Journal- Surgery with Dr. Billy Cordon in Miami

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
iride111

Re: Journal- Surgery with Dr. Billy Cordon in Miami

Postby iride111 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:29 am

Hello Atul21,
Glad you are on the mend. I had an implant failure in just under 3 years; very unusual according to the doctors office. Dr. Cordon does not have much of a social media presence so you can get an idea of his treatment philosophies but I would be willing to go to him based on Dr Eid's recommendation alone. I have read in your posts that he uses no-touch and has a full inventory of sizes-both requirements for a surgeon I would have do a revision. Did you happen to ask if he uses AMS devices also? i dont know if im getting any girth benefits from the titan and would like to consult with a doctor that does both. Thanks.
22 +1 titan. January, 2020 with Dr Eid. Failed January, 2023. Seems to be a break in the tubing.

atul21

Postby atul21 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:17 am

iride111 wrote:Hello Atul21,
Glad you are on the mend. I had an implant failure in just under 3 years; very unusual according to the doctors office. Dr. Cordon does not have much of a social media presence so you can get an idea of his treatment philosophies but I would be willing to go to him based on Dr Eid's recommendation alone. I have read in your posts that he uses no-touch and has a full inventory of sizes-both requirements for a surgeon I would have do a revision. Did you happen to ask if he uses AMS devices also? i dont know if im getting any girth benefits from the titan and would like to consult with a doctor that does both. Thanks.

Hello,
Unfortunately the topic of AMS never came up with Dr. Cordon. Since, Dr. Eid had already recommended for me the coloplast titan, I just told Dr. Cordon what Dr. Eid suggested and he said we will do the same. I would suggest best is to connect with his office and ask.
He does not have a private practice like Dr. Eid or Dr. Clavell and works for the Mt Sinai Miami. He did mention to me that they have access to all implants and all sizes at all times at the hospital. Basically told me not to worry about these small things :)

I would also add Dr. Clavell in my surgeon list because he definitely uses the AMS as well. I would start with taking appointment from both Dr. Clavell and Cordon. I suggest calling up their offices and asking for an early appointment. They usually have lot of cancellations so you can expect to have a consultation within a week.
41 yr old from India, Ed since many years
Coloplast Titan 22 cms one touch pump no rte; implanted by Dr. Billy Cordon in Miami on 02-March-2023. Found Dr. Cordon on reco from Dr. Eid after he fell sick.
Happy to help!
My Journal- click here

Floridaspeedo

Postby Floridaspeedo » Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:17 pm

I used Dr Cordon and he has both AMS and Coloplast. He said he prefers and has more choices in sizes with Coloplast. If a patient asks him to use AMS he will though.

I chose him as my surgeon and I let him be the judge which to use. He also used the Genesis pump rather than the 1 touch. I asked why and he said Genesis is a bit smaller (I am a lean guy) and has had better experience with the Genesis versus the one touch.

The key is he seems to tailor what is needed based on the patient and that is the way it should be.

I did see him last week and asked him about his social media presence. He is out there but very busy without the you tube videos, etc. Remembers implants aren't his only thing. He does penis reconstruction also.

He is a busy guy, appointments tend to be many weeks out but that is because he is good.

Joe
ED survivor 5 years. Tried pills, Gainswave, PRP, Bi-Mix/Tri Mix (worked 50% but very painful for 24 hours after injection.) 55 Gay - Single Titan Coloplast implanted June 1st, 2022, scrotal in Miami by Dr Billy Cordone..,very happy. Zero regrets

atul21

Postby atul21 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:17 pm

Floridaspeedo wrote:

I used Dr Cordon and he has both AMS and Coloplast. He said he prefers and has more choices in sizes with Coloplast. If a patient asks him to use AMS he will though.

I chose him as my surgeon and I let him be the judge which to use. He also used the Genesis pump rather than the 1 touch. I asked why and he said Genesis is a bit smaller (I am a lean guy) and has had better experience with the Genesis versus the one touch.

