From IPP to malleable experiences?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
GermanGuy

From IPP to malleable experiences?

Postby GermanGuy » Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:05 am

Hello everyone, since there really aren't many reports on this, I'm starting a new attempt.

Can those who (by choice or not) first had a 3-piece IPP and then switched to a malleable implant briefly share their experiences? What are the individual advantages and disadvantages?

I currently have a Titan OTR implant and my 3 biggest pros and cons are:
+ Difference in hardness between inflated and deflated
+ Mechanical control over erection induction
+ very good imitation of a natural erection

- ticking time bomb: every push can be the last, constantly thinking whether everything is still working
- numerous, expensive revisions in the course of life
- service life significantly shorter than marketed

Thank you for all the reports, it really means a lot to me
28, Titan Touch 3/22. Length + girth back. ED all life. Feeling underfilled. Only 6-7 pumps until pump stays depressed. Hardness acceptable but not very strong. Thinking about malleable implant.

Frenchie

Re: From IPP to malleable experiences?

Postby Frenchie » Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:46 pm

GermanGuy wrote:Hello everyone, since there really aren't many reports on this, I'm starting a new attempt.

Can those who (by choice or not) first had a 3-piece IPP and then switched to a malleable implant briefly share their experiences? What are the individual advantages and disadvantages?

I currently have a Titan OTR implant and my 3 biggest pros and cons are:
+ Difference in hardness between inflated and deflated
+ Mechanical control over erection induction
+ very good imitation of a natural erection

- ticking time bomb: every push can be the last, constantly thinking whether everything is still working
- numerous, expensive revisions in the course of life
- service life significantly shorter than marketed

Thank you for all the reports, it really means a lot to me

Who was your surgeon? Why arent you satisfied with your implant?
Venous like since I was 20 years old. Pills don't work too well. Thinking of implant in the future

Youngmen

Postby Youngmen » Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:10 pm

Is your implant still working?
1995, ED since birth due to venous leak. Pills worked but then get
peyronies. 24 cm Coloplast Titan with Dr Osmonov, germany on 2019/21/3

GermanGuy

Postby GermanGuy » Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:34 pm

„Who was your surgeon? Why arent you satisfied with your implant?“
„Is your implant still working?“

I don't want to give the name of my surgeon publicly. I hope he didn't want the result as it is now any more than I do. I'll give him the chance to express himself at the next appointment. the last 2 appointments he tried to downplay everything.

the implant never worked 100%. As you can see from my signature text, I can only pump a few times until the pump remains pressed in. I think that there is not enough saline in the system.

I'm very torn about whether I want to apply for a warranty claim. I 'only' have to bear the costs of the surgery, but that's a few thousand euros. Especially since there is never a guarantee that it will work (see 1st OP) and the last 11 months have brought me to my limits mentally. I know only hymns of praise are accepted here, but it can also be hell on earth, it's just ignored by most of the actors.
28, Titan Touch 3/22. Length + girth back. ED all life. Feeling underfilled. Only 6-7 pumps until pump stays depressed. Hardness acceptable but not very strong. Thinking about malleable implant.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:12 pm

GermanGuy wrote:„Who was your surgeon? Why arent you satisfied with your implant?“
„Is your implant still working?“
I don't want to give the name of my surgeon publicly. I hope he didn't want the result as it is now any more than I do. I'll give him the chance to express himself at the next appointment. the last 2 appointments he tried to downplay everything.
the implant never worked 100%. As you can see from my signature text, I can only pump a few times until the pump remains pressed in. I think that there is not enough saline in the system.
I'm very torn about whether I want to apply for a warranty claim. I 'only' have to bear the costs of the surgery, but that's a few thousand euros. Especially since there is never a guarantee that it will work (see 1st OP) and the last 11 months have brought me to my limits mentally. I know only hymns of praise are accepted here, but it can also be hell on earth, it's just ignored by most of the actors.

My only suggestion is that if you don't complain its unlikely you'll get a fix. Complaining once isn't enough. We say that "the squeaky wheel gets the grease". You might need to be that squeaky wheel.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

GermanGuy

Postby GermanGuy » Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:41 pm

that's well said! i hope that there will be a solution for me soon... because of my situation i'm also thinking about a malleable implant. It sounds like an acceptable alternative solution to me.

That's why I'd love to have information or experience about it, but apart from individual reports you won't find anything about it here. it's really strange.

FinallyBionic

Postby FinallyBionic » Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:00 pm

GermanGuy,
Your problem seems to be a surgeon's problem, not an implant technic one.
If your surgeon isn't qualified enough, he can mess up even the easy malleable one. I don't know how soon you would go for a revision, but this depends on how satisfied you are with the current one. If you can still have erections enough for sex, you may need to wait before going to a revision.
When it is time for a revision, let the surgeon decide what is best for your case. You already have the 3-piece implant installed. Switching to a malleable or replacing the inflatable can be the same job, specially if only the cylinders are replaced.
Finally Bionic
1969. RP Oct. 2017. Pills and Trimix didn't work. Inguinal hernia repair on both sides. AMS CX 21 cm+1 RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at Kaiser, VA, Jan. 2021. FT member since July 2020 as AST2123. See my previous 457 posts.

Daytripper

Postby Daytripper » Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:05 am

GermanGuy, theres several things that come to mind but first you dont owe this surgeon any type of discretion to not say his name, he screwed up and needs to own the problem however It is up to you.

Second, I dont think you will be happier with a malleable because its not as convenient as the three piece because can not deflate and you have the known risk of erosion over time. Also you'll likely have less girth and length.

There is a possibility your three piece can be repaired without needing to replace the whole thing especially if the problem is the reservoir is underfilled. This could be a very simple repair.

Lastly if you're not getting the care and attention from your doctor seek a second opinion from another doctor.
Wish you the best of luck
62 yrs old first implanted 9/4/2012 Titan OTR, lasted 10 years failed on 9/7/2022. Revision by Dr. Clavell 4/5/2023. 24cm + 1cm RTE's, Titan OTR. 110CC cloverleaf reservoir. Penoscrotal both times.

GoodWood

Postby GoodWood » Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:50 am

Although I don’t have an implant I work in healthcare and have been involved in lots of implant surgeries.

The two instances where I’ve seen people switch from IPP to malleable is infection (usually with IPP put back in after the infection clears), and when a pt has such bad arthritis or weakness in their hands that they eventually begin to struggle with the pump.

And on your con list, I wouldn’t call an IPP a “ticking time bomb” because it will eventually wear out. I don’t call my car a ticking time bomb and it will probably last as long.

Be careful of judging how long an IPP lasts based on posts here. The guys with IPPs that work great without trouble are a lot less likely to be here posting. The guys with issues post here because it’s a great resource for information.

But most importantly, get a second opinion from a high volume surgeon. 6 or 7 pumps is all, yet your implant is not super rigid. Something doesn’t sound right. Get a second opinion.
55yo, NYC. ED started at 40. 50 units BiMix + Atropine (Pap 30/Phen 6/Atr 0.2). Prostaglandins caused aching. Doses increasing. A cock ring helps. Phallosan Forte tension devise to maintain size. Eager to talk about implant experiences.

implantguy1

Postby implantguy1 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:06 am

GoodWood as had involved in many implant surgeries what are your reviews about malleable implants? Are patients satisfied after it? What do you know about malleables?

Return to “Implants”