Journal- Surgery with Dr. Billy Cordon in Miami

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
FinallyBionic

Re: Journal- Surgery with Dr. Billy Cordon in Miami

Postby FinallyBionic » Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:39 pm

Bwtbbb wrote:Hey I have a few questions about Billy if you don't mind:

1) Is he willing to trim cylinders instead of using RTEs?
2) How many implants does he do?
3) What's his infection rate?

Hey Bwtbbb,
I do not understand how trimming the cylinders replaces RTEs. As far as I know, RTEs are used to keep the connection point between tubes and cylinders at the base of the penis rather than deep in the body, if the crus is deeper.
Finally Bionic
1969. RP Oct. 2017. Pills and Trimix didn't work. Inguinal hernia repair on both sides. AMS CX 21 cm+1 RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at Kaiser, VA, Jan. 2021. FT member since July 2020 as AST2123. See my previous 457 posts.

Bwtbbb

Postby Bwtbbb » Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:43 pm

FinallyBionic wrote:

Hey Bwtbbb,
I do not understand how trimming the cylinders replaces RTEs. As far as I know, RTEs are used to keep the connection point between tubes and cylinders at the base of the penis rather than deep in the body, if the crus is deeper.

RTEs are only necessary very rarely if there is a crus anomaly. In most cases, using a larger implant with the proximal tips trimmed instead of a shorter implant with RTEs is an option, and is better because the more RTEs you have, the more wobbly the erection.

FinallyBionic

Postby FinallyBionic » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:18 pm

I won't call that anomaly. Most implants have RTEs. If you need a cylinder length of 19cm or 23cm, the surgeon is forced to use RTE. For 23cm, With AMS, the option will be 21cm cylinder with 2cm RTE, while with Titan, it will be 22cm cylinder with 1cm RTE. This is one use of RTEs.
If the crus is deeper than required, the routing the tubes and connecting them to cylinders isn't a good option. Surgeons want to use the shortest possible tubing to prevent tangling and to keep the connection as near as possible to the (surface).
This is my understanding about the RTE function.
Finally Bionic
1969. RP Oct. 2017. Pills and Trimix didn't work. Inguinal hernia repair on both sides. AMS CX 21 cm+1 RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at Kaiser, VA, Jan. 2021. FT member since July 2020 as AST2123. See my previous 457 posts.

Bwtbbb

Postby Bwtbbb » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:20 pm

FinallyBionic wrote:I won't call that anomaly. Most implants have RTEs. If you need a cylinder length of 19cm or 23cm, the surgeon is forced to use RTE. For 23cm, With AMS, the option will be 21cm cylinder with 2cm RTE, while with Titan, it will be 22cm cylinder with 1cm RTE. This is one use of RTEs.
If the crus is deeper than required, the routing the tubes and connecting them to cylinders isn't a good option. Surgeons want to use the shortest possible tubing to prevent tangling and to keep the connection as near as possible to the (surface).
This is my understanding about the RTE function.

Dr. Eid rarely uses RTEs because they are rarely required. If you are 23cm the best option would be a 24cm implant with 1cm trimmed off if possible.

atul21

Postby atul21 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:23 pm

Bwtbbb wrote:
FinallyBionic wrote:

Hey Bwtbbb,

RTEs are only necessary very rarely if there is a crus anomaly. In most cases, using a larger implant with the proximal tips trimmed instead of a shorter implant with RTEs is an option, and is better because the more RTEs you have, the more wobbly the erection.

I think you are getting too concerned about RTEs. I have read your other posts as well and it seems you don't want RTE which is an ok expectation to have. I had the same, but not obsessing over it. The approach should be to find the best surgeon, hope that he will size you before surgery (like Dr. Eid does) and during surgery are able to manage with RTE <= 0.5cms. The goal should be to minimise use to RTE to 0.5cms and hopefully have none. But I wouldn't lose my sleep over 0.5cm RTE.
Last edited by atul21 on Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
41 yr old from India, Ed since many years
Coloplast Titan 22 cms one touch pump no rte; implanted by Dr. Billy Cordon in Miami on 02-March-2023. Found Dr. Cordon on reco from Dr. Eid after he fell sick.
Happy to help!
My Journal- click here

Bwtbbb

Postby Bwtbbb » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:53 pm

atul21 wrote:
Bwtbbb wrote:
FinallyBionic wrote:Hey Bwtbbb,

I think you are getting concerned about RTEs. I have read your other posts as well and it seems you don't want RTE which is an ok expectation to have. I had the same, but not obsessing over it. The approach should be to find the best surgeon, hope that he will size you before surgery (like Dr. Eid does) and during surgery are able to manage with RTE <= 0.5cms. The goal should be to minimise use to RTE to 0.5cms and hopefully have none. But I wouldn't lose my sleep over 0.5cm RTE.

I'm not too worried about them, I did choose a surgeon who is not willing to trim cylinders after all, but the fewer the better. In my case the worst case scenario I can expect should be 1.5cm as I plan to get a Titan.

atul21

Postby atul21 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:02 pm

I think a reasonable question to ask your surgeon would be- if they keep ready stocks of all titan implant sizes at all times with them. Many times RTEs are put because the surgeon has access to only limited sizes and has to add RTE for best fit.

I asked this question specifically to Dr. Billy and he told me that their hospital has all sizes stock at all times. Good luck!
Coloplast Titan 22 cms one touch pump no rte; implanted by Dr. Billy Cordon in Miami on 02-March-2023. Found Dr. Cordon on reco from Dr. Eid after he fell sick.
Happy to help!
My Journal- click here

atul21

Postby atul21 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:41 pm

I got a call from the office of Dr. Billy to check on how I was doing. I told them about how my surgery report says I was deflated but was told otherwise. On this the doctor on call told me that I was indeed inflated but partially.

I was asked usual questions like if I see any blood in pee or feel any discomfort which is bothering me a lot.

Was told that they will teach me to cycle in my 2 week follow up appointment.

Overall I am doing good. The swelling is mostly gone from scrotum. I have been using a heating pad today and it seems to give good relief. The pain is almost non existent.

Only issue is with peeing as I don’t pee in a stream and it takes a long time to pee. Also, I would usually wake up from sleep after an hour or 2 wanting to pee. Hope this part settles in the next few days.

I could feel the deflate valves today and also the pump. The pump was still sore but valves were easily palpable.

Overall I am quite happy till now with the surgery done by Dr. Cordon and his colleague Dr. Alejandra Perez.
Happy to help!
My Journal- click here

ThailandBound

Postby ThailandBound » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:02 am

There’s a lot more guys who view your posts than comment on them. Assuredly, like all of us, they’re learning and wondering “is this for real? Can i really do this? Will i suffer?, etc).

For those lurking, if you have ED and hope for a real solution when all else has failed, i hope you’ll
find good reports like this numerous on the this forum and that it gives you cause for genuine hope.

So happy to read your update today. At this point, everyday feels like a new milestone reached!
Active, athletic 63 years old. Sexually, still 33 in my mind and spirit. Pills and injections all worked, until they didn’t. Diagnosed with veinous leakage in 2022. Coloplast Titan. 22 CM. No RTE. Peno-scrotal. Implanted 1/4/23. Dr. Clavell.

personfromon

Postby personfromon » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:14 am

Apologies if this has been answered in this thread already--what was the lead time like to get in with Dr. Cordon?

Return to “Implants”