with Infrapubic. This is not a problem for a high volume good doctor though. I had Penoscrotal approach and had some loss of sensitivity. It returned after a year or so. Not all at once but after a few months slowly. Penoscrotal has been said to be best for pump placement and Infrapubic best for reservoir placement. There are other things to consider in scars if you shave or do hair removal. The tubing for the cylinders exit at the corporotomy. So this means they will exit at the top or at the bottom. Really good doctors are good at hiding this. As far is preventing infection with Penoscrotal Eid uses surgical glue to seal the opening in the skin. Nothing can get in so the risk is less than Infrapubic without using surgical glue. So like the different devices there are good and not as good points to each.

The 15 minute thing is not new. My doctor, Perito, and others have been quoted on this. The idea is the less time you are open in surgery the less chance of infection. The prep time and post op time is much more though. Self pay can be fast as there is no insurance to deal with. And surgery certificate will differ also with age and health conditions.

I am a big supporter of local care. I always say start local looking for a very good doctor. Some problems post implant can be resolved with an office visit. Very difficult if you are thousands of miles away. Ask if the doctor does revisions or replacement surgery and if the doctor says no ask where they send men for this and that is where I would go next. I also favor a doctor that is not a one brand only doctor. I think that there are devices that are best for some men and not others. I had size loss from years of untreated ED. I think the LGX is best for that. The Titan is best for men with damage as the stiffer walls are best at correcting that. If you determine what device is best for you then you can go to a doctor that uses only that brand. I guess this would be part of the satisfaction question above. Take your time and start local and expand your search. You have been given some other options closer to home than in the US. Find the best doctor you can afford. If Antonini was local to me I would really consider him. But I would need to ask him about being a Titan only doctor and the paper he did about maintaining size with every man receiving a LGX. https://irp-cdn.multiscreensite.com/d88 ... action.pdf This is another publication that is worth the read on case volume of doctors and how they relate to infection rate, reoperation rate, and device longevity. https://www.garber-online.com/pdf/Highe ... ctions.pdf
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

ffranco86

Postby ffranco86 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:56 am

Hi, I had surgery with Dr. Antonini on the 19th of June. I am 47 years old.
This is the first time I am writing in this forum, and I will provide a full report because I believe it can help others. Anyway, I would like to share my personal experience so far because, even for a surgery, it has been a very positive one, and people should be aware of Dr. Antonini and his team's capabilities. Here are some points I want to highlight:

Point 1: I cannot speak about money as I do not put a price tag on health. In my personal opinion, if you need something, you will always find a way to afford it.

Point 2: I had the same concern about length, but the length I obtained is exactly as described - "You stretch it almost to break it. And that's the final length." To be 100% clear, in my case, it's around 0.5 cm more due to the arousal of the gland. I asked about an AMS LGX, and the surgeon advised me to go for a Titan because of its firmness. I cannot thank him enough. Remember, in life, there's always a trade-off. I traded some length for functionality, but in my case, it really paid off.

Point 3: You are right; it may sound overconfident. When I work, I may sound overconfident too. However, the reality, at least based on my experience so far, is that he is not overconfident. He just knows what he is doing. I don't trust many people, especially doctors, and I doubt everything, even myself. But every single words the doctor said to me has become a reality. I am now 4 weeks after surgery, and the entire experience has been painless. The glands enlargement happened the day after my surgery (Morning), there is no difference in sensitivity in any way. I had sex after 23 days (my choice; it could have happened sooner) without any pain whatsoever. I would also like to add that his staff and the facility were fantastic, making the whole experience very easy. I would also advise being followed by Enrico as an assistant if you decide to go with Dr. Antonini, as his help and tips are priceless.
Enrico is also a great person, somebody you will remember for life.

Point 4: I have already answered this. There is no difference in sensitivity whatsoever.

Point 5: N/A
Point 6: N/A

Point 7: Personally, after 4 weeks, I can tell you that I am a person with high expectations, and I only go for the best. Rarely in life has someone surpassed my expectations, and I am 47 years old. In this case, Dr. Antonini and his team have exceeded my expectations.

Point 8: I do not know the exact infection rate, but the protocol Dr. Antonini follows seems to be a lot stricter than what other doctors follow. I would say incredible strict.

Point 9: N/A

Point 10: I chose him because of his technique. The surgery is shorter, and you leave inflated. There is no pain when inflating by yourself, even from day 1 (Day 1 is when you get deflated for the first time, after 1 week). The scar is not visible because it is hidden when the penis is erected. The surgery is shorter (less infection risk), and the incision is in a painless position.

Point 11: I had to wait 2 months for mine! Additionally, there are some pre-requirements in terms of the process and general tests that will take a lot more than 8 days.
Hope this helps. I will write a journal soon.

I would also like to add a personal note. I have a keen understanding of greatness, and in my opinion, Dr. Antonini is a true genius surrounded by an incredible team. I will share what I told him, 'I am usually very good at making choices, but this time, I felt like I won a lottery.

Please feel free to DM me for more info.

Oldboy

Postby Oldboy » Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:37 am

Karaman in Istanbul di implant Rigicon Infla.
Life guarantee
Less than half of Antonini price

atul21

Postby atul21 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:31 am

For that amount I would get it done in the US. Or explore Turkey to reduce cost
41 yr old from India, Ed since many years
Coloplast Titan 22 cms one touch pump no rte; implanted by Dr. Billy Cordon in Miami on 02-March-2023. Found Dr. Cordon on reco from Dr. Eid after he fell sick.
Happy to help!
My Journal- click here

Return to “Implants”