Eid is on sick leave

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
atul21

Re: Eid is on sick leave

Postby atul21 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:28 pm

I am now starting to get worried after reading that Dr. Eid may be out of office for a long time. I was due for surgery on coming Friday 03-Feb.
My biggest issue is that I will lose my insurance coverage post my divorce in May-2023. Will also lose my visa and be forced to leave the USA. I know may is still 3 months away. I really hope we get some kind of positive news next week. If not then I would also expect their office to tell correctly and not keep us in dark. Right now all they say is that everything is on hold indefinitely till further notice.
I have great respect for Dr. Eid and would be fine waiting for few weeks. I am really worried. The whole ED has already taken so much of my peace and also led to my wife leaving me. The whole trauma seems to never end :cry:
41 yr old from India, Ed since many years
Coloplast Titan 22 cms one touch pump no rte; implanted by Dr. Billy Cordon in Miami on 02-March-2023. Found Dr. Cordon on reco from Dr. Eid after he fell sick.
Happy to help!
My Journal- click here

KeithC

Postby KeithC » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:49 pm

atul21 wrote:I am now starting to get worried after reading that Dr. Eid may be out of office for a long time. I was due for surgery on coming Friday 03-Feb.
My biggest issue is that I will lose my insurance coverage post my divorce in May-2023. Will also lose my visa and be forced to leave the USA. I know may is still 3 months away. I really hope we get some kind of positive news next week. If not then I would also expect their office to tell correctly and not keep us in dark. Right now all they say is that everything is on hold indefinitely till further notice.
I have great respect for Dr. Eid and would be fine waiting for few weeks. I am really worried. The whole ED has already taken so much of my peace and also led to my wife leaving me. The whole trauma seems to never end :cry:

I would forget about Dr. Eid if I were you.

There are many doctors in New York and all over the country that can do a good job of installing an implant.

Many guys here are stuck on using him or a few other guys in Houston or Florida. Nobody here talks about my surgeon who did an excellent job in the DFW area. Don't get tunnel vision.

Eid may not be back to help you so do what you need to do in the few months you have. Get on the phone TOMORROW and make a new plan. Stop moping around.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:52 pm

atul21 wrote:I am now starting to get worried after reading that Dr. Eid may be out of office for a long time. I was due for surgery on coming Friday 03-Feb.

You need to realise that they're saying that he is ill. Perhaps very ill. His recovery might be long or not at all. This isn't something that a few days rest, maybe some antibiotics will fix.
They are telling the truth as they know it. "everything is on hold indefinitely till further notice". That sounds like a pretty firm acknowledgment that he might not be coming back.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Franklin_F

Postby Franklin_F » Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:27 pm

I feel you bro... After lifelong ED, finally made up my mind and scheduled surgery with Dr. Eid, now this... Wish him a good recovery, but this really sucks for my mental health...
31 yrs old. ED from since puberty due to venous leak. Pills worked for 7-8 years and then stopped. Skipped injections, got implanted on 3.11.2023 with Titan Genesis pump 20cm+1.5cm RTEs by Dr. Levine.

personfromon

Postby personfromon » Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:37 pm

Wow, my thoughts are with Eid and his family. Here's hoping he makes a strong, speedy recovery.

Now I'm going to allow myself to be selfish for a moment: I'm going to be very upset with myself if I missed the opportunity to get the implant done by the top surgeon in the world due to my fear of the surgery. Does he have any trainee surgeons he's been working with who also know & use his "no touch" technique, and are as adequately educated on sizing and placement as he is?

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:53 pm

personfromon wrote:Wow, my thoughts are with Eid and his family. Here's hoping he makes a strong, speedy recovery.
Now I'm going to allow myself to be selfish for a moment: I'm going to be very upset with myself if I missed the opportunity to get the implant done by the top surgeon in the world due to my fear of the surgery. Does he have any trainee surgeons he's been working with who also know & use his "no touch" technique, and are as adequately educated on sizing and placement as he is?

As for the no touch. Literally all the better surgeons use it. It isn't a secret amongst them.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

misterecz

Postby misterecz » Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:08 am

Prayers up for Dr. Eid.
Peyronie's From Rough Sex in 2020.
Developed Erectile Dysfunction, Dorsal, & Lateral Curvature.
Treated With Traction, VED, DMSO, & PGE1.
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@mrecz

OregonStrong

Postby OregonStrong » Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:22 am

Flounder wrote:Heard the same thing this week. I called to schedule my 90 day follow up appointment. I was told they are not scheduling any appointments with Dr. Eid until further notice. I am now on a callback list when his schedule opens up again.

I explained that I am having problems with the LH distal tip coming out of the glans and have ongoing pain in that area. I was told they are referring emergency situations to another urologist in the the Northwell Health network or I can come in to see one of Dr Eid’s medical assistants for opinion. Neither seem like great options. Still deciding what to do next. Do I wait it out hoping for a speed return by Dr Eid? Get a different doctor involved in the midst of my recovery process? I lost a lot of sleep last night.

I wish the best for Dr. Eid and feel sorry for everyone caught up in this unfortunate circumstance.

Consider Hakky or Clavell, they seem to handle repairs and difficult cases well.
50 yrs old. E.D. issues started around age 35, combo venous leak/testicular failure. Bilateral testicular implants for severely atrophic testes. Implanted 6/11/20 Dr. Kramer LGX 21cm + 1.

Franklin_F

Postby Franklin_F » Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:22 am

OregonStrong wrote:
Flounder wrote:Heard the same thing this week. I called to schedule my 90 day follow up appointment. I was told they are not scheduling any appointments with Dr. Eid until further notice. I am now on a callback list when his schedule opens up again.

I explained that I am having problems with the LH distal tip coming out of the glans and have ongoing pain in that area. I was told they are referring emergency situations to another urologist in the the Northwell Health network or I can come in to see one of Dr Eid’s medical assistants for opinion. Neither seem like great options. Still deciding what to do next. Do I wait it out hoping for a speed return by Dr Eid? Get a different doctor involved in the midst of my recovery process? I lost a lot of sleep last night.

I wish the best for Dr. Eid and feel sorry for everyone caught up in this unfortunate circumstance.

Consider Hakky or Clavell, they seem to handle repairs and difficult cases well.

Is there data on the infection rates of Hakky or Clavell? Thanks!
31 yrs old. ED from since puberty due to venous leak. Pills worked for 7-8 years and then stopped. Skipped injections, got implanted on 3.11.2023 with Titan Genesis pump 20cm+1.5cm RTEs by Dr. Levine.

crazyjoe

Postby crazyjoe » Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:44 am

Personally, I wouldn’t be concerned about the infection rates of the big guns like Hakky, Clavell, Perito, Levine, Karpman — these are among the highest volume implanters with excellent reviews by the brothers on FT. But that’s just my view fwiw.

By the way, I texted a well wishes note to Dr Eid and got a very nice note back from him — didn’t mention his illness, but this gives me hope that it is a temporary sideline for him.
75, used pills, injections -- all lost effectiveness. Titan implanted by Eid in Feb '22.

Return to “Implants”