How many pumps ?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Randalltx

Re: How many pumps ?

Postby Randalltx » Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:25 pm

phliptrip wrote:
Randalltx wrote:
Reshuffle wrote:
This is strange to me. I have the same pump with same 24cm size. I'm at max within about 15 pumps, pretty rock hard. Although I'm only 4 weeks from surgery and not getting to my full girth so this may increase in time. How could it require 130 pumps? have you contacted the coloplast rep?

I am 6 weeks post op. I finally maxed out about 170 pumps. Could not move the pump at that point. Very hard, yet girth is not impressive nor length, but I did not expect that either. That was last night before bed. This morning, just now it was still maxed and pump was solid, no possible to pump more. So am going to max out today, and be careful to press alll the way each time, get a good count of consistent presses and see where I am. I expected maybe 50-60. I will talk to the rep. I guess his contact info is on their website. Thanks for the suggestion.

15 pumps to max is impressive. That is from fully deflated? I am careful to fully deflate as I am involved in physical therapy treatments for awhile and I really don't want curiosity seekers in their little gym with no privacy. Randy

I am only slightly less post-op than you I have a 20 cm in plant with 3 cm RTEs due to my weight, from fully deflated I can maximum pump my penis about 12 times. And then wait about 15 minutes and I can pump it another two or three and then wait about 15 minutes then another two or three and then maybe one more in the final 15 minutes. After the first 12 even my dick could be used to pound nails into a piece of wood shy the bruising. I would seriously consider talking to my doctor or the coloplast rep if it were taking me a hundred pumps to reach maximum hardness, it sounds almost like your lockout valve isn't working or alternately is partially working or you've got some problem with how you're pumping it. I am fairly confident that if I could even pump it 130 times my penis would explode so would the implant so would the tubing and the ball. That does not sound like a reasonable number to me, based on my experience.

Just to make sure I wasn't making a unsure counts, my wife just did a squeeze test on my dick, and it becomes sexually usable about eight pumps, now I would not consider that a great hard on by stretch of the imagination. By 12 to 13 it has lost all flexibility outside of the base. By 15 it feels completely hard, ala 30yo erection... By 17-18 it feels like a 17 yo erection and I use lotion to prevent skin tears (happened before.) Over the next 45 minutes I should be able to get another 3 to 5 pumps in quite painfully.... And then the ball will not compress (still fully inflated and not dimpled), and due to some of my hobbies I have a several hundred pound grip strength. If I'm in hot water I can add one for two additional and still tolerate the pain.

Morning is my cycling time, so that's what I'm doing right now actually, I went a little early and squeezed until I could not compress the ball any further, and that gave me an additional four squeezes, I tried using both hands and managed to get one micro squeeze in further and I will tell you now it fucking hurt a lot. I had my wife attempt to squeeze it with her hands and she can't even compress the ball at this point. So call it 22.5 and my wife says it is as hard as her silicon wrapped hard plastic dildos... And have I mentioned a fucking hurts. Dr. P exercises would cause me to scream in complete agony... It would be like trying to bend a tree trunk. 12 to 15 is my current limit if I'm trying to do bending exercises. And that does not feel good.

20230330_091434.jpg

----------------------
Phliptrip-----Thanks for your thoughtful reply and suggestions. I talked to Kelli at Coloplast today who was unable to give definitive answers to my questions.

There are so many differences in size, anatomy, amount of fluid installed, reservoir size, that she could not be of much assistance and questions like these have to be addressed by the surgeon performing the implant.

I was primarily concerned with

1. Determining when I was max inflated ---Kelli referred me to surgeon.

2. What happens if I continue to pump after it is "fully inflated?"
Kelli stated no harm could come to the implant as excess pumps would merely force saline back to the reservoir. This suggests that excess pumping puts one into an endless loop allowing 100-200 pumps as well as widely variable numbers of pumps among users to get to their max.

