one week since surgery

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
LM-N-TX

one week since surgery

Postby LM-N-TX » Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:07 am

I'm one week past my surgery. I guess I'm one of the lucky one and didn't have a lot of pain after surgery. The doctor said he left me pumped up 50% and when I had my follow up 3 days later he took some out. I wasn't having any pain so I stopped taking my pain meds on the 4th day. Then yesterday I started having pain behind my gland of my penis so I started taking my pain meds again but it's still hurts. It's about a 1 or 2 out of 10. It feels like the cylinders are pressing the backside of my gland. If I am doing something that takes my mind off my pain I don't feel it. It's when I'm trying to watch something on TV or laying in bed. Here's my questions.

#1 Is this the normal part of healing?
#2 Is this what it feels like when you start cycling?
Last edited by LM-N-TX on Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
69 years old. Had Full ED for 3 years. Tried pills and injection.
Had my infrapubic implant surgery March 17 2023 with AMS 700 LGX. (so far so good)

Randalltx

Re: one week since surgery

Postby Randalltx » Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:22 am

Yes, I am six weeks post op and activated yesterday. I had minor pain in glans, especially when trying to conceal for going out or pointing down. Doc wanted it pointing up all the time. Good luck on that. I ended up getting strong jocks off Amazon with huge pouch to limit movement and help with concealing. There were other pains along the way but nothing above an aleve or 1500mg tylenol. I was swollen and did not leave the house for ten days.Lots of ice helped. You have only a few days to go before your pain will subside. Try to just leave it alone. I was using sanitizing wipes multiple times a day to avoid infection. Saw you are in Ft. Worth. Used to be in Arlington now near San Antonio. Good luck with this. PM me anytime.
76yo, ED Venuous Leak since age 40. South Texas location.
02/09/2023 24 CM Titan Dr. Hofer, Stone Oak Meth San Antonio.
@OEM 7.5L x 6.0/Flaccid 2.0L x 6.0 (Grower)
@5 months 6.50L x 6.0/Flaccid 6.0L x 6.0
@8 months 7.50L x 6.0/Flaccid 6.0L x 6.0

SWorks17

Postby SWorks17 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:45 am

LM-N-TX wrote:I'm one week past my surgery. I guess I'm one of the lucky one and didn't have a lot of pain after surgery. The doctor said he left me pumped up 50% and when I had my follow up 3 days later he took some out. I wasn't having any pain so I stopped taking my pain meds on the 4th day. Than yesterday I started having pain on the end of my penis so I started taking my pain meds again but it's still hurts. It's about a 1 or 2 out of 10. It feels like the cylinders are pressing the backside of my gland. If I am doing something that takes my mind off my pain I don't feel it. It's when I'm trying to watch something on TV or laying in bed. Here's my questions.

Yes to both

Especially at the back of my Glans where the tips of the implants are, for me that hurt for at least 6 months, maybe for you it won’t last as long.

Sworks17
Age 65, Garden Ridge Texas, Progressive ED after Boston Scientific Rezum procedure for benign enlarged prostate 19 May 21, AMS LGX 18 w 3cm rear tips installed 5 Nov 2021 by Dr Shane Barney, Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, Married 35 years

frank66665

Postby frank66665 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:57 pm

SWorks17 wrote:
LM-N-TX wrote:I'm one week past my surgery. I guess I'm one of the lucky one and didn't have a lot of pain after surgery. The doctor said he left me pumped up 50% and when I had my follow up 3 days later he took some out. I wasn't having any pain so I stopped taking my pain meds on the 4th day. Than yesterday I started having pain on the end of my penis so I started taking my pain meds again but it's still hurts. It's about a 1 or 2 out of 10. It feels like the cylinders are pressing the backside of my gland. If I am doing something that takes my mind off my pain I don't feel it. It's when I'm trying to watch something on TV or laying in bed. Here's my questions.

Yes to both

Especially at the back of my Glans where the tips of the implants are, for me that hurt for at least 6 months, maybe for you it won’t last as long.

Sworks17

The tips under the glans hurt me too after 61 days almost 9 weeks, I think the translator didn't translate well, do you mean that the pain is gone after 6 months?
56, ED since 2010, pills work but not always and well, trt in progress improved but not so much, myocardial infarction january 2016, new stent september 2016, hypertension, venous on 1/23/23 titan one touch 22, no rte dottor Gabriele Antonini Italia

SWorks17

Postby SWorks17 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:21 pm

frank66665 wrote:
SWorks17 wrote:

Yes to both

Sworks17

The tips under the glans hurt me too after 61 days almost 9 weeks, I think the translator didn't translate well, do you mean that the pain is gone after 6 months?

