Advice Needed-Implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Old Guy

Re: Advice Needed-Implant

Postby Old Guy » Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:43 pm

Hello, hopefully you can get an appointment with one of the recommended doctors. ED is terrible for causing depression in us guys. After I had my implant done my depression faded away, replaced with confidence.
As mentioned, read lots of posts here to gain knowledge. Just remember that lots of posts are about problems or complaints. Not many guys who have successful implants come to talk about how good it's working.
Best of luck moving forward.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:51 pm

annoyed31 wrote:
Gt1956 wrote:A point to consider to all in a similar situation. Most urologists can only offer pills. This is the limit of their training. If pills are not working then you need to find a urologist that has more advanced training. This generally means one that can or will suggest an implant.
I'm not familar with the European healthcare system. But even in the USA you must be persistent & ask the hard questions of your healthcare professionals. If you just meekly accept poor advice. You'll get poor results.
If it is possible, search for the most qualified surgeon within the distance that you're able to travel for care.
I wish you the best of luck in your journey.

Unfortunately, thats true. Last couple of year everyone was giving me pills. Take 5mg Tadalaflil for 6 months, 20mg/10 mg alternate days, take sildenafil..start TRT. All i can say, the system is supportive of big pharma.

I'm not sure that the system is corrupt enough to support big pharma. They are merely offering you the best that they have. You need to get to a doctor that has better training & tools.
Changing doctors to an associate does little good if his training didn't include implants. Btw, that is very specialized training. I think even in America the good implant doctors might be less than 100. Surely less than 200.
There is an old saying in the USA. "Every problem looks like a nail if the only tool you have is a hammer".
Some of my intent in my advice to you is to get you to a point where you become your own advocate. Advanced ED is difficult to treat. I've read that only 3% of men with ED will get an implant. Various reasons are given why so low of a number. Only you can drive your healthcare system to serve you.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Youngmen

Postby Youngmen » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:38 pm

annoyed31 wrote:
Youngmen wrote:I am also from Germany and was diagnosed by Dr Sommer. He referred me to Dr Osmonov. I haven't lost any length and even a bit more width. In Europe there are few good ones, for example Ralph, Antonini, Osmonov. I am very happy with my result.

How did Sommer's diagnosis progress= can you explain the steps?

I had a series of tests done. I was injected with Caverject and my blood in and out was measured. My hormone levels have been determined. My pelvic floor muscles were tested etc. It all cost over €1000. After two years of therapy , he referred me to Dr Osmonov (veno occulsive dysfunction and finally peyronie). Do you have german insurance?
1995, ED since birth due to venous leak. Pills worked but then get
peyronies. 24 cm Coloplast Titan with Dr Osmonov, germany on 2019/21/3

Frenchie

Postby Frenchie » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:53 pm

Youngmen wrote:
annoyed31 wrote:
Youngmen wrote:I am also from Germany and was diagnosed by Dr Sommer. He referred me to Dr Osmonov. I haven't lost any length and even a bit more width. In Europe there are few good ones, for example Ralph, Antonini, Osmonov. I am very happy with my result.

I had a series of tests done. I was injected with Caverject and my blood in and out was measured. My hormone levels have been determined. My pelvic floor muscles were tested etc. It all cost over €1000. After two years of therapy , he referred me to Dr Osmonov (veno occulsive dysfunction and finally peyronie). Do you have german insurance?

Are you satisfied with the implant? Can women tell the difference? Also did you lose any size from implant?
Venous like since I was 20 years old. Pills don't work too well. Thinking of implant in the future

annoyed31

Postby annoyed31 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:47 pm

Youngmen wrote:
annoyed31 wrote:

Yes, I have german insurance (not the privat one). Her performed same analysis on me. It will cost me in total with him 1350€ x2. He told me earlier that surgery is performed by his colleauges at UKE, but i will ask him to send me to Osmonov. I was also at UKSH in Kiel, one of Osmonov's colleauge said he will send me a letter that I have to give to my insurance company. Let's see how it turns out, if.i go this route i would do the surgery asap.
Veno-Occulsive ED for 10+ years. Implanted 7.2023 AMS 700. Osmonov Germany

Youngmen

Postby Youngmen » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:17 pm

Frenchie wrote:
Youngmen wrote:
annoyed31 wrote:

Are you satisfied with the implant? Can women tell the difference? Also did you lose any size from implant?

Yes I am satisfied. No in my case I have still some blood flow so if I am aroused it looks like my old dick. After surgery I lost some length but after 1 year evertyhing came back and girth is more. But before peyronie I had big girth too.
1995, ED since birth due to venous leak. Pills worked but then get
peyronies. 24 cm Coloplast Titan with Dr Osmonov, germany on 2019/21/3

annoyed31

Postby annoyed31 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:09 am

Hi,

I had some questions regardinh how you talked with insurance to get it covered, I have TK insurance any advice for me?
Veno-Occulsive ED for 10+ years. Implanted 7.2023 AMS 700. Osmonov Germany

Return to “Implants”