Lifetime warranty or not?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
master1c8

Re: Lifetime warranty or not?

Postby master1c8 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:24 pm

Gt1956 wrote:
master1c8 wrote:
Rov999 wrote:I don't have insurance that covers an implant..I would have to pay for it myself..let's say the first implant fails in the first year..I pay $5,000 for the clinic and they replace it under warranty..I'm a very unfortunate person the second system fails after 2/3 years...I would find myself paying 48,000 dollars in 4 years...and where do I get all this money...it's madness

I'm sure that if you have that case they pay you just to keep it in secret :)

Please explain why they'd try to keep it a secret. Many men don't want to publicize that they have an implant. Plus generally people understand that medical things can break or wear out.
Show me a person that hasn't broken a tooth, had a dental filling fall out or broke their glasses. Things fail, the public understand that.

I live in America now, I fled Russia because of persecution. And in Russia, this operation is not covered by insurance, and its cost is about $10,000. This is crazy money for the average Russian. Patients here are divided into 2 types: either insanely rich, or people who took out a 5-year loan at incredible interest rates. Both of these types of people cannot accept the idea that there are no 100 percent guarantees in medicine
Age 33.
Have about 8 month ED, started use pills and injection but stop it
now with Coloplast Titan Touch by Dr. Menshchikov.
If you want to look at implant you can call me.

Marktheman05

Postby Marktheman05 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:54 pm

That’s what worries me about getting the implant. I’m 29 and have blue cross blue shield insurance but am very poor. If insurance don’t pay majority of the cost I couldn’t afford it

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:11 pm

master1c8 wrote:
Gt1956 wrote:
master1c8 wrote:I'm sure that if you have that case they pay you just to keep it in secret :)

Please explain why they'd try to keep it a secret. Many men don't want to publicize that they have an implant. Plus generally people understand that medical things can break or wear out.
Show me a person that hasn't broken a tooth, had a dental filling fall out or broke their glasses. Things fail, the public understand that.

I live in America now, I fled Russia because of persecution. And in Russia, this operation is not covered by insurance, and its cost is about $10,000. This is crazy money for the average Russian. Patients here are divided into 2 types: either insanely rich, or people who took out a 5-year loan at incredible interest rates. Both of these types of people cannot accept the idea that there are no 100 percent guarantees in medicine

I can accept your feelings. But I think I might of already asked this. Can you please point to any medical procedure in the USA that has any kind of a warranty for a cash pay patient. Even if its a partial warranty. That is one of several reasons that health insurance is so important. It lessens the potential financial burden on a person/family.
I entered the adult workforce at 17 years old. Married with a child. I made sure that I always worked for a company that offered health insurance. Even if I didn't like the job. I can't change the realities of American healthcare. But I saw at a very early age that friends/families that didn't have health insurance had trouble accumulating wealth many times due to health issues.
For what little this might mean to you. I married into a very large family that immigrated from Europe post WWll. They quickly understood the above issues & were able to aquire homes, cars & educations for their kids. Despite being pennyless when they arrived here.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Rider1400

Postby Rider1400 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:36 pm

Trying to remember what my Dr told me when I asked… seems he said there would be no charge for the prosthesis or any of the parts which is about half the cost of the surgery. All Dr, anesthesiologist, hospital fees would have to be paid. That would be great if they deducted it from my out of pocket cost. But sure it would t matter as I would definitely hit the max out of pocket $2200 but still a deal if it will still be covered when I eventually need a redo.
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

roninhouston

Postby roninhouston » Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:17 am

I worked with AMS rep and urologist after One AMS tube failed to deflate (after 70 months). AMS provided new tubes under warranty. The AMS rep sent my old tubes back for failure analysis. My only cost was a copay for a night in the hospital., <$300.

BTW Recovery was faster than original implants. Told my urologist I would do it again it needed. New tubes are longer, no length lost.

Happy Camper!
Bionic with AMS CX on August 14, 2015. Inflated September 15th by Dr. Robert Cornell.
Was 69 with VL
. Pre-Op VED Protocol Therapy and Post-Op VED Protocol Therapy: Pre-Op length by 6th month.

indeed

Postby indeed » Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:24 am

If cost is a big issue, there is always the option of going to turkey and getting a rigicon inflatable.
Apparently rigicon offers lifetime warranty, even in case of infection. Also surgery cost is much much lower. There is a recent post from an italian guy that got implanted by Dr. Karaman in turkey. The doctor seems experienced. I called there and the complete cost including hotel is 6500 EUR.
30 years old. Suspensory ligament repair with Dr. Ralph March 23.
20cm Titan OTR, no RTEs. Dr. Clavell - May 10, 23.

master1c8

Postby master1c8 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:13 am

indeed wrote:If cost is a big issue, there is always the option of going to turkey and getting a rigicon inflatable.
Apparently rigicon offers lifetime warranty, even in case of infection. Also surgery cost is much much lower. There is a recent post from an italian guy that got implanted by Dr. Karaman in turkey. The doctor seems experienced. I called there and the complete cost including hotel is 6500 EUR.

I don't sure, but that guy paid 9000 euro (10K dollars). Same price which I paid in Russia for Coloplast
Age 33.

indeed

Postby indeed » Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:20 am

Yes i read that. The rigicon rep on the phone quoted me 6500 though, idk why.

master1c8 wrote:
indeed wrote:If cost is a big issue, there is always the option of going to turkey and getting a rigicon inflatable.

I don't sure, but that guy paid 9000 euro (10K dollars). Same price which I paid in Russia for Coloplast
30 years old. Suspensory ligament repair with Dr. Ralph March 23.
20cm Titan OTR, no RTEs. Dr. Clavell - May 10, 23.

master1c8

Postby master1c8 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:03 am

indeed wrote:Yes i read that. The rigicon rep on the phone quoted me 6500 though, idk why.

master1c8 wrote:

In that case I think that my deal better :). But if my implant would broke I can't back to Russia in next 10 years
Age 33.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:18 am

indeed wrote:Yes i read that. The rigicon rep on the phone quoted me 6500 though, idk why.
master1c8 wrote:

Some European countries have a Value Added Tax. Basically to Americans its like sales tax. That might explain the difference quotes in prices. Depending on the country, I think there might be a VAT on medical. Where as in America, medical doesn't get sales tax.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Return to “Implants”