The key is he seems to tailor what is needed based on the patient and that is the way it should be.

I did see him last week and asked him about his social media presence. He is out there but very busy without the you tube videos, etc. Remembers implants aren't his only thing. He does penis reconstruction also.

He is a busy guy, appointments tend to be many weeks out but that is because he is good.

Joe

For a priority appointment one should call up the office and ask to be put on a waitlist. My experience of dealing with his office staff was rather disappointing. They would put me on hold and never come back. I eventually got frustrated and reached out to Dr. Cordon directly on his instagram handle. Luckily he responded within a few hours and had his office set up an early appointment for me. Dr. Clavell’s office was much more agile on this front. They put my name on a waitlist and called me 1 hour before a slot opened up. I agreed to do the appointment and had my virtual consultation with Dr. Clavell.

Like I previously mentioned in other thread, I would have been equally happy choosing Dr. Cordon or Dr. Clavell. Since Dr. Eid told me about Dr. Cordon I went with him. Good part is that both these excellent young surgeons were empathetic to my situation and were ready to accommodate me for a priority date.
Coloplast Titan 22 cms one touch pump no rte; implanted by Dr. Billy Cordon in Miami on 02-March-2023. Found Dr. Cordon on reco from Dr. Eid after he fell sick.
Happy to help!
My Journal- click here

iride111

Postby iride111 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:07 pm

Thanks for the responses. I already have an appointment with doctor clavell in a few weeks; they said its the earliest available and I am ok with waiting. I really hope this can be fixed with a splice to the tubing because I dont want to have to wait for new cylinders to soften up again, but im not too optimistic about that. If I do need a replacement I want to consider the AMS more seriously however. Dr. Eid does about 90% coloplast and the the 2 other surgical consults I had did coloplast exclusively. There seems to be many Dr's that only use coloplast but not the other way around.

Good choice with the genesis; the one-touch has never been one touch for me, and this is not uncommon (heard this has been corrected however), and you really have to contort your arm/wrist to press the small sideways facing release button without twisting the tubing, which can shorten its life span.

Also saw on Dr. Cordon's bio that he did his urology residency at Lenox Hill Hospital in NYC. That is where Dr Eid operates so he has probably trained under him and im sure Dr. Eid has great confidence in his abilities to make him his first choice recommendation.

Wishing you a speedy recovery atul- the hard part is done.
22 +1 titan. January, 2020 with Dr Eid. Failed January, 2023. Seems to be a break in the tubing.

Franklin_F

Postby Franklin_F » Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:00 pm

atul21 wrote:Anyone who considers surgery in Miami should explore if they can stay for a night at the hospital. I think its totally worth it. I know there is a higher risk if infection in hospital but this facility is top class.

That’s a wrap on day 1.

Glad that your recovery is going well!!
One question: I didn't understand the statement that "there is a higher risk of infection in hospital." Shouldn't it be the opposite, given that the hospital is more likely to be sterile compared to hotel/home?
31 yrs old. ED from since puberty due to venous leak. Pills worked for 7-8 years and then stopped. Skipped injections, got implanted on 3.11.2023 with Titan Genesis pump 20cm+1.5cm RTEs by Dr. Levine.

atul21

Postby atul21 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:24 pm

Franklin_F wrote:
atul21 wrote:Anyone who considers surgery in Miami should explore if they can stay for a night at the hospital. I think its totally worth it. I know there is a higher risk if infection in hospital but this facility is top class.

That’s a wrap on day 1.

Glad that your recovery is going well!!
One question: I didn't understand the statement that "there is a higher risk of infection in hospital." Shouldn't it be the opposite, given that the hospital is more likely to be sterile compared to hotel/home?

Hi Franklin_F,
I was actually quoting what Dr. Eid told me and strongly believes in. He says the stay in hospital after this surgery is not needed and is an overkill. He also went on to state that hospital is full if bacteria. I only stayed a day and am actually glad I did.
Regards,
Atul
Happy to help!
My Journal- click here

atul21

Postby atul21 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:29 pm

The day’s been good. Minimal pain. Haven’t had any pain killer till now and it is 7PM in the evening. I only feel the discomfort of being inflated. Sometimes during sleep i feel that blood fills up my glands. I sometimes feel my partially inflated dick is harder at times. Could it be the blood flow?

