8 implants and counting - 10/15/2015 UPDATE

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
hard drive

Re: Monday, Nov. 19th is the big day-ONE MONTH UPDATE

Postby hard drive » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:18 pm

Well here I am in the hospital again. I have a perforated urethra and they are removing the implant. I'm told I probably won't be able to get another one. For me this means a divorce is coming as well. I'm pretty depressed right now and seriously considering doing something drastic.

Thanks for all the support over the past couple of years. It's been good communicating with you. I wish you all the best of luck.
harddrive

hard drive

5 failed implants - Removal in a few hours

Postby hard drive » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:23 pm

hard drive wrote:Monday I'll be getting my 5th implant surgery in 2 years. Lets hope the 5th time is a charm. I've already lost over 2" in length and noticeable girth as a result of scaring a shrinkage. The scaring in the scrotum is the absolute worst.

Please pray for me, the last time around I almost died due to super-infection. I just want to finally have a very good result and possibly a normal sex life. I used to be a well endowed man, not the case now, I hate it...
harddrive

jeremc

Re: 5 failed implants - Removal in a few hours

Postby jeremc » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:40 pm

YOU DO have all of our prayers!
Take this one day at a time and this one will work. I get mine next Thursday and we can go through the healing period together.
I'm there for you as are the rest of the guys here.
Just remember, your not alone,
My love and prayers go with you,
Jere
Page 7, 1st LGX 18+3 on 12/27/2012. 2nd LGX 18+6 on 12/11/2014, 3ed CX 24+3 on 5/29/19. bionicjere on Skype

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:46 pm

You do have my prayers! I hope that something surprising will happen and they will be able to save things for you and your wife.

Dave
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

SteveTex

Postby SteveTex » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:58 am

Hard drive - hang in there. You need to take some time consider all options. Will the vacuum pump work at all for you anymore? I say seek out some different opinions as I'm sure there is a solution somewhere.

Also, I can say from personal expereince, whiel I was out of commission, I researched cunnilingus. I developed my technique with that and I can say it is a huge hit. Most women do not get an orgasm from intercourse. I repeat - MOST women DO NOT get an orgasm from intercourse. But almost all will from good cunnilingus technique. you'll be a big hit and then can work on your other options.

Hang tough, my friend!!! :D

Steve
Age 61.

danny1553

Postby danny1553 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:58 pm

SteveTex wrote: I repeat - MOST women DO NOT get an orgasm from intercourse. But almost all will from good cunnilingus technique.

I wish it was a case with my wife. She can easily skip oral alltogether, and the only time she enjoys is when the dick is like an iron bar :)

MARKOS2018

Postby MARKOS2018 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:33 pm

Hard drive,

Life is beautiful and think of all the good times that you had and all that is ahead of you. I pray that the surgery will be successful and that you will be on the mend in no time at all.

I have had my ups and downs but I persevered as you should. I thought I would die and not make it through the surgeries. I cried myself home from the hospital 3 times, couldn't believe that I made it. Just think about getting better for now.

There are many ways to pleasure the wife as others have stated. Giving oral to my wife is the best and she has multiple O's.... The aftermath is for me if I can make it.

Wish you the best through this tough time.

Mike
Titan implanted by Dr Eid Due to Peyronies, Implant was the only option for me.

Minnesota

Postby Minnesota » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:20 pm

Charles I will be thinking about you! What brand of implant did you use?
Diagnosed with ED at age of 19, Implanted with Coloplast Titan at age 20. Now 34 (2023)
Titan failed 09/2020, replaced on 10/2/2020 by Kolher @ Mayo Clinic in Minnesota

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:44 am

Hello All,

As you can see this is a very old thread. I've been gone for about a year trying to deal with my mental & physical aftermath left behind by all the failed implants and associated complications.

To cut to the chase, I was implanted again Jan 28, 2014 by Dr. John Mulcahy in the Birmingham AL, VA Hospital. I have very mixed emotions about the outcome. The AMS CXR WAS used, the right cylinder only reaches the edged of the glans, the left cylinder is about 1-1/2" shorter than the right. This leaves me with a soft floppy head. The pump tubing is very short and drapes across the top (it was an infrapubic procedure) of the penis and dangles on the right hand side. The tubing is too short so the pump is above the scrotum, no inside of the sac. If you pull upward on the penis towards the abdomen, the pump is about 3" from the tip of the glans.

So, unless something miraculous happens, it's not usable. I also lost muscular control, and it now points almost straight down even when inflated, so I have a hunch that the suspensory ligaments have been modified in a failed effort to enhance my DRASTICALLY reduced size.

I had slightly less than 8" when this journey started. I now have about 4" and even that is obstructed by pump placement.

The Dr. That did my implant is supposed to be a well known master at this operation (so I've been told). He's not a VA Doctor, but rather an outside VA consultant. This is the only surgery he does, and he's done them for several decades (He's 74 years old). A very nice doctor, but I didn't really get to speak with him much. Not on the procedure day (I was already under when he came in), not afterwards either because he had already left when I awoke (he seems to be a very busy man).

I contacted my regular urologist who did all the other surgeries and he said he can relocate the pump. I haven't told him about the short cylinders yet. I'll show that to him on the 11th, when I go in for the followup. I'm sure he can't do anything about the cylinders though. If this semi-works out, I'm going to push for a do over after a couple of years, and demand the LGX. I'll have to travel for that but right now I'm pretty concerned about the pump.
harddrive

yankfan042249

Re: 5 failed implants-Removal in a few hours-Years Passed Update

Postby yankfan042249 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:50 pm

Good luck and Godspeed with your corrective surgery.
Never give up, the solution is there

Return to “Implants”