Questions about Recreational Activities/Personal Concerns?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
SuthrnGentleman

Questions about Recreational Activities/Personal Concerns?

Postby SuthrnGentleman » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:30 pm

1) I have heard that anything placed within a vessel becomes a permanent property of that vessel. With that being said, a Coloplast Titan OTR IPP has 3 chambers that at one point will have to contract or expand depending on its use at the appropriate time. That being said, I have a query that I would like some help with. I am an avid scuba diver, and do not plan on giving up the sport any time soon. What affect if any, would the change in atmospheric pressure have on an implant such as the Coloplast Titan OTR IPP?
2) I have read much material about the design specifications of the Coloplast Titan OTR IPP and understand that the cylinder circumference is 21cm+. However, I have not been able to find any documentation that states the initial length of each cylinder available prior to implantation. As most of us are aware, the urologist will usually tell us that we may not be as long as we used to be after the surgery but it will be adequate for a satisfactory performance. My current length depending on environmental issues has been between 9.0 and 10.25 inches. I am concerned about how much loss in length can be expected so as to reduce the initial shock later after surgery?
Listen with your eyes, See with your heart, Love with your hands!

Bionic_by_AMS

Re: Questions about Recreational Activities/Personal Concerns?

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:24 pm

SuthrnGentleman wrote:What affect if any, would the change in atmospheric pressure have on an implant such as the Coloplast Titan OTR IPP?

None ... "patients can engage in any activity including scuba diving, skydiving, bicycling, horseback riding, and wrestling"
http://www.urologicalcare.com/advanced-ed-treatments/internal-penile-pump/
specifications of the Coloplast Titan OTR IPP and understand that the cylinder circumference is 21cm+

Not "cm" but "mm" ... big difference ... the girth for the cylinders are measured in "mm" ... the length in "cm"
http://www.urologicalcare.com/advanced-ed-treatments/penile-implant-innovations/
I have not been able to find any documentation that states the initial length of each cylinder available prior to implantation.

The cylinders come in various lengths ... Titan Implants use different girth cylinders according to cylinder lengths:

14cm & 16cm length = 17mm girth
18 cm length = 21mm girth
20 cm length = 21mm girth
22 cm to 28cm length = 22mm girth (all models include kit for Rear Tip Extenders 1.0, 2.0, 3.0)

More info: http://garber-online.com/pdf/Garber_IPP_review_2008.pdf
My current length depending on environmental issues has been between 9.0 and 10.25 inches.

Your erect length is not an accurate measurement ... Most URO's use the "Flaccid Stretch Test" ... The general "rule-of-thumb" is to pull your flaccid penis straight out, as far as possible ... now look down, that is about the length size you will get from an erect Implant.

"During the implant procedure, the penis is stretched to its maximum length, and each erection chamber is measured."
http://www.garber-online.com/impotence-figures-surgical.htm
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:00 pm

If you are worried about actual girth use the circumference of a circle formula with twice the diameter of the cylinders plus a guess of 6mm for penile tissue as the diameter. The reswulting length in mm divided by 25.4 is an approximation of the girth in inches. Not exact but is should be a usable guess.

Radiodec
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

newly1

Postby newly1 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:55 pm

I would like to hear from men 75 and older who have implants. my email is okiedokie9876@gmail.com. Thanks so much.

antelope

Postby antelope » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:42 pm

I'm not in that age group myself, but my uncle had his implant installed at age 70. Ten years later, he and the inmplant both stay very busy and are both going strong. Now that's a role model!

Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

Return to “Implants”