Had surgery 19.04.2023

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
niall4473

Re: Had surgery 19.04.2023

Postby niall4473 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:41 pm

Hi all,
Today is D+10, when does the pain start to reduce?
I have had various surgeries over the years, knee replacement, arthroscopy's, cubital tunnel, repair of a kneecap I knocked off in a motorcycle accident, an ear stitched back on after a Rugby accident, various broken bones, and without exception, after a couple of days the pain would settle down unless I moved or did something stupid that I shouldn't have. My previous experiences of chronic severe pain was my pre-op knee which was agony when I weight-bore but soon diminished once I got my foot up, and being stretched on a Stryker Frame as a kid which was excruciating when they upped the weights but even that soon reduced as I got used to the traction.
So I am not soft is what I am saying but this has got more painful as the swelling has gone down.
At the moment, I am walking around with my balls in my cupped hand because it feels as if somebody is swinging on them when I walk and my penis seems to have a housebrick inside it, I just need somebody to tell me that this is normal and will pass at some point?

Buzzer

Postby Buzzer » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:48 pm

I have a similar issue. I had surgery on 4-18-2023. My balls hurt a lot. I had a lot issues from being under prescribed for enough pain med for the first 6 days after surgery. I had a 10 out 10 pain level for the entire time. It was excruciating and I could barely move. I almost passed out from the pain several times.

Then I went to the emergency room at the request of my surgeon to verify I did not have an infection. All was OK.

They injected me with Delaudiln and that removed all the pain If course you cannot live that way. So I was initially given one 5mg of Oxycodone every 12 hours and one Extra strength Tylenol every 8 hours. This was clearly not enough. So they increased the Oxycodone to once every 4 hours and 2 regular strength Tylenol every 5 hours.

That provided enough relief to mitigate the pain. Now you will hear from others that had a very small amount of Tylenol and that was all. But we are all different.

On this new regimen of pain killers things are much better

I had severe inflammation which caused all the pain. But because of all my other meds and health constraints I can only use Tylenol. Motrin is much better at relief of Inflammation along with Ice I suggest you contact your doctor right away and figure out if there is a problem with the surgery or possible infection. If not insist on a better pain plan right away

Today after only 3 full days on this new pain med plan I feel much better and can actually move around. My inflammation has gone down a little more and it is more comfortable. As it was on Monday AM it was like I had a Tree stump down there and almost impossible to touch. If you want to talk one on one you can call me at 734-627-7610.

I think we are all different and we all have good surgeons and they are less likely to be the problem But I suspect your pain plan is poor and needs to be adjusted. Doctors have very little training in pain management or nutrition as it is not in their wheelhouse.

Bill
ED for 15 years, married 49 years, age 72, wife age 70. Tried VED and Trimix both failed. AMS CX 21 cm implant installed on 4-18-2023. There are no RTE's inserted. Dr. Yooni Blair University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI

niall4473

Postby niall4473 » Thu May 11, 2023 3:04 am

Hi All,
today is D+22, the pain has greatly reduced, and I feel much better, went to Manchester for my post-op a couple of days ago, everything has healed nicely, just one suture which is hanging on and itching.
My Surgeon says my pump is sitting too far 'North', and I need to carry on applying traction to it for another month, 2 or 3 minutes of manipulation and I can have it in the bottom of my scrotum where it is accessible, but 5 minutes of any sort of normal activity such as walking about and it is right back there.
Managed to find the deflate valve and let things down which is much, much, more comfortable now.
How goes yours?

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Thu May 11, 2023 8:55 am

niall4473 wrote:Hi All,
today is D+22, the pain has greatly reduced, and I feel much better, went to Manchester for my post-op a couple of days ago, everything has healed nicely, just one suture which is hanging on and itching.

Glad your pain has reduced. It took me a long time to feel pain free.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Sat May 13, 2023 12:31 am

MY doc had me pumped 80% for the full 4 weeks of healing. My dick burned. Could not stand anything touching it. I put a baby sock on it then a paper tube over that. Pain was not a ten. It was between 15 and give me a gun to shoot myself. Doc would not prescribe anything more than Tylenol with codeine. Not even Norco. I had some Oxy left over from a back surgery. I have a 2 person hot tube in a spa room. Soaking in 106 degree water was a huge help.Good thing I am retired because my dick was sticking straight out for 4 weeks.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

niall4473

Postby niall4473 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:34 pm

Hi all, D+50 today, just got a letter today to say that my appointment has been rescheduled for the 30th, so it will now be D+70 at the earliest before I will be allowed to try my implant out, or to know if it is even going to work.
Bollocks!

niall4473

Postby niall4473 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:59 pm

Had my post-op appointment on Friday, 10 wks since surgery.
Got the go ahead to start practicing- very underwhelmed so far , it takes both hands to compress the pump bulb and after 5 or 6 I cannot do anymore, but I haven't got anything like a proper erection at that point.
Is this normal?
The surgeon said that I need to practice and "run it in" and that it will improve both in ease and effectiveness, I could do with somebody to tell me that that is true.
My implant is a Rigicon Infla 10 AX.

Bwtbbb

Postby Bwtbbb » Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:35 pm

niall4473 wrote:Had my post-op appointment on Friday, 10 wks since surgery.
Got the go ahead to start practicing- very underwhelmed so far , it takes both hands to compress the pump bulb and after 5 or 6 I cannot do anymore, but I haven't got anything like a proper erection at that point.
Is this normal?
The surgeon said that I need to practice and "run it in" and that it will improve both in ease and effectiveness, I could do with somebody to tell me that that is true.
My implant is a Rigicon Infla 10 AX.

Were you left inflated or deflated for the 10 weeks?

niall4473

Postby niall4473 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:59 pm

Partially Inflated.

Discovernew

Postby Discovernew » Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:34 pm

Hello, i am new in this forum, i am considering doing an infla 10 AX implant in Turkey with Dr. İhsan Karaman.
But there is not much information about this particular implant.

I want to ask you how are you feeling now? It is almost 3 months since you got the implant, is it all working perfectly? how satisfied are you? and which doctor did you use? any info is super appreciated. Thank you!
Considering implant after trying everything else under the sun: Pills-Shockwave-Testosterone-PRP-Stem Cells-Botox. Etc.

Return to “Implants”