New member here

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
sspmattpb

New member here

Postby sspmattpb » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:47 pm

Hi to all from the Twin Cities, MN. I came across this forum thru another menber posting to a different group I belong to on Yahoo and I am glad I did. A little about me; I am a 55 year old guy who started having ED issues about 5 years ago. I went to a urologist who professed to be an expert in ED and he did a complete blood work-up and a physical exam. He indicated my testerone levels were low, so he prescribed injections, or if I preferred, cream. Being the "chicken" that I am, I obviously opted for the cream. He also said I had a slight plaque build-up which could eventually lead to Peyronie's . His answer was Verapmil injections (see last sentence) or ultra-sound to try and break up the plaque. After alot of sessions, I finally realized this guy was good at billing, but his treatments were not working. I eventually got the usual ED samples from my regular physician and was able to stay "up" most of the time, until about 2 years ago. I decided that having one of the best medical facilities in the world 70 miles south of me, I should probably pay a visit to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. Afte initial exams and work-up, I met Dr Ajay Nehra who indicated that I did have full blown Peyronie's and that my ED was most likely exacerbated by the disease. I was prescribed a VED, given instructions to wait 4 to 5 months while using the device and to come back for Penile ultrasound with injections to determine the full extent of my ED. It turns out, I not only have the peyronie's with a 120 degree curve but also extensive venous leakage. So, my best option, according to Dr. Nehra, is an implant. This news was delivered in April of this year. Needless to say, I am anxious, nervous, scared, pissed off, blaming myself (too many j/o sessions?!) all the stuff that goes thru your mind. I know I am too young to hang up my sex drive, so I am trying to summon the courage to make this decision to go forward, so that I can enjoy that part of my life once again. Any comments any one may have to help me in my quest, I am most appreciative. Matt
ED onset in 2003
Peyronie's Disease onset in 2005
Venous Leakage diagnosed 2009
Implant Surgery 11.29.2010 @ Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN

rdpugh

Re: New member here

Postby rdpugh » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:28 am

Look for posts here by JackPTenn. He had peyronies and went for implant. Alot of advice in his posts about what to do, what not to do, and who to go to for the implant, and who not to go to due to the peyronies.

franglais

Postby franglais » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:46 am

x
Last edited by franglais on Sun May 22, 2011 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uptwoit

Postby uptwoit » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:22 pm

Hey Matt:
We know the frustration......I spent 10+ years due to ED, Peyronies, and a large venous leak.....take the step..the best decision you can make. I had my implant in 'o8 at 73. Questions? Ask away.

Bob

Return to “Implants”