Wish Me Luck

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
OldSchool

Wish Me Luck

Postby OldSchool » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:09 pm

Hey guys. Well, the big day is tomorrow. I'm scheduled to visit Saint Vincent's Hospital in Worcester for IPP surgery with Dr. Parulkar. He is the highest-volume IPP surgeon here in Central Mass. I've asked that he install an AMS LGX as I have experienced a lot of atrophy over the years and hope to regain some of my previous self. Dr. Perito trained my doctor. Consequently, he will be using the infrapubic technique.

I'm a married guy. I've been married to my wife for 42 years. I'm also a retired AF Officer and recently retired as a middle school principal. I had a prostatectomy in 2011. I was an active 53-year-old triathlete and runner at the time. I had just completed Ironman Lake Placid before surgery—post-surgery, I was rendered impotent. After years of pills, pumps, and injections, I've finally decided to take the plunge.

Thanks for sharing all of your experiences. You have all provided me with a wealth of knowledge. We form a unique brotherhood. If not for this forum, I probably wouldn't have chosen this path. I've got to be honest with you, though...I'm scared shitless right now. But in the end, I suppose I have nothing left to lose.

Wish me luck, and send me your prayers; I'll let you know how things go in a few days.

Ralph
64 yrs old
Prostatectomy in 2011
Radiation in 2019
IPP Surgery 2023, Dr Parulkar, Worcester, MA (Perito technique)
AMS LGX 18 cm, Infrapubic

SWorks17

Re: Wish Me Luck

Postby SWorks17 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:12 pm

Good Luck OldSchool, prayers your way, you won’t regret it. It’s amazing to get an on demand erection.
I’m also retired Air Force 23 years, enlisted E-7, I retired at Randolph Air Force Base, Show Place of the Air Force! HVAC, Controls, Fire Alarms, Intrusion Alarms, in Civil Engineering Squadron.

You’ll do fine, just reach out to us with any questions.

You can see on my signature block where I had mine done.

Good Luck again!
Age 65, Garden Ridge Texas, Progressive ED after Boston Scientific Rezum procedure for benign enlarged prostate 19 May 21, AMS LGX 18 w 3cm rear tips installed 5 Nov 2021 by Dr Shane Barney, Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, Married 35 years

OldSchool

Postby OldSchool » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:19 pm

Sweet ride! I've got a QuintanaRoo Seduza sitting in my basement collecting dust. Maybe I'll get my fat ass in gear after surgery and get back in the saddle again.

Ralph
64 yrs old
Prostatectomy in 2011
Radiation in 2019
IPP Surgery 2023, Dr Parulkar, Worcester, MA (Perito technique)
AMS LGX 18 cm, Infrapubic

SWorks17

Postby SWorks17 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:58 pm

:D You’ll be back in the saddle on two rides.

SWorks17
Age 65, Garden Ridge Texas, Progressive ED after Boston Scientific Rezum procedure for benign enlarged prostate 19 May 21, AMS LGX 18 w 3cm rear tips installed 5 Nov 2021 by Dr Shane Barney, Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, Married 35 years

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:07 pm

Ralph, best wishes. I got the LGX as well. For me it was a walk in the park. Hope yours is the same.

Do keep us posted. I’m a retired HS Counselor.
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

ThailandBound

Postby ThailandBound » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:05 am

hey there, old school!

Greetings. Former Air Force officer here too. Pilot for eight years (82 - 90) active duty, now commercial pilot.

Listen man, your final comment about being scared shitless. There’s not one of us here that does not relate. That’s one of the great things about this forum. A lot of older, and mature men who have squarely confronted this issue that many people will not even talk about to anyone. I support here during my preceding days, the day of the surgery, and my subsequent recovery have been invaluable. I am now 10 weeks postop. In Thailand, and having regular sex again with my girlfriend here.

Those first few days are a little surreal. You will know that you have made an irrevocable decision and wonder if it’s worth it. You’ll likely be taking it day by day, very conscious of that numb, somewhat alien looking appendage between your legs.

But rest, assured, many of us here have walked this path, and you were going to do just fine!

Best wishes to you.
Active, athletic 63 years old. Sexually, still 33 in my mind and spirit. Pills and injections all worked, until they didn’t. Diagnosed with veinous leakage in 2022. Coloplast Titan. 22 CM. No RTE. Peno-scrotal. Implanted 1/4/23. Dr. Clavell.

Roloop

Postby Roloop » Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:06 am

Truly best wishes for your journey, on FT we are lucky enough to be able to compare and receive lots of information from those who have taken the plunge before us. I too am awaiting April 17th... the date of my surgery!! Good luck !!! and thank you all for your availability
57 married, operated on in August 2022 for radical prostatectomy. At the end of February 2023 diagnosed induratio penis with dorsal curvature, surgery set for April 17, 2023 for curvature and insertion of a three-component prosthesis

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:03 am

You're probably in surgery as I write this. Hope it is going well.
May be a couple of tough days afterwards, but once you are all healed it will be the best thing you've done. Not only for you, but for your wife as well. Glad you found FT to gain the knowledge. I wasn't so lucky, only found this forum 5 months after my implant.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Antonios

Postby Antonios » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:53 pm

How do I find out if my surgeon is a high volume surgeon? It is listed on website that he is a high volume and his practice is listed as a “center of excellence” on the Coloplast Titan website.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:24 pm

Antonios wrote:How do I find out if my surgeon is a high volume surgeon? It is listed on website that he is a high volume and his practice is listed as a “center of excellence” on the Coloplast Titan website.

Have you tried emailing his office & asking how many he does per year? My surgeon willingly will tell you how many he did in the previous year. If they answer vaguely like a lot, quite a few or we don't really know. Then they're being evasive & that isn't a good sign from a person that says he's a professional. Read the Coloplast website. See if there is a definition of what it takes at a minimum to be a center of excellence.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Return to “Implants”