Bike Seat For Men With Implants

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
PCHelp76180

Bike Seat For Men With Implants

Postby PCHelp76180 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:27 pm

For those of you that bicycle with a implant or prosthetic, what have you used for a comfortable bike seat?
ED since my late 30's. Implanted 7/7/15 Titan Coloplast 18cm +4 cm extenders. Revision Jan 2017

Daytripper

Re: Bike Seat For Men With Implants

Postby Daytripper » Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:01 am

I use the spiderflex seat, it takes the stress and weight off the scrotum. Compared to a traditional seat which places stress on your scrotum at the point where the pump and tubing connections are located. This always made me nervous which is why i switched bike seats. btw the spiderflex instructions are not the best and it does take some trial and error to find your sweet spot but once you do you'll be very comfortable. https://spiderflex.com/
62 yrs old first implanted 9/4/2012 Titan OTR, lasted 10 years failed on 9/7/2022. Revision by Dr. Clavell 4/5/2023. 24cm + 1cm RTE's, Titan OTR. 110CC cloverleaf reservoir. Penoscrotal both times.

PCHelp76180

Postby PCHelp76180 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:09 pm

Daytripper wrote:I use the spiderflex seat, it takes the stress and weight off the scrotum. Compared to a traditional seat which places stress on your scrotum at the point where the pump and tubing connections are located. This always made me nervous which is why i switched bike seats. btw the spiderflex instructions are not the best and it does take some trial and error to find your sweet spot but once you do you'll be very comfortable. https://spiderflex.com/

Thank you for the information and link
ED since my late 30's. Implanted 7/7/15 Titan Coloplast 18cm +4 cm extenders. Revision Jan 2017

SWorks17

Postby SWorks17 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:46 pm

I had concerns also with the type of saddle I would use after my implant. I ordered one of those no nose seats like the one in the link the guy provided. I tried two. I ordered a Vseat and put it on my indoor stationary bike.
I also ordered a Hobson Easyseat II to put on my road bike.
I got back on my Road bike 5 weeks after surgery. I could definitely feel the pain and tightness and I felt like I could feel the third ball moving around, even though the no nose seat didn't put any stress or pressure on my sack with the three boys, I couldn't stand riding on top of the seat pads, it was so uncomfortable, I was always having to adjust my position on the seat and felt like I was always falling off.

So at at 8 weeks, I put my original bike saddle back on my Road bike a ISM PL1.1 40. https://ismseat.com/performance-long/pl-1-1/
It is considered a no nose seat but it does have a nose, it is split at the front so it doesn't put pressure on your soft underside. This type saddle lets your sit bones straddle the seat rather than sitting on top.
After healing up I didn't have a problem with my old seat. I've always used jockey sport cool mesh performance brief inside my riding bibs. It keeps my boys secure, so I still wear them to act like a jock strap to keep everything together and so nothing rubs. https://www.jockey.com/catalog/product/ ... color=0001

I haven't had any problems going back to my old saddle, very rarely can I feel the third ball down there and I don't even think about it now. This year I put 5,832 miles on my bike.

Good Luck, if you want to PM me to ask more questions, I'll be happy to answer them.
Age 66, Garden Ridge Texas, Progressive ED after Boston Scientific Rezum procedure for benign enlarged prostate 19 May 21, AMS LGX 18 w 3cm rear tips installed 5 Nov 2021 by Dr Shane Barney, Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, Married 35 years

Return to “Implants”