Cycling not to 100 Percent

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Tokyo_123

Cycling not to 100 Percent

Postby Tokyo_123 » Wed May 03, 2023 2:11 am

Back when I was in college, while in my dorm room had a bicycle and inflated the tire to the 100% max. Then tire exploded right in front of my face ... BOOM !! Of course, everyone in the room laughed as I just stared blankly at the tire, completely stunned.

Like my bike tire, car tires, etc. I rarely if ever inflate (cycle) my Titan to 100 percent. In the back of my mind, I still remember that explosion of my bicycle tire. The Titan is, of course, a mechanical device. And like all mechanical devices will have problems when pushed too often to their limits. I've read on this forum that the pumps can leak. Also, I can penetrate after even pumping at 70% or 80%, so I do not understand the point of pushing the mechanical device to the limit.

I do not know, but guessing that if you cycle to 100%, that you are limiting the lifespan of your mechanical friend.

Others agree? Disagree?

Edit: Apologies for ambiguity here. I did not mean to imply that the cylinders would actually burst. However, all it takes is a pinhole leak in either the pump or tubular attachments, and the entire unit will need to be replaced.
Last edited by Tokyo_123 on Fri May 05, 2023 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Venous Leakage (which I believe caused by my overuse of the Bathmate VED)

Dr. Clavell, August, 2022. Titan One-Touch, 24cm XL cylinders and trimmed off 0.5cm

advaita

Re: Cycling not to 100 Percent

Postby advaita » Wed May 03, 2023 2:17 am

I completely agree.
I only see some use in pumping up to 100% to regain size, especially in the year after surgery. But for the rest, and especially for the reports, 70% is enough.
France - 67 - implanted: November 2021 - AMS 700 CX

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed May 03, 2023 3:28 am

Check with the manufacturer on this, but there is likely a relief valve to relieve pressure above the pressure that would cause a catastrophic blowout of the type that haunts you.

Remember also that that bicycle tire was filled with air, which is compressible and the explosion of escaping air was a lot more dramatic than what would happen with a liquid. Blow up a balloon to failure with air and it fails with a loud pop. Blow up a balloon to failure and it fails with a splash. If you inflated your implant with air to failure it would be REALLY painfully catastrophic. Blow up your implant to sudden failure and it will be painful, but extremely unlikely to actually tear penile tissue.

When they pressure test SCUBA tanks and other D.O.T. certified pressure bottles/tanks they test them with water. If the tank/bottle fails, it cracks open like a dropped watermelon, nothing more violent than than. If they tested it with air, cracking open would result in an explosion that could collapse a building.

I read one report of one man (on FrankTalk) whose implant had a sudden failure. Sorry, I don't have a link to his story. He wrote that he had an extreme burning sensation and a bulge in his penis (as I recall) that subsided within hours. Subsequent implantation with a replacement was routine.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Livingstonguy

Postby Livingstonguy » Wed May 03, 2023 8:01 am

Just to be safe I'd keep my face away from my implant while inflating. Just in case! LOL
Implanted 12/22/2022 AMS 700cx 21cm with 1 cm RTE at St Thomas midtown in Nashville
Livingston, TN (BFE)
60 years old Prostate cancer at 58 with RP at Vanderbilt

Married 40 years to my best friend

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Wed May 03, 2023 9:05 am

My guess is that bicycle tire was old, possibly some dry rot. You really have to exceed the max limit by a lot to make a new tire pop. Have to say I've never tried to over-inflate my implant, but usually pump it until the bulb won't go anymore.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Oldboy

Postby Oldboy » Wed May 03, 2023 9:46 am

advaita wrote:I completely agree.
I only see some use in pumping up to 100% to regain size, especially in the year after surgery. But for the rest, and especially for the reports, 70% is enough.

Where did you have your implant? What doctor?

advaita

Postby advaita » Wed May 03, 2023 9:49 am

. In PM.
France - 67 - implanted: November 2021 - AMS 700 CX

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Wed May 03, 2023 6:18 pm

Bike tires are cheaply made. Most likely it stretched until the tires bead grew larger than the rim. Race cars have had a similar issue with centrifugal forces stretching tires off of rims.
In about the first year of my FT membership there was a discussion on the pressures that an implant bulb could create. This was related to a commonly posted study that showed implants tested to 20psi. Some member smarter than me did the calculations on the bulb output & hand strength. It seems that 20psi is about the max that a hand operated bulb of these sizes can produce.
Give the engineers some credit. The system is designed about the best that can be done. I highly doubt that you can burst it by hand pumping.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

ThailandBound

Postby ThailandBound » Wed May 03, 2023 7:32 pm

Hey Tokyo. Good to hear from you.

I've given some thought to the topic you've brought up. I can see your point. Drive a car at 100% rpm all the time and the engine life is not that as that if you'd driven around at 60-70%. And who really needs to drive at 100% all the time? These days i'm pumping up to 100% because i still consider myself in the cycling (ie. rehab) stage and trying to insure maximum length. Even then, I only keep it there for about 20-30 minutes. For sex, 80%+ seems to work pretty good.

But i'm also mindful of Dr. Perito's videos in which he demonstrates the famous "Perito Exercises". In the video he instructs to pump up to max inflation, stretch the penis in every direction, and then pump up to the maximum number of squeezes possible. It seems that if increased risk of system failure were an issue he probably wouldn't recommend that. I don't know. Just sayin'
Active, athletic 63 years old. Sexually, still 33 in my mind and spirit. Pills and injections all worked, until they didn’t. Diagnosed with veinous leakage in 2022. Coloplast Titan. 22 CM. No RTE. Peno-scrotal. Implanted 1/4/23. Dr. Clavell.

Jage64

Postby Jage64 » Wed May 03, 2023 7:44 pm

Disagree. This little bulb will not generate the pressure needed to burst the cylinders or lines. If a connection is faulty, then maybe so, but that’s probably a matter of time anyway.

Inflating to max does a couple of things, it stretches your tissue to become larger and also forces the cylinders to stretch and become larger and more supple. Both of these are of importance to implantees. With hundreds of thousands IPPs deployed across the world, if maximum pumping was shown to be an issue, it would quickly be corrected.

There’s no wrong answer in how you operate your implant, if 80% makes sense to you then that’s what you do. I’ll be pumping to max, especially during this first year, as often as I’m able to.

Might be a good question to ask your doctor. Then let us know what he says.
2/22/23 AMS 700 CX 21cm + 1.5cm RTEs. 58 yrs old, wife of 37 yrs. Penoscrotal. 100ml Conceal reservoir. Dr. Clavell. Pills failing and went right to implant, skipped the injections. 12 mos. later: 7 1/2" x 5 3/4"

Return to “Implants”