Cancer Hormone Therapy AFTER Implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
dunbar57

Cancer Hormone Therapy AFTER Implant

Postby dunbar57 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:47 pm

I got my implant last fall. My prostate cancer is back (I've already had a prostatectomy and radiation before my implant) so I'm going to have to start hormone therapy which will take my testosterone to zero.

Two questions for those of you who've gone through hormone therapy AFTER getting your implant.

1. Did you lose any size?

2. My wife of 47 years is concerned that I'm not going to desire her anymore. I'd love input from your wives/girlfriends.

Thanks guys!
66, married 40+ years. Robotic Prostatectomy with 50% of nerves spared 8/21. Cancer returned 4/22. 38 Radiation treatments. Coloplast Titan implant 20cm + 2cm with Dr. Paul Perito 10/22. Cancer is back 3/23.

whostosay

Re: Cancer Hormone Therapy AFTER Implant

Postby whostosay » Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:31 am

I never got an implant but can answer your question as the two things are unrelated. No you do not lose size when on ADT (hormone Therapy). ADT blocks the production of testosterone. Yes you will lose all of your sex drive. Sorry, it's a quality of life trade off.

Rider1400

Re: Cancer Hormone Therapy AFTER Implant

Postby Rider1400 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:47 am

No experience with your situation but size is only lost do to atrophy from not having erections occurs. Of course you should check with your Dr but already being implanted all you should need to do is pump to max several times a week to keep everything stretched out. This should stop any shrinkage. Wheather you have any desire that’s very likely but should still pump to keep size.
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

Return to “Implants”