Journal- Surgery with Dr. Billy Cordon in Miami

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
atul21

Re: Journal- Surgery with Dr. Billy Cordon in Miami

Postby atul21 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:56 pm

A small update on pain-

I have a little pain in the scrotum on the lower left side. The doctor mentioned that the scrotum has been covered in bandage very tightly which can also contribute to it.

Advised me to have a pain killer. Till now I have had 1 pain killer- Oxycodone.

I plan to eat one tylenol now.

Rest all feels great. Hope to get discharged in the morning.
41 yr old from India, Ed since many years
Coloplast Titan 22 cms one touch pump no rte; implanted by Dr. Billy Cordon in Miami on 02-March-2023. Found Dr. Cordon on reco from Dr. Eid after he fell sick.
Happy to help!
My Journal- click here

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:03 pm

I'm glad everything is going well so far with Billy. Hopefully we can add him to the list of top surgeons soon.

I think as the list of top surgeons grows the general market for IPPs will grow with it. More options, more competition for the customers, more money in the industry.

This journal is important, thank you for taking the time to write about your experience.
Titan OTR. Dr. Hakky - successful surgery and very happy with outcome.
My advice: choose a world-class surgeon and make yourself the healthiest you can.

Floridaspeedo

Postby Floridaspeedo » Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:38 pm

atul21 wrote:Hello FT members,

Finally my day of surgery is here tomorrow. I joined Franktalk about 6 months back and wrote my story here-

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20496&p=189386#p189386

I was supposed to get my surgery done by Dr. Eid in NYC on the 03rd of February 2023. However, just 2 days before my date, I was told that Dr. Eid has fallen sick and will be on a long leave.
Since, I already had done my pre-op with him, I had access to his personal cell phone number. After waiting a few days I asked him if he can recommend me a different surgeon as my situation does not allow me to wait a few months for this surgery.
He recommended to me Dr. Billy Cordon in Miami who has trained under him and as per Dr. Eid he is able to mimic his surgery technique of no-touch.
I also took consultation with Dr. Jonathan Clavell whom I quite liked as well. But finally I went with Dr. Eid’s recommendation and am here for my surgery in Miami.

I was lucky to get an early appointment with Dr. Cordon whom I pinged on Instagram as his office at Mount Sinai was not helping in giving an early appointment. He responded back on Instagram and was very understanding and empathetic of my situation.

Yesterday I met Dr. Cordon for my pre-op and he is a genuinely nice guy who wants to help and get you the best results. He spent time to answer all my questions. I will be the first surgery of the day and will get operated at the Skolnick Surgery Tower in Mt. Sinai Miami.

I will stay in the hospital for 23 hours and then sent home. This was optional but I chose to stay for a day. He gives general anaesthesia gor this surgery because he says it is less hard on the patient.

I will be getting a coloplast titan with the classic genesis pump. Dr. Eid has measured me at 13 cms during my visit to him. I expect the same sizing to be achieved post recovery and cycling. Honestly at this time a working dick is all I want. 0.5-1 inch here and there is not something I would lose my sleep over.

Dr. Cordon mentioned to me that he will be giving me a nerve block with a steroid for pain management and also which will help minimise swelling. He was also against staying in bed whole day and told me to stay active by walking around the house, watch tv while sitting etc. for the icing he said he you can do it but not spend hours on it. This is different from what many other doctors have suggested including Dr. Eid.

I was told I can fly back 3 days after my surgery. I am staying with my sister at NJ so will fly out on the 5th morning. A follow up video consult after 2 weeks will be planned with Dr. Cordon and if necessary I will make another trip to Miami to learn how to use the implant and get a go ahead.

I will also try to take an appointment with Dr. Eid to show him my surgery results if possible.

Right now I am staying at an Airbnb in Miami. All my prescriptions have been taken and I am all set. Of course I am nervous but also I want to believe that this is the best solution to my problem and that it is just a matter of few weeks of discomfort.

I will keep this journal active and provide as many updates as I can. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask me here or by PM. I want to give back to the FT community as much as I can. Also, since Dr. Cordon is not discussed much here I would like to document my experience so that anyone who seeks surgery by him in future can benefit.

For now bye from my side. I hope to do a post again tomorrow after my surgery!

Regards,
Atul

i was operated by Dr Cordon last June. No issues, everything works great. Minimal swelling, I did not ice and was cycling 7 days later and I haven't stopped.

As an FYI, depending how you are doing you may not need to fly back. When I went in for the follow-up I was aware he was out of town. I met with his PA. She showed me how to inflate and deflate. The appt took 5 minutes. Took me longer to find a parking space. They key is if you can you feel the deflate buttons which will depend on your swelling. If you can feel the deflate buttons, Zoom could work.

The first inflate/deflate was tender but I was aggressive and sucked it up.

Everything will be great.

Joe
ED survivor 5 years. Tried pills, Gainswave, PRP, Bi-Mix/Tri Mix (worked 50% but very painful for 24 hours after injection.) 55 Gay - Single Titan Coloplast implanted June 1st, 2022, scrotal in Miami by Dr Billy Cordone..,very happy. Zero regrets

atul21

Postby atul21 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:28 pm

Cnidium wrote:I'm glad everything is going well so far with Billy. Hopefully we can add him to the list of top surgeons soon.