In my case, carefully pumping and reevealuating at each 25 pumps results in mild erection at 25, usable at 50. Some what harder around 60 seeming to top out there for now. This is a 24cm Titan XL.
Your mileage may vary. For now I am staying in my lane around 60 until boss surgeon sees me early May. It is more than usable, easy to pump up some for use and easy to deflate.
76yo, ED Venuous Leak since age 40. South Texas location.
02/09/2023 24 CM Titan Dr. Hofer, Stone Oak Meth San Antonio.
@OEM 7.5L x 6.0/Flaccid 2.0L x 6.0 (Grower)
@8 months 7.50L x 6.0/Flaccid 6.0L x 6.0
@14 months 7.50L x 7.25/Flaccid 6.0L x 6.0

Masonjames

Postby Masonjames » Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:36 pm

I'm also at 60. Can get a few more after being pumped a while. Also have the Titan 24cm XL
70 year old, Married 53 years with two adult children.
Tried pills, herbs, and Trimix. Implanted by Dr. Hakky , in Atlanta, on the 1st, of September. Titan XL 24cm's with two 1.5cm"s RTE"s

Randalltx

Postby Randalltx » Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:25 pm

Masonjames wrote:I'm also at 60. Can get a few more after being pumped a while. Also have the Titan 24cm XL

Hi Mason-

How many to maximum for cycling? How do you determine you have maxed out? It seems like I can always get another few in. Do you feel a kind of clicky sensation squeezing the bulb? I get that sometimes, like something in there slipped a little. Feels like squeezing on a ball with a wrinkle in it.

Is the sixty you get to your operating hardness? Or do you have to go higher?

Thanks for getting back. Randy

Jage64

Postby Jage64 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:28 pm

I've got the AMS CX with MS pump, installed 6 weeks ago.

When I was first started cycling at 4 weeks, I could put in 100 pumps and I didn't feel like it was completely hard. I was concerned, but figured maybe the pump needed some time to "burn in". I continued to cycle twice a day for an hour each time. Sometimes it'd take 40 pumps before the bulb got hardish, yet I could still pump it. I started to think maybe I have superhuman grip strength and I was going to break something, although I could keep pumping. I spoke to the doctor about it, and he encouraged me just to stick with it, I cannot damage the system with pumps. I had varying success, usually somewhere between 40-80 pumps before I just figured that was how it was going to be.

At 5.5 weeks I was given permission to use my home hot tub (I had a slower shaft incision healing up). Maybe coincidence, maybe not....but I tried to pump for the first time in the hot tub and at 10 pumps the bulb was like a marble and I was as hard as I had ever been. I did the exercises, got a couple more pumps in and I could finally feel the stretch in the tips. We keep our hot tub at 104, it's hot in there. Again, I don't know if it was a coincidence or not, but possibly the very hot water allowed the pump to soften and seat the seal? I don't know how these pumps work internally, so I'm not sure what could have been affected.

Now, in the mornings in bed I give it 10-12 pumps and the bulb is hard and so am I. I can usually work in 3-8 more over the hour I'm inflated.

Couple of things I think helped.

-The MS pump needs a quick and sharp initial pump to set the valve to inflate mode. I make a point of doing it as fast and full as I can to start, I hear and feel the POP of the inflate mode and I know the valve is set. I may have not been doing that as sharply at the beginning of my cycling as I should have.

-I do believe the hot water helped in some fashion, I don't think it was pure coincidence that the pump responded the way it did on that day and would have done the same if I had just been lying in bed.

-I wait and extra beat before putting in the next pump. Once the bulb reshaped, I'd immediately press it for the next pump. Now, when it refills I wait just one second more before focusing on pressing the bulb from the bottom towards the valve body, in an attempt to get all the fluid in the bulb through the valve to they cylinders.

I think it's getting better every day. I posted before about not having any pain while cycling. Although I wouldn't consider it pain per se, I now feel the stretch and am very happy to deflate when my time is up. Something in there is getting stretched now when it wasn't before. I have to keep reminding myself I'm just 6 weeks post op.
2/22/23 AMS 700 CX 21cm + 1.5cm RTEs. 58 yrs old, wife of 37 yrs. Penoscrotal. 100ml Conceal reservoir. Dr. Clavell. Pills failing and went right to implant, skipped the injections. 12 mos. later: 7 1/2" x 5 3/4"

Masonjames

Postby Masonjames » Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:49 pm

Randalltx wrote:
Masonjames wrote:I'm also at 60. Can get a few more after being pumped a while. Also have the Titan 24cm XL

Hi Mason-

How many to maximum for cycling? How do you determine you have maxed out? It seems like I can always get another few in. Do you feel a kind of clicky sensation squeezing the bulb? I get that sometimes, like something in there slipped a little. Feels like squeezing on a ball with a wrinkle in it.

