Now Bionic - cycling frustrations

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
TriHardDave

Now Bionic - cycling frustrations

Postby TriHardDave » Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:53 am

4th week post penile implant and going Bionic

So I went back to UCLH last week for my first check-up post penile implant and for an education in using the pump. My healing/recovery has been pretty good - the stitches have disappeared and everything looks neat and tidy. Little to no pain. All good. I had a feel around for the pump prior to my hospital visit but hadn't activated it.

I was expecting a lot of pain when first activated by Doctor but to be honest it wasn't all that bad - I felt the pop and then a few good pumps and I was firm - not a great difference in girth+length from deflated (flaccid) position but early days. It did take a bit of time finding the deflation button (I have the AMS700 LGX) but eventually got the hang of it and heard the gurgling sound as the solution left the cylinders.

I was told to inflate once a day for 30 mins to start with. Over the last few days I have manged to carry out my cycling exercises (best in morning after a night's sleep - nice and warm and easier to locate pump) - I know it is very early days and everything I have read on FT highlights patience, sticking with it and following doctor's instructions.

My only frustations (at this stage) is that it really only takes 3-4 pumps to get erect and I cannot get many more pumps in despite moving my penis around (Perito exercies). It is definitely erect (quite hard) but other than that not a huge difference from the flaccid state. Saying that, I can now easily find the deflate button but it also doesn't deflate as much as I thought - nice to have a bit more to show, however I would ideally like a greater change of state from fully inflated to fully deflated. Hopefully this will be come with time.

I still have a bit of a bend (previously had a minor Peyronnies issue and 30% curvature), however I have also been told this would improve in time.

Any advice from the FT community would be welcomed, especially anyone who after 3-4 weeks had a similar experience to me. I did keep my vacuum pump so don't know if I can utilise that over the coming weeks to help in my recovery. No sex yet but I also expect this will also be a big benefit in due course (for more reasons than one! :D ).

Thanks for all the support
54 years old. Married. RP in 2019. ED issues since RP, sexually active before operation. Invicorp injections only medication that works but caused Peyronies. AMS 700LGX 18+2 implant on 07.01.23 by Dr Ralph at UCLH

Return to “Implants”