I think as the list of top surgeons grows the general market for IPPs will grow with it. More options, more competition for the customers, more money in the industry.

This journal is important, thank you for taking the time to write about your experience.

Thanks I do feel the same that Dr. Cordon and all other young doctors who are giving good results should be mentioned here on FT. I was talking to Dr. Billy today and told him about me writing this journal. He was thankful and said I don’t do much social media because I don’t have much time. I did advise him to figure out time and start making videos for youtube.

I think a summary sheet of all high volume surgeons can be added as a separate section with details about their methods and protocols.

I feel the best surgeon is one with whom you can connect. I felt that with Dr. Eid but since he went on leave I went on his recommendation and found Dr. Billy who is also equally nice and empathetic.
Coloplast Titan 22 cms one touch pump no rte; implanted by Dr. Billy Cordon in Miami on 02-March-2023. Found Dr. Cordon on reco from Dr. Eid after he fell sick.
Happy to help!
My Journal- click here

atul21

Postby atul21 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:38 pm

Floridaspeedo wrote:
i was operated by Dr Cordon last June. No issues, everything works great. Minimal swelling, I did not ice and was cycling 7 days later and I haven't stopped.

As an FYI, depending how you are doing you may not need to fly back. When I went in for the follow-up I was aware he was out of town. I met with his PA. She showed me how to inflate and deflate. The appt took 5 minutes. Took me longer to find a parking space. They key is if you can you feel the deflate buttons which will depend on your swelling. If you can feel the deflate buttons, Zoom could work.

The first inflate/deflate was tender but I was aggressive and sucked it up.

Everything will be great.

Joe

I plan to first do a video consult with Dr. Cordon and if everything is fine then not make a trip. If he says that I need to come, I will make the trip.
I do have pain in my shaft and scrotum both despite the nerve block. I shall ask the doc about it. I just took my second oxycodone for the day and took tylenol which did not work.

The pain level is not very high but it is there.
Happy to help!
My Journal- click here

Jage64

Postby Jage64 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:53 pm

Tylenol has never worked very well for me. I found that Advil (ibuprofen) worked much better. Ibuprofen is not contraindicated and can be used with oxycodone and is also an anti-inflammatory. More info available on the internet.
https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions ... 770-0.html

I was using Tylenol for a day or two and would chase it with a Coke (caffeine increases the pain relieving affects of acetaminophen) and had moderate success. When I switched to ibuprofen I could feel the difference and it worked much better.
https://www.drugs.com/mtm/acetaminophen ... feine.html

I am not a doctor, and more importantly, I'm not your doctor. My wife is a RN.
2/22/23 AMS 700 CX 21cm + 1.5cm RTEs. 58 yrs old, wife of 37 yrs. Penoscrotal. 100ml Conceal reservoir. Dr. Clavell. Pills failing and went right to implant, skipped the injections. 12 mos. later: 7 1/2" x 5 3/4"

atul21

Postby atul21 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:54 pm

I was talking to the nurse and she and I concluded that I have more pain right now because the catheter was inserted after surgery. Dr. Billy removes the catheter used during surgery and see if the patient can pee. If you can pee they let you stay without catheter. But in my case I had trouble in peeing and hence they inserted a Foley catheter. It was very painful while it was inserted and still is causing me a lot of discomfort.
The brighter side of this could be that I have enough sensation left in my shaft that I can feel all this discomfort and main. Though I am not sure.

Anyone here has anything to share about catheter being added after?
Happy to help!
My Journal- click here

atul21

Postby atul21 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:48 am

Day 2-
Early morning I woke up while my vital stats were being checked (I am in hospital for a day)

The pain level has increased may be because the pain killer effect is wearing off. Also, for the first time I can feel my reservoir area hurting a tad bit. The shaft is very sore now (4-5 pain)

Also, the throat is very sore after the anaesthesia. Last night I also got some morphine to help with pain and assist in sleep. I slept about 4 hours. But now awake writing this at 04:45 AM.

I get discharged today. Will continue with more updates throughout the day.
Happy to help!
My Journal- click here

Floridaspeedo

Postby Floridaspeedo » Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:18 am

Atul

The pain/discomfort was minimal but I did take the Oxy maybe 3 - 4 times so not unexpected especially after the nerve block wears off. Also, the healing and subsequent pain/discomfort is not linear.

I would have a day or 2 feeling great then a day where I was sore. So there were days I thought is something wrong? The next day though I was better.

The best I can say is to NOT concentrate on it. Get out, move around. The more I got back to normal, the better I felt. Even 6 months after surgery I could feel a twinge every once and a while.

Everything was fine and just part of the healing process.
ED survivor 5 years. Tried pills, Gainswave, PRP, Bi-Mix/Tri Mix (worked 50% but very painful for 24 hours after injection.) 55 Gay - Single Titan Coloplast implanted June 1st, 2022, scrotal in Miami by Dr Billy Cordone..,very happy. Zero regrets

personfromon

Postby personfromon » Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:44 am

Thanks for this journal Atul, I (as I'm sure a few others) am considering Dr. Cordon now that Eid has had to take a leave. Looking forward to more updates and hope your recovery moves in the right direction!

Return to “Implants”