Open ended vasectomy okay before an implant?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
frwmw1

Open ended vasectomy okay before an implant?

Postby frwmw1 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:50 pm

In an open ended vasectomy, part of the tube, leaving the end connected to the testicle is completely opened.

This allows the sperm to be released within the scrotum.

Can this cause complications to the pump and tubing, in future, or cause complications during the operation?

Edit: BTW, Perito says here the average age of his patients is about 40:

https://peritourology.com/2020/01/mtp-4 ... same-time/
45yo, venous leak. Pills increased tinnitus (very rare). Using bimix+atropine, 0.2 of:
Atropine Sulfate: 52MCG/ML, Phentolamine MES: 0.9MG/ML, Papaverine HCL: 26MG/ML

frwmw1

Re: Open ended vasectomy okay before an implant?

Postby frwmw1 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:20 am

Reason I ask is, because I don't read of the implant surgeons specifying that they perform open ended vasectomies.
45yo, venous leak. Pills increased tinnitus (very rare). Using bimix+atropine, 0.2 of:

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:19 pm

Seeing that no one has answered with hard facts, I will speculate

I doubt very much if sperm swimming loose in your scrotum present any problem to the implant or greater risk to you.

I imagine that the greatest risk of an open vesectomy is that a few sperm may be able to find the other end of the vas deferns and make it out into your ejaculate.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

frwmw1

Postby frwmw1 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:21 am

Lost Sheep wrote:Seeing that no one has answered with hard facts, I will speculate

I doubt very much if sperm swimming loose in your scrotum present any problem to the implant or greater risk to you.

I imagine that the greatest risk of an open vesectomy is that a few sperm may be able to find the other end of the vas deferns and make it out into your ejaculate.

Thanks. What they do with an open ended vasectomy, is they open only one end, and close the other, so that the sperm can't make it's way back in.

Rider1400

Postby Rider1400 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:10 am

Good question for the performing surgeon…. But my personal non professional opinion is it wouldn’t hurt a thing. Sperm will be sterile so no risk of infection. If it was a problem and you’re having your implant done thru scrotum then surgeon could close the ends…. Problem solved.
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

Return to “Implants”