6 weeks post op and still too sore to cycle

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
JetsFan1594

Re: 6 weeks post op and still too sore to cycle

Postby JetsFan1594 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:48 pm

frank66665 wrote:guys, apart from the inflamed/swollen scrotum, doesn't the shaft hurt terribly strong?

This is my situation. Scrotum and incision have zero swelling or pain. Pubic bone area and especially shaft hurt like a mofo
28M, inadequate partial erections as far back as I can remember due to VL. Completely unresponsive to pills, disappointing response to Trimix. Stretch test 19cm. Implanted 1/6/23 24cm Coloplast Titan (Classic Model) by Dr Eid with .5cm RTE on left side

frank66665

Postby frank66665 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:01 pm

JetsFan1594 wrote:
frank66665 wrote:guys, apart from the inflamed/swollen scrotum, doesn't the shaft hurt terribly strong?

This is my situation. Scrotum and incision have zero swelling or pain. Pubic bone area and especially shaft hurt like a mofo

sent pm
56, ED since 2010, pills work but not always and well, trt in progress improved but not so much, myocardial infarction january 2016, new stent september 2016, hypertension, venous on 1/23/23 titan one touch 22, no rte dottor Gabriele Antonini Italia

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:14 pm

Don't worry about it, we all heal at our own pace.
For what it's worth, I did a hot bath every morning to ease soreness. Found Aspercream worked wonders to knock pain down, a small dab smeared on my shaft lasted most of the day. Used a kids sock to cover my shaft when I had to get dressed to keep my sensitive head from rubbing my underwear.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Livingstonguy

Postby Livingstonguy » Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:57 pm

newbie443 wrote:Like was said it depends on the person and what was done. If there was extra work done inside the corpora then there would be more pain and longer recovery. The doctor does make a difference also. Not all doctors are at the same skill level. And this is not the first time I have read that a man has had a painful reaction to the device coating. Not something that happens very often. Can't remember a lot about the other times that came up but maybe someone had a medication they were taking. But that could have been something else altogether and just my poor memory. But no harm in checking just in case. If it is the coating on the AMS device that is causing the pain the good news is that the Titan has a coating that permits the doctor to choose an antibiotic solution. So you might make a note of it and if you need a revision opt for the Titan and a different antibiotic solution.

As far as early activation if you go to the general section of this site in the documents worth reading thread pinned to the top you will find a publication about the "coffin effect". This study shows a relation of size loss to longer activation time. Again doctors are different and some have the skill and surgical procedure to permit early activation and others do not. And even the doctors that do early activation will have men who take longer mostly because of the extra work that was needed.

Thanks for the reply but I do take some issue with a couple of things you said. First, I had no other work done. Secondly, you twice you mentioned the skill of the Dr. The Dr that did my implant has done over 7000 implants and AUS surgeries in his 40 year career and I have complete confidence in his abilities. If he says it's the antibiotic causing my tenderness, I believe him.
Implanted 12/22/2022 AMS 700cx 21cm with 1 cm RTE at St Thomas midtown in Nashville
Livingston, TN (BFE)
60 years old Prostate cancer at 58 with RP at Vanderbilt

Married 40 years to my best friend

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:19 pm

Livingstonguy wrote:Thanks for the reply but I do take some issue with a couple of things you said. First, I had no other work done. Secondly, you twice you mentioned the skill of the Dr. The Dr that did my implant has done over 7000 implants and AUS surgeries in his 40 year career and I have complete confidence in his abilities. If he says it's the antibiotic causing my tenderness, I believe him.

Yes we are saying the same thing. There were other folks that responded to this post and many more (look at the view count) who are reading and following it. You did not include that information in your first post nor did the others. Your reason is the AMS coating and you can search for information on that. The possibility of it being caused by a medication you are on or the possibility of a medication to relieve the reaction. As I said there have been others on this site that have posted this. And you might do a web search or contact AMS as you should have been assigned a rep for contact.

Some times I do not have time to finish a reply. We just do the best we can. I know you are having trouble and it is a really stressful time. I hope you are able to find some information that will help.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Return to “Implants”