Is the sixty you get to your operating hardness? Or do you have to go higher?

Thanks for getting back. Randy

but when
I never got the clicky sensation that you got but when i was at about six months I could pump it until the bulb wouldn't reinflate it would just get flat. That has stopped now at 2.5 years out I can pump past 60 or 65 pumps and the bulb stays hard but seems to just stop filling the implant after that point. I am super hard but in no kind of pain or stretched to the max feeling. I love the implant but feel that I probably need more saline added to the reservoir
70 year old, Married 53 years with two adult children.
Tried pills, herbs, and Trimix. Implanted by Dr. Hakky , in Atlanta, on the 1st, of September. Titan XL 24cm's with two 1.5cm"s RTE"s

Eharrison

Postby Eharrison » Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:54 am

I cycle rigorously twice per day holding it at max hardness for at least 20 minutes. The initial pump is about 12-15 then the Perito exercise, another 4-5 pumps, Perito again and 2-3 more. After 5 minutes or so another Perito and I get 3-4 more pumps. Hard as steel is the word. I'm 4 months post with a Titan 24 XL.
Age 63 Robotic PR 2/2022, struggling with ED before RP, pills don't work, trimix not consistent.
Titan XL 24cm Dr Hakky Atlanta. Married 43 years to a beautiful sexy wife.

Randalltx

Postby Randalltx » Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:17 am

I am 8 weeks post op today. For the first time since beginning cycling I reached what I think was max inflation. The pump ball became much harder than any time before after pumping 50-60 per usual. Everything just seemed like it was working better. My girth was just slightly larger than it had on prior cycling. Length appeared unaffected. More hard than normal cycling. I think I am on the right track now.

LM-N-TX

Postby LM-N-TX » Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:21 am

Livingstonguy wrote:I'll add my 2 cents

When I first got my implant and was able to start cycling, my bulb was VERY hard. It would take me 100+ pumps to get it hard, maybe more.

As time has passed, my bulb has gotten softer, but it is still semi-hard. now by 60 pumps I'm usually hard and after a few minutes I can pump a few more times.

I'm looking forward to my bulb softening further so I can be hard by 25-30 full pumps.

So the number of times you have to pump might be as simple as the pliability of the bulb and if you can fully squeeze it, or if it's still hard and not "broken in" and the pumps are nowhere near full pumps.

Something you said got my attention. I am 3 weeks post-op and have started cycling three day ago. The first time so I could gauges my progress I started at 60 pumps for a couple of days. Like you said the bulb is very hard. The next time I've stopped counting after 60 but I'm over 100. Yes my dick is hard but I'm not in any pain at all. I stayed that way for over an hour. I hope I can become more efficient like you otherwise I'll have to start pumping 30 minutes before making love. Thanks for giving me something to look forward to. ;)

Update 3/8/2023: I realized I accidentally had my finger touching the definition button and not getting a full pump. When changed my hand position by the filling lines then the bulb was very hard to squeeze. I got about 5 pumps and I was rock hard. I waited a few minutes and got a couple more and I was in the painful erection stage. I guess this is where I should fill to. So make sure you are not around that definition button.
Last edited by LM-N-TX on Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
69 years old. Had Full ED for 3 years. Tried pills and injection.
Had my infrapubic implant surgery March 17 2023 with AMS 700 LGX. (so far so good)

LM-N-TX

Postby LM-N-TX » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:49 pm

This is the hand position that works best. I'm right handed. I hold the pump with left hand fingers and I put my thumb at the top of the fill lines making sure you are not around the deflation button. With my right hand I put my thumb top of the fill bulb. I put all of my fingers under the on my left hand and push down with my thumb. It gives me more strength than a one handed pinch. I also bring my left hand finger tips around the bulb so it can't pop out of place.
I hope this makes sense. I'm a newbie and the bulb is extremely hard to squeeze.
Last edited by LM-N-TX on Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Had my infrapubic implant surgery March 17 2023 with AMS 700 LGX. (so far so good)

LM-N-TX

Postby LM-N-TX » Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:17 am

I was up to over 100 pumps at first and thought I had a leak or something. Then I realized I accidently had my finger too close the release button and must have been slightly pushing it at the same time as I was holding it while I was pumping with my other hand. Now at just 5 pumps I'm rock hard. One or two more it's starts hurting.

Re-check you had positions to make sure you are not on that release button by mistake.

Return to “Implants”