Just implanted, RTE advice

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
aussiePeyronies

Just implanted, RTE advice

Postby aussiePeyronies » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:21 pm

Implanted one week ago, I asked my Doctor what size he gave me, and he said it was a 22cm Titan + 2.5cm RTTEs. I asked him why he didn't use the 24cm Titan and 0.5cm RTE as, he said himself in our initial consult that he prefers to use less RTEs. He said that, with the 24cm Titan, it would have caused complications for him putting in the pump? He told me that the RTEs are well placed in the rear, and that I would not feel them.

I was a bit disappointed as, from everything I have researched, the less RTEs the better.

Can anyone please advise on whether, using a 24cm Titan with 0.5cm RTE may have been better, or if having 2.5cm RTEs will cause any complications (dog ears, axial rigidity etc).

Thank you,
J
34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

Implant + Tunica Expansion Procedure, 7th Feb 2023, Titan 22cm + 1cm RTE

Craigohbig

Re: Just implanted, RTE advice

Postby Craigohbig » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:35 pm

Probably nonsense
42 ED for 9 years vl after a fall. Pre implant 8 1/4 bp x 6 1/8 ish
Clavell titan 26+1 rte…post op very excited: 8 5/8” x 6 1/4” (7” base)
Starting to lose some length

Txagq8

Postby Txagq8 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:51 pm

I’m not sure where the “less RTEs is better” mantra came from.

I would not waste a moment worrying. You’ve got 24.5 cm of implant in there. You ought to get a great result.

I’m walking around with 23 cm total, 5 cm of that is RTE, I’ve got a great outcome and terrific angle and can not detect any issue at all. It’s like your doc said. They’re embedded way in the back, behind the pubic bone, and not in any way part of that portion of your dick that’s visible.

Don’t second guess your doc. It’ll be fine. Better than fine, most likely.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

aussiePeyronies

Postby aussiePeyronies » Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:26 pm

Txagq8 wrote:I’m not sure where the “less RTEs is better” mantra came from.

I would not waste a moment worrying. You’ve got 24.5 cm of implant in there. You ought to get a great result.

I’m walking around with 23 cm total, 5 cm of that is RTE, I’ve got a great outcome and terrific angle and can not detect any issue at all. It’s like your doc said. They’re embedded way in the back, behind the pubic bone, and not in any way part of that portion of your dick that’s visible.

Don’t second guess your doc. It’ll be fine. Better than fine, most likely.

Thanks for this, I guess I am just worried after reading all the negative posts about RTEs. Your advice is reassuring.

Do you have a journal with your journey?

Thanks again,
J
34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

aussiePeyronies

Postby aussiePeyronies » Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:28 pm

WatNext wrote:Hey mate, guess what? I think we're twins now.

I was implanted with Dr Love. Discussed that I didn't want RTEs also.

I ended up with 22cm + 3.5 RTE one side, 3 RTE the other.

He said he needed to use RTEs because of the pump placement and where the tubes are routed .

I have a very deep crus (over 4 inches...what a waste lol) and had he used the 24cm the tubes would have been too far to the back.

I'm a little disappointed too because (maybe wrong) I would've thought more Inflation toward the rear would be more stable and provide more feeling.

It works as it should so nothing can be done.

Hey man, he told me exactly that as well. I was confused because he did say, in the original consult, that he preferred not to use RTEs.

How did your implant turn out? Do you have a journal?

J

Pamen116

Postby Pamen116 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:39 pm

It’s depends on your crus. From my experience with 3 implants all different RTEs (unfortunately) it seems like less RTEs lead to higher chance of “dog ears” because the implant is farther inside the crus, where as the RTEs act as hard plastic stabilizers inside the crus pushing the implant out further. When deflated one will give you dog ears because the bend of the implant in your crus, the other not so much because it’s outside of your crus.

Sorry hard to articulate but hope this helps.
30 yrs old. Current IPP failed in 2022. Waiting revision. No insurance. I’ve had both Titan & AMS.

Txagq8

Postby Txagq8 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:43 pm

aussiePeyronies wrote:Thanks for this, I guess I am just worried after reading all the negative posts about RTEs. Your advice is reassuring.

Do you have a journal with your journey?

Thanks again,
J

No journal but you can look up my posts after Dec 31 2019.

Pics in Members Only forum, DOTD, p. 99
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

FMLFML85

Postby FMLFML85 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:32 am

aussiePeyronies wrote:Implanted one week ago, I asked my Doctor what size he gave me, and he said it was a 22cm Titan + 2.5cm RTTEs. I asked him why he didn't use the 24cm Titan and 0.5cm RTE as, he said himself in our initial consult that he prefers to use less RTEs. He said that, with the 24cm Titan, it would have caused complications for him putting in the pump? He told me that the RTEs are well placed in the rear, and that I would not feel them.

I was a bit disappointed as, from everything I have researched, the less RTEs the better.

Can anyone please advise on whether, using a 24cm Titan with 0.5cm RTE may have been better, or if having 2.5cm RTEs will cause any complications (dog ears, axial rigidity etc).

Thank you,
J

I would think having shorter cylinders would decrease the size of dog ears compared to longer cylinders. Since the cylinders are shorter they will expand in girth more then a longer implant would. If you blew the same amount of air into two balloons, a shorter balloon would expand more in circumference then a longer balloon.

aussiePeyronies

Postby aussiePeyronies » Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:09 am

FMLFML85 wrote:
aussiePeyronies wrote:Implanted one week ago, I asked my Doctor what size he gave me, and he said it was a 22cm Titan + 2.5cm RTTEs. I asked him why he didn't use the 24cm Titan and 0.5cm RTE as, he said himself in our initial consult that he prefers to use less RTEs. He said that, with the 24cm Titan, it would have caused complications for him putting in the pump? He told me that the RTEs are well placed in the rear, and that I would not feel them.

Thank you,
J

I would think having shorter cylinders would decrease the size of dog ears compared to longer cylinders. Since the cylinders are shorter they will expand in girth more then a longer implant would. If you blew the same amount of air into two balloons, a shorter balloon would expand more in circumference then a longer balloon.

Am I understanding correctly then, that RTEs are advantageous by reducing the size of dog ears and providing extra girth? Why is everyone against RTEs if this is the case?

FMLFML85

Postby FMLFML85 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:23 am

aussiePeyronies wrote:
FMLFML85 wrote:

Thank you,
J

Am I understanding correctly then, that RTEs are advantageous by reducing the size of dog ears and providing extra girth? Why is everyone against RTEs if this is the case?

The implant has folds in it like an accordion. The longer it is and the more folds it has. The folds are what cause the dog ears. If you’re able to max out your implant and use all the saline then hypothetically the shorter implant would have more girth then the longer implant. Not everyone does max out their implant so this wouldn’t be a factor for them. The rte can cause the implant to bend/hinge effect where the implant meets the rte. This usually dosnt happen because the implant is deep in the crus. Like if you have 6cm of the implant internal you would still have 4cm of cylinders before they meet the rte.

Return to “Implants”