How do I get started down this road?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Unfinflow

How do I get started down this road?

Postby Unfinflow » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:17 pm

I’m 39 I’ve struggled with maintaining errections as long as I can remember I couldn’t find any solution that really worked or any answer as to why. I just recently heard of venous leakage and it was a huge relief to feel like this is a real thing and others have found a way to address what must be my problem.

So what do I do now i want to get down the line on getting an implant right away. Make an appointment with. Urologist and just say I have venous leakage I want an implant is it that easy?

Thanks

Txagq8

Re: How do I get started down this road?

Postby Txagq8 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:01 pm

Yep, it’s as easy as booking an appt with urologist. I think I would look for one that does a lot of implants. Once you’ve been investigated & diagnosed it would be inconvenient to shop for a surgeon.

Tell them what you just told us. You’re 39 and don’t really remember ever being able to maintain a good erection. The doc will know what to do.

Don’t expect instant implant. The doctor will want a good history, know what has been tried, what hasn’t worked, and what’s going on. Blood work, maybe a new Doppler or MEI or ultrasound might be done. An implant is a great solution, but it is the court of last resort and not to be taken lightly.

If you’ve already been thru pills and injections with little success it might happen fast. I saw my implant doc for the first time on Dec 17 2019 and had an implant on Dec 31 2019. No regrets. After 35 years of injections and pills I could just kick myself for not doing it sooner. But I’m making up for lost time.

Funny thing about sex. Guys never seem to get tired of it, and the 7009th time is just about as amazing as the first. But let a doctor guide your decision. It is a big step and it’s not a simple cure-all for psychological issues associated with years of bad sexual performance. If it’s the right move, seeing the doc is your first step. There’s no drive-thru “Implants-R-Us” clinic.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

Unfinflow

Postby Unfinflow » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:18 pm

Thank you,

I’ve been through pills and injections already as well.

Anyone have suggestions for good doctor in Miami florida

Bwtbbb

Postby Bwtbbb » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:21 pm

Unfinflow wrote:Thank you,

Dr. Billy Cordon

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:35 pm

Since you've already been through pills and injections it should be the next step. A good men's sexual urologist like the one suggested by Bwtbbb will fix you up. Once you are implanted you'll love how easy it is to use, no stopping to pop a pill or shove a needle in yourself.
Good luck moving forward to solve your problem!
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:35 pm

Unfinflow wrote:I’m 39 I’ve struggled with maintaining errections as long as I can remember I couldn’t find any solution that really worked or any answer as to why. I just recently heard of venous leakage and it was a huge relief to feel like this is a real thing and others have found a way to address what must be my problem.
So what do I do now i want to get down the line on getting an implant right away. Make an appointment with. Urologist and just say I have venous leakage I want an implant is it that easy?
Thanks

Lots of men go to great lengths to get a diagnosis of venous leak. My opinion is that all that work is a waste of time, emotions & money.
Honest answers to the questions with a urologist that actually does implants is good enough. They know what to ask & can make a good diagnosis by your answers. The fact that you've been through pills & injections pretty much seals the deal.
Your goal is to pick a decent surgeon. Next is to have insurance that covers implants or figuring out how to pay the cash price of around $20-$25K.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Mark1974

Postby Mark1974 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:27 pm

Billy Cordon as someone said

Also Paul Perito, but he uses infrapubic surgery and I personally would prefer the classic penoscrotal
I was born in 1974. I've had venous leak ED since early 30's, but managed with pde5 inhibitors until mid 40's. I have fairly severe hour-glassing, but no hard plaques. My urologist is worldwide acknowledged expert Dr. Laurence Levine

Floridaspeedo

Postby Floridaspeedo » Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:52 pm

Unfinflow wrote:Thank you,

Dr Billy Cordon. Mt Sinai
ED survivor 5 years. Tried pills, Gainswave, PRP, Bi-Mix/Tri Mix (worked 50% but very painful for 24 hours after injection.) 55 Gay - Single Titan Coloplast implanted June 1st, 2022, scrotal in Miami by Dr Billy Cordone..,very happy. Zero regrets

Jage64

Postby Jage64 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:27 pm

I agree with what has been said already in terms of tests and diagnoses. If you've already exhausted pills, pumps and injections, or whichever of those you're comfortable with and you still can't get an erection, then a formal diagnosis seems unnecessary (barring any unique circumstances you may have).

I met with my urologist at my local Kaiser hospital. Nice guy. I told him I'd been taking pills for many years and they stopped working, I told him I wasn't interested in doing injections and VED held no interest for me. I then asked him if he would do tests to determine why my dick didn't work, and he said "what's the use in testing it, it doesn't work, right?" Yep. Full steam ahead with an implant.

FT was invaluable to me, I learned which questions to ask and why I was asking them. Infrapubic vs. penoscrotal, YOU should know the difference and the pros and cons of both. Which implant manufacturer do you feel more comfortable with? Pros and cons for each style of implant. What type of surgery experience do you want? Nerve block so you don't feel anything for a few days, or something else? Will you be intubated? Will you be under general anesthesia? Do you do well under general? Do you want to stay in the hospital overnight or go straight home? Would you prefer to be catheterized or not? Do you want no drains installed or drains that have to be removed a day or so later? Do you know what the "no touch" method of surgery is? Does your doctor practice that? Are you offered both manufacturers products by your surgeon or if you get him/her you only have one choice? Etc, etc.

I learned these (any many more) questions from reading FT posts, and also found many answers for myself from the experience of others.

Don't hand your dick over to your doctor, keep it in your hands and educate yourself.

I didn't use the Kaiser doctor that would have cost me about $200. I paid out of pocket and flew to TX to have the doctor I CHOSE do the surgery. I paid 100x what I could have, but this is a decision you don't shop price on.
2/22/23 AMS 700 CX 21cm + 1.5cm RTEs. 58 yrs old, wife of 37 yrs. Penoscrotal. 100ml Conceal reservoir. Dr. Clavell. Pills failing and went right to implant, skipped the injections. 12 mos. later: 7 1/2" x 5 3/4"

Rider1400

Postby Rider1400 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:45 pm

I would go to perito in a heartbeat! He does infrapubic and that’s why I went to one of his recommended Drs in Dallas. Was too far a trip for me to go to Florida. Perito is one of the very top and don’t let anybody dissuade you on infrapubic. It’s less trama to the scrotum and I had almost zero swelling. My pump is placed perfectly in the middle to the back and recovery was very easy. Only used one pain pill and should have passed on that. Read up on him. He has a series on you tube. MTP. Meet the penis. Very educational!
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

Return to “Implants”