I hope that is the case. I had asked Dr. Billy if I can expect some natural erection ability post surgery to which he said that normal erections will no longer be possible. But I think few people have seen this. Guess it depends on how much tissue damage happens when they dilate and measure you.

Fwiw I would be thrilled if I can maintain some natural erection ability (say morning wood). The only reason would be that it would make it feel more normal. I know it sounds crazy because the normal erection has been useless in the past (and hence the surgery)

Guess we will know more in future months. For now I am happy with my progress after week 1.
It has not been a textbook pain free recovery, but it has been totally bearable.

My advise to anyone who is reading this and considering an implant should find a good surgeon and go for it. Not only will this cure your limp dick, it will give you a new life. My mind is now free. I can think of other things without ed crossing my mind after every minute.

I feel that once I am active sexually and am able to have regular intercourse I will be the best version of myself.

On a personal note,
I have been pondering why did I not do this earlier and had the courage to see a doctor earlier. I am sure I am not the only one who was scared to go to the doctor. Any one else?

My mind used to go numb and I would shut myself. My wife never really took much interest in getting me to see a urologist. Whenever I used to go it used to be a trip all alone. I once took a prp injection in India which was the most painful thing ever. Even more painful than this surgery. And drove back after it all alone.

My journey has not been easy. It is not just the medical issue which I have grappled with. Simultaneously I have dealt with my wife whom I truly loved leave me 1 day before my 40th birthday. The pain of my relationship in tatters is something I am still dealing with.

My advise to all those who are suffering is to do it sooner and not make the mistake I made.

Sorry for making this a bit personal today.

Wish everyone a happy weekend!

Regards,
Atul
Happy to help!
My Journal- click here

Jage64

Postby Jage64 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:32 pm

Atul- blood flow to the glans should not be interrupted when implanted. That might be what you're feeling too. I have the same new feelings and I'm 16 days post op. Something is happening down there some nights.... I was also happy to see and feel the precum pump is still working.
2/22/23 AMS 700 CX 21cm + 1.5cm RTEs. 58 yrs old, wife of 37 yrs. Penoscrotal. 100ml Conceal reservoir. Dr. Clavell. Pills failing and went right to implant, skipped the injections. 12 mos. later: 7 1/2" x 5 3/4"

atul21

Postby atul21 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:09 am

I feel totally normal now. Its been about 10 days since my surgery. I am able to manage without any painkillers. Even the discomfort of being partially inflated is less. That is because the shaft feels more flexible and manoeuvrable. In fact if I were to deflate myself today, I would feel like how I felt the day before the surgery. I am sure the flaccid would be bigger, but it would be a good big and not something which would be uncomfortable.

The peeing has also improved though still not steady like before. I can easily feel the pump and the deflate valves. The pump feels like this very hard ball made of marble. I haven’t tried to press it, but I guess it would be difficult to press when the time comes.

Sometimes the scrotum gets this intermittent pain near the pump. Usually happens in sitting position. The only relief is to stand and let it hang a bit. It is an inconvenience but not something which I would lose sleep over.

The stitches have been healing very well. The penis also looks to be in good shape. The peyronies angulation of 20 degrees seems to have improved a lot. I am confident that a fully erect penis would look even better :)

I have a virtual check-up with Dr. Cordon scheduled for the 16th. I am now actually thinking if meeting him in person would be better idea. Somehow the whole idea of inflation and deflation alone is making me jittery.

It makes total sense to find a high volume experienced surgeon for this surgery. I am glad I found Dr. Eid and through him I could find Dr. Cordon. Wishing luck to all those who are scheduled for surgery next week. Don’t worry, only good things will happen!

Signing off!
A+
Happy to help!
My Journal- click here

Return to “Implants”