Trying to remember back to that time period, I’m pretty sure I still had pain in my Glans at 6 months when I was fully inflated for over 45 minutes, but for me that’s when everything starting getting better and it was just like having a rock hard erection without pain.

SWorks17
Age 65, Garden Ridge Texas, Progressive ED after Boston Scientific Rezum procedure for benign enlarged prostate 19 May 21, AMS LGX 18 w 3cm rear tips installed 5 Nov 2021 by Dr Shane Barney, Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, Married 35 years

frank66665

Postby frank66665 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:35 pm

SWorks17 wrote:
frank66665 wrote:
SWorks17 wrote:
Yes to both

Sworks17

Trying to remember back to that time period, I’m pretty sure I still had pain in my Glans at 6 months when I was fully inflated for over 45 minutes, but for me that’s when everything starting getting better and it was just like having a rock hard erection without pain.

SWorks17

meanwhile when you had sex did you inflate less than the maximum?
56, ED since 2010, pills work but not always and well, trt in progress improved but not so much, myocardial infarction january 2016, new stent september 2016, hypertension, venous on 1/23/23 titan one touch 22, no rte dottor Gabriele Antonini Italia

atul21

Postby atul21 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:19 pm

LM-N-TX wrote:

This sounds like a good healing to me. I am 3 weeks post my surgery and have been cycling since 3 days now. The pain level now is low but it does pain a lot on inflation and for sometime after deflation.
41 yr old from India, Ed since many years
Coloplast Titan 22 cms one touch pump no rte; implanted by Dr. Billy Cordon in Miami on 02-March-2023. Found Dr. Cordon on reco from Dr. Eid after he fell sick.
Happy to help!
My Journal- click here

LM-N-TX

Postby LM-N-TX » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:33 pm

atul21 wrote:
LM-N-TX wrote:

This sounds like a good healing to me. I am 3 weeks post my surgery and have been cycling since 3 days now. The pain level now is low but it does pain a lot on inflation and for sometime after deflation.

The pain went away after a few days after my post. The pain meds didn't help and they just made me sleepy. I switch to extra strength Tylenol and it seems to work better for me.
On my follow up visit with the doctor he told me I could return in 2 or 3 weeks so he give me some training to cycle. But here's another question I have. My inflation bulb seems very hard and it slippery in my nut sack. I'm surprised you doctor cleared you to start cycling this early after your surgery. I need to break it in so was yours's hard or are you just forcing it?
69 years old. Had Full ED for 3 years. Tried pills and injection.
Had my infrapubic implant surgery March 17 2023 with AMS 700 LGX. (so far so good)

atul21

Postby atul21 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:46 pm

LM-N-TX wrote:
atul21 wrote:
LM-N-TX wrote:

The pain went away after a few days after my post. The pain meds didn't help and they just made me sleepy. I switch to extra strength Tylenol and it seems to work better for me.
On my follow up visit with the doctor he told me I could return in 2 or 3 weeks so he give me some training to cycle. But here's another question I have. My inflation bulb seems very hard and it slippery in my nut sack. I'm surprised you doctor cleared you to start cycling this early after your surgery. I need to break it in so was yours's hard or are you just forcing it?

Mine is still hard. I try use both hands to inflate. I have to give it few initial squeezes which makes it little soft post which the it gets easier. But it pains everytime I do that and my shaft is very sensitive. Today I was pumping up while wearing my airpods and one of the airpod slipped out of my ear and fell straight on my dick! Man that was painful :o

Every doctor has a different protocol for activation and cycling. My doctor (Billy Cordon) wants his patients to cycle after 2 weeks. I could only do after 3 weeks. Dr. Eid asks his patients to cycle after 3 days! Best is to follow the advise of your surgeon.
41 yr old from India, Ed since many years
Coloplast Titan 22 cms one touch pump no rte; implanted by Dr. Billy Cordon in Miami on 02-March-2023. Found Dr. Cordon on reco from Dr. Eid after he fell sick.
Happy to help!
My Journal- click here

ThailandBound

Postby ThailandBound » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:50 am

Both questions:

Totally normal. I was alarmed by the glans pain at first too. Now at 11+ weeks i have to really pump hard, do tge Perito exercises, then squeeze in a few more mini pumps to get that glans pain to return.

Progress. It gets better. This is reported almost universally. Length of time varies.
Active, athletic 63 years old. Sexually, still 33 in my mind and spirit. Pills and injections all worked, until they didn’t. Diagnosed with veinous leakage in 2022. Coloplast Titan. 22 CM. No RTE. Peno-scrotal. Implanted 1/4/23. Dr. Clavell.

Return to